Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

April 2021 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Hey beany just jumping in to say my last GP wouldn't use the Doppler before 20 weeks for that reason! Said it just caused unnecessary stress so please try not to worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maca13

I had a doctors appointment today and she checked for babies heart beat but couldn’t hear it. She told me not to be alarmed that there is only a 50/50 chance of being able to hear it at 10 weeks but I am obviously worried now. My scan is still 2 weeks away

I don’t think you should be worried as if she was using a Doppler this seems to be completely normal. Defo try not to worry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Have to admit I wouldn't have a doctor use a doppler before about 20 weeks either!My GP tried once at 17 weeks, on ome of mine, she did pick it up but both of us were very nervous when she did it.10 weeks is very early for it, I doubt it means anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

12 weeks 1 day, had scan today, all good thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 April21

How’s everyone doing? I’m 12+5 today and had my booking visit. Scan went well, all on track. Feeling much better the past couple of weeks and I can feel some energy coming back. Hoping to tell family later this week!

• Advertisement

Im 12 weeks next monday but having another private scan on saturday as paperwork only going into the system from GP yesterday...mix up...anyway....how long did it take for most people to hear back or get appointments from the hospital?

Had the appointment dates week 8 or early week 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Im having first scan at 11 and a half weeks going private so I expected it would be a bit earlier.

Anyone experiencing headaches/migraines? Im just gone 10 weeks and after having my second migraine in the space of 3 weeks. Defo never remember this with my first pregnancy.

Hi donkey10. God love you. No migranes, but terrible stomach pains today, pure gas, feel like my tummy could burst :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Babyonboard95

No migraines here either, all my sickness has gone at this stage. I nearly feel ‘not pregnant’. I’m 11 weeks today and have my scan today week so will be exactly 12 weeks

• Advertisement

Glad to hear the sickness is gone....although i cant imagine the bloatness is comfortable. Ihad a good bit of that in the earlier weeks.

Hope the migraines are somewhat normal that its not something else :-/

When do people plan on starting to buy things? It’s our first so we will be starting from scratch with everything so would like to get started as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 17 maggie23

Hey ladies just gone ten weeks, had a private scan this week so hubby could see, everything great thankfully.
    My 12 week scan is at 11 and a half weeks but going private so that might be why I got it bang on the week.

Excited to be able to tell people.
    Anyone else have back pain, it’s definitely muscle but I can hear my back clicking when I move, had to buy a pregnancy pillow, best inversion ever,

My sister kept a lot of things for me and all in perfect condition so once I see what she has I guess we will make a list to see what we need.
    Can’t wait to start picking up things finally have waited so long for this moment

maggie23 wrote: »
    Hey ladies just gone ten weeks, had a private scan this week so hubby could see, everything great thankfully.
    My 12 week scan is at 11 and a half weeks but going private so that might be why I got it bang on the week.

Anyone else have back pain, it’s definitely muscle but I can hear my back clicking when I move, had to buy a pregnancy pillow, best inversion ever,

My sister kept a lot of things for me and all in perfect condition so once I see what she has I guess we will make a list to see what we need.
    Can’t wait to start picking up things finally have waited so long for this moment

Congratulations hope your enjoying pregnancy so far 😊 I’m having back pain too. Not severe but definitely noticeable ! Where did you get the pregnancy pillow? I need to invest

donkey10 wrote: »
    Im having first scan at 11 and a half weeks going private so I expected it would be a bit earlier.

Anyone experiencing headaches/migraines? Im just gone 10 weeks and after having my second migraine in the space of 3 weeks. Defo never remember this with my first pregnancy.

Hi donkey10, I've had some mild headaches. I have a history of migraines and I was afraid they would come on as pregnancy can trigger them but thankfully not had a migraine yet. Might be worth a chat with your GP at your next visit for reassurance and to talk it through.
    When do people plan on starting to buy things? It’s our first so we will be starting from scratch with everything so would like to get started as soon as possible

I was wondering this too - this will also be our first. I spoke to my sister in law last night and she said she didn't get anything until after the 20 week scan and I think I will follow suit. I have finally bought myself a pair of maternity jeans and just waiting for them to arrive - my clothes are starting to get rather tight!
    maggie23 wrote: »

Thankfully my sister in law is going to let us borrow a few bits. A good friend has also offered her pregnancy pillow, I'm also noticing some laxity in my back. I just need to pick it up from her. She swore by this pillow! Hopefully I find it comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

I'm part of a Facebook group for ladies due in April 2021 and lots of them are talking about different travel systems etc! I haven't bought a thing! I too will be starting from scratch but I think waiting til the 20 week scan is the best advice. I don't want to jinx things before then!

FairCity12 wrote: »
    I'm part of a Facebook group for ladies due in April 2021 and lots of them are talking about different travel systems etc! I haven't bought a thing! I too will be starting from scratch but I think waiting til the 20 week scan is the best advice. I don't want to jinx things before then!

What is the name of the Facebook group if you don’t mind? Iv been searching for one but most I think are American groups so not sure if they would have relevant information

Herself is due in April but we'll leave shopping till 1st February.

Have an idea and a list, 10 weeks is enough to shop for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Danzy wrote: »
    Herself is due in April but we'll leave shopping till 1st February.

Have an idea and a list, 10 weeks is enough to shop for everything.

If you're buying a travel system some take a while to order so just something to bare in mind :)

Hi Ladies, for anyone using a pregnancy pillow, can you recommend a brand? My back is at me a little, im getting physio on it tomorrow so im going to ask his opinion too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

What is the name of the Facebook group if you don’t mind? Iv been searching for one but most I think are American groups so not sure if they would have relevant information

It's a private group. If you go to rollercoaster.ie and look along the top for the mums2be groups there is a place for April 2021 and you can request to be added. I don't know how to explain this otherwise lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17 maggie23

maca13 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, for anyone using a pregnancy pillow, can you recommend a brand? My back is at me a little, im getting physio on it tomorrow so im going to ask his opinion too.

I bought my pregnancy pillow through Bellamoon, they are an Irish company based In The north.. using it over a week now and my back pain has all but gone during the day. It can be used when baby comes too for breastfeeding support or if not breastfeeding just to secure around baby

What stage do we get the flu and whopping cough vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB2017

I'm jumping in from March thread, whooping cough from 16 weeks and flu jab at any stage

Does anyone suffer from an underactive thyroid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

maca13 wrote: »
    Does anyone suffer from an underactive thyroid?

I'm mammy to a 14 month old and have an underactive thyroid. Feel free to PM me if you like or ask away here if you've any questions :)

BOB2017 wrote: »
    I'm jumping in from March thread, whooping cough from 16 weeks and flu jab at any stage

Must call Gp and organise this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I got my flu 2 weeks ago at 16w, and got my whooping cough yesterday at 17weeks 7days. GP said any time after 16w is good, I just wanted to get on top of the flu due to the shortage,

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all,

New to boards. I'm also wondering about when to buy. First pregnancy in the family and so no one to borrow from. Wondering if any knows if the likes of mama's and papas actually do decent Christmas sales? Want to try and buy at the best time but I don't if seasonal sales are really even a thing or just getting rid of end of the line stuff.

• Advertisement

How is everyone doing? I was seen today for my 16 week visit (at 17+ weeks due to scheduling) and all going well so far thankfully. Have anomoly scan coming up in 4 weeks from now (will be 21+ at that stage).

No movements yet but the doctor said it is normal with the first. She is happy with progress. Feeling a lot more like myself now thankfully and managing to get more exercise. The only thing is I get incredibly hungry really quickly at the moment!

I borrowed a pregnancy pillow from a friend today. It's like a massive snake in the bed :D Can't wait to try it out later.

Advertisement