Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-10-2020, 15:19   #196
Bubbaclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MArk2486 View Post
Hi All,

Looking at houses in this area and wanted to see about Dun Si - for anyone living there currently. Some questions:

How long did it take for the build?
Buying off the plans - were you shown optional floor plans or was it just house numbers?
How do you find the neighbour noise through the semi-d and terrace? (Loud TV/music etc)
The air to water heat system - how is that working out? Much of a difference with bills? And is there always hot water?

Thanks!
I can't help with any of the other questions, but as far as I am aware all of the Dun Si development has already been built with a while. So you wouldn't be buying off plans in Dun Si.
Advertisement
24-10-2020, 15:46   #197
sparkle109

We have signed contracts for Skylark which is beside Dun si and have been told it’ll likely be June/July before they’re ready. Unfortunately can’t answer your questions but would be interested in replies
Thanks from:
24-10-2020, 15:49   #198
MArk2486

Congrats! Exciting times - did you have much option on the plans, or was it smash and grab take what was left? Skylark release looked to be very small number of houses
24-10-2020, 15:51   #199
MArk2486

Thanks for that - as I said, looking at the overall complex, and wanted to understand more about the process that people had in Dun Si as the next phase Skylark is quite similar
24-10-2020, 16:20   #200
sparkle109

To be honest, no, no scope for changing anything as far as I know and by the time we got our appointment to view quite a few had been reserved. I think there are some left however, are you looking at the same development?

Quote:
Congrats! Exciting times - did you have much option on the plans, or was it smash and grab take what was left? Skylark release looked to be very small number of houses
Advertisement
24-10-2020, 22:20   #201
chinguetti

Quote:
Hi All,

Looking at houses in this area and wanted to see about Dun Si - for anyone living there currently. Some questions:

Buying off the plans - were you shown optional floor plans or was it just house numbers?
How do you find the neighbour noise through the semi-d and terrace? (Loud TV/music etc)
The air to water heat system - how is that working out? Much of a difference with bills? And is there always hot water?

Thanks!
We're in an apartment in Dun Si so these answers might help you. As mentioned earlier, Dun Si is finished as a development so not sure how relevant the answers are though.

Build - they were 3 months behind schedule so nearly a year.
Options - none were shown to us or anyone I know of.
Noise - Its soundproof due to the flight path so not an issue
Heating system - works fine but yet to meet anyone who knows how to work it right.
Bills - Can't answer that until we figure out how to work it
Hot warm - yep, all the time.
25-10-2020, 15:50   #202
YGG

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks!
Build - we agreed to buy a 4 bed semi-d mid June and we got the keys mid Sept.
Plans - we were able to see the actual property from the outside but weren't allowed in for safety reasons. We were shown the showroom.
Noise - not an issue
Heating - working great so far (after I figured out how it works)
Bills - usage seems to be low but haven't received a bill yet
27-10-2020, 18:19   #203
sparkle109

Does anyone know if the first phase of Skylark sold out?
28-10-2020, 11:29   #204
House Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle109 View Post
Does anyone know if the first phase of Skylark sold out?
The first phase did yes - 21 units
Advertisement
03-11-2020, 15:30   #205
baldbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourdeadwright View Post
Not sure what your getting at but the Travellers who live on the Moyne road have been there for over 30 years and to my knowledge they have never caused any issues in the area or surrounding area

I know a couple of them personally just to say hello to and have chat and there decent families and people who keep themselves to themselves ,

Anyone in the area will tell you the same ,
I live in the area 4 years and regularly see them carry rubbish across the road and throw into the hedges and field. A mattress was the most recent thing. If you look tt the side of the road you might see other dumped stuff from.jobs like rubble or garden clearance.
03-11-2020, 15:46   #206
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldbear View Post
I live in the area 4 years and regularly see them carry rubbish across the road and throw into the hedges and field. A mattress was the most recent thing. If you look tt the side of the road you might see other dumped stuff from.jobs like rubble or garden clearance.
I know two of the families quite well and they have had problems in the past with people dumping rubble and stuff out side the entrance of Moyne park , Obviously knowing that the travellers will get the blame,

In fact its funny you mentioned a mattress as one morning I stopped to help one of the lads move a whole bed that someone dumped at the side of the round just where the bend is,

Now I'm not calling you liar if you seen them throwing rubbish into the field I can only take you for your word but it would be unusual for them ,
17-11-2020, 09:57   #207
MILF

Internet/TV providers at Dun Si, St Marnock's Bay

Hi all,

I am moving into a property in Dun Si at St Marnock's Bay and I'm wondering if any current residents had any issue with getting Sky internet or TV? It is coming up on the Sky website that it does not serve the development, but i'm hoping its because its so new!

Any help/guidance much apprecated!

(MODS - feel free to move this if you need to!)
17-11-2020, 11:04   #208
Grolschevik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILF View Post
Hi all,

I am moving into a property in Dun Si at St Marnock's Bay and I'm wondering if any current residents had any issue with getting Sky internet or TV? It is coming up on the Sky website that it does not serve the development, but i'm hoping its because its so new!

Any help/guidance much apprecated!

(MODS - feel free to move this if you need to!)
I think many of the surrounding developments went with Virgin fibre in the build, so that might be the default. Sky is now available where I am, but it took a management company decision to enable dishes to be mounted, rather than It being an independent choice. That's apartments rather than houses.
Thanks from:
17-11-2020, 11:37   #209
MILF

Yeah, apartments would have to get "permission" as such. Did you get Sky yourself? They seem to not be able to give me a definite answer as to whether the TV is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grolschevik View Post
I think many of the surrounding developments went with Virgin fibre in the build, so that might be the default. Sky is now available where I am, but it took a management company decision to enable dishes to be mounted, rather than It being an independent choice. That's apartments rather than houses.
17-11-2020, 11:45   #210
Grolschevik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILF View Post
Yeah, apartments would have to get "permission" as such. Did you get Sky yourself? They seem to not be able to give me a definite answer as to whether the TV is available.
It's available to switch to, but I stuck with Virgin. It wasn't available up until about five years ago or so. You could always check with Virgin. At this stage, it's probably either one or the other, but in just guessing here...
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion