Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due Sept 2020

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Hang in there shashabear! Your almost there. Went hugely over with 1st two so i feel your pain. Everyday is like a week!
    Just made the September babies! Began induction on tues and arrived yesterday. 5lbs 2 oz so in nicu for obs but hopefully not for long. He's like a doll!
    Had unexpected natural delivery after started drip ans went from 1 cm to 10 cm in 20 min! Bit overwhelming but no stitches or tears which is great!
    Hoping bp will settle now and can home in a day or two. Hope all the sep babies are doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Hang in there shashabear! Your almost there. Went hugely over with 1st two so i feel your pain. Everyday is like a week!
    Just made the September babies! Began induction on tues and arrived yesterday. 5lbs 2 oz so in nicu for obs but hopefully not for long. He's like a doll!
    Had unexpected natural delivery after started drip ans went from 1 cm to 10 cm in 20 min! Bit overwhelming but no stitches or tears which is great!
    Hoping bp will settle now and can home in a day or two. Hope all the sep babies are doing well!

Aw congrats, and great that you weren't stuck on the drip for too long!
    I can't even imagine a little dinky baby like that, we're looking at double that here - schoolbag and all out with her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Congrats Annoyedgal :)

Ah shasha I hope this baba comes soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pippin04

Congrats Annoyedgal! Sound like an intense labour with those times!
    And shasha I hope you're not kept waiting that long for baby to arrive!

Had my induction Wednesday and just missed out on the septmeber baby club by a few hours.... things didnt quite go to plan, ended in csection and a lil bit of nicu time for baby but back on the road to recovery and in the same room now, midwives in the rotunda, and the docs, are phenomenal dont know how they do it!

Hope all those with babies have somewhat settled into a rhythm.
    Thanks again for all the advice along the way ladies it's been invaluable especially on those tough days!

Congrats Pippin04! Great to be on the other side! Hope your not too sore after the op.
    Enjoy the cuddles!
    Hoping to get home today or tom as bp has settled with meds at last. Baby was treated for jaundice and doing great. Too small to latch well so ecpressing and hoping he'll develop latch with another week under his belt.
    agree with you docs and midwives, absolute stars! Makes it easier to be here with restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

ShaShaBear wrote:
    Well I guess there goes my chances of having a September baby

Oh god fair play you're still waiting, must be so tough! Hope you're not too uncomfortable!
    annoyedgal wrote:
    Hang in there shashabear! Your almost there. Went hugely over with 1st two so i feel your pain. Everyday is like a week! Just made the September babies! Began induction on tues and arrived yesterday. 5lbs 2 oz so in nicu for obs but hopefully not for long. He's like a doll! Had unexpected natural delivery after started drip ans went from 1 cm to 10 cm in 20 min! Bit overwhelming but no stitches or tears which is great! Hoping bp will settle now and can home in a day or two. Hope all the sep babies are doing well!

Wow that's so fast after the drip! Must have been intense! Little cutie will be flying before you know it.
    pippin04 wrote:
    Had my induction Wednesday and just missed out on the septmeber baby club by a few hours.... things didnt quite go to plan, ended in csection and a lil bit of nicu time for baby but back on the road to recovery and in the same room now, midwives in the rotunda, and the docs, are phenomenal dont know how they do it!

Aw congratulations, mind yourself recovering from the section, I'm two and half weeks on and feeling stronger day by day. Baby boy is doing great, taking 3-4 ounces regularly although prefers to be in the bed with us at night, getting more sleep this way so going with it!!

So, officially one week overdue today. Induction ( :(:(:( ) is booked to start next Monday evening and I am DREADING it. Hubbie won't be contacted until I am in active labour and is an hour's drive away (assuming there are no Level 3 checkpoints that hold him up or turn him back) and I'm afraid he's going to miss it.
    Appointment today to see if there was any progress on last week so I'm hoping these Braxton Hicks that have been so strong they've woken me up throughout the night for days now might actually mean something :o
    (Side note, who on earth decided that Braxton Hicks contractions are "painless"? )

Hope all you ladies are enjoying your little ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

Hopefully you might have some news after todays appointment ShaShaBear. I'm in the same boat still waiting on this LO to arrive booked in to be induced on Thursday morning. I dont know should I tell my husband to go way home and come back later or ask him to wait around we are 40 mins drive away all going well.

Its such a pain that partners cant come in with you it adds stress to an already stressful situation

Eireog1 wrote: »
    Hopefully you might have some news after todays appointment ShaShaBear. I'm in the same boat still waiting on this LO to arrive booked in to be induced on Thursday morning. I dont know should I tell my husband to go way home and come back later or ask him to wait around we are 40 mins drive away all going well.

Its such a pain that partners cant come in with you it adds stress to an already stressful situation

Ah I'd definitely say you might as well send him home depending on the method of induction and how dilated you are when it "starts". I was 2.5cm when they broke my waters with my first, only took about 30 minutes to hit 4. But luckily for us at the time it was Cavan and he was able to go visit a friend until they let him come in.

The problem personally for us this time is I am in Drogheda, and if we can't get a babysitter for the other two kids, he'll have to stay home with them. My mother has the go-ahead to leave work once I'm in active labour to take the kids, but obviously I couldn't expect her to take two whole days off on the off-chance that the gel will spur me into labour quickly :(

Hang in there guys, it's so stressful being overdue and even more so with the restrictions. To give you my induction timeline for 3rd baby, had a gel, another 6 hours later. Waters went on their own about 4 hours later and was brought to labour ward 12 hours later at 1cm.
    Stalled then until drip 3 hours later. Was loads of time for husband to get in. Granted this was 3 weeks early so you may go faster but should be lots of time to get partners in and kids sorted hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

I feel for you ShaShaBear and Eirog! Hopefully you go yourselves before the induction dates.

As mentioned before, depending on the induction method there could be loads of time. Have they done an internal examination? Are you dilated at all? If you are you might be able to avoid pessary/gel and go straight to waters being broken.

I was in the Coombe. They induced me just over a week early for gestational diabetes. Longest part was pessary and waiting for a space on the delivery suite. I got pessary Wed morning. That was in for 24hrs. They took it out Thurs morning and I was checked and told I was good to get my waters broken. Big back log for delivery suite and didn't get brought down until 8.30am Friday morning. Rang my husband while walking to delivery suite.

From there it was quite quick. This was my 2nd baby. Broke waters at 9am. I requested an hour before they started drip to see would I contract myself. I didnt. Drip hooked up at 10am. Checked me at about 11.50am. I was only 3cm. Then things really kicked off. Baby was born at 12.17pm so went 3cm to baby being born in under half an hour.

Even though it was quick (just under 3.5hrs) there was still plenty of time for my husband to get there. If its your 1st baby its likely to take longer. My first was just over 12hrs from waters being broken..

Wishing you both the best of luck. Hopefully they make their appearances soon & your partners are there with plenty of time.

Well, went in for my appointment yesterday afternoon and was offered a sweep once I was told I had made it to 2cm.
    Waters went everywhere during the sweep and I was lucky enough to be sent home with instructions to be back in by 10am today for an antibiotic drip.
    Labour kicked in at 12am, ambulance was called because "someone" couldn't resist pushing and she was out at 2.02am today with an hour to spare once we got to the hospital :pac:
    Got home at lunchtime and all is well - my whopper, constantly-monitored, guaranteed difficult birth 10+lb baby girl slid out stitch-free at 8lbs 0.5oz :pac:

Amazing shasha bear! So delighted you have it over and all went well and your home so soon! Enjoy your little lady and congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Yayyyy Shasha!! Congratulations I am delighted for you!

Wow Shashabear congratulations!! Amazing to get home so quickly too, enjoy the little snuggles!

September mamas what are you doing in relation to visitors?
    Some family want to visit but my instinct is to hold off. We were planning on no visitors at all for a few weeks until baba is term at least and then immediate family only.

annoyedgal wrote:
    September mamas what are you doing in relation to visitors? Some family want to visit but my instinct is to hold off. We were planning on no visitors at all for a few weeks until baba is term at least and then immediate family only.

I got out of hospital on Day 4 and we had both sets of grandparents to visit the following day, then two uncles and one aunt came over the following week or so. Most of our siblings still haven't met him and no friends have at all. It's my husband's birthday at the weekend so we will be visiting his parents house and I dread to think who else has been told we will be there, random gran-uncles, partners of his siblings etc...definitely more than the 6 people from 1 household rule.

Congrats ShaShaBear! Delighted she's here. And a lovely weight in the end.

Visitor wise we've just had immediate family. We ask everyone to wash and sanitise their hands. Hasn't been an issue for anyone. I'm still very nervous as they all work and have contact with lots of people via their jobs. Ideally would like people to wear masks but hasn't happened. I'm getting nervous again with rising numbers so trying to keep a low profile.

It's a hard one alright. I'm extra cautious as he was preterm so out the family off until he plus term at least. Have one in creche and school so feel thats already a lot of exposure!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pippin04

Congrats ShaSha, delighted your little ones arrived!! And some difference in the predicted weight, just shows you!

The visitors with the numbers going up are a really tricky one. My parents have been in but wont hold the baby as they're being ultra cautious which almost makes life easy for me but hubby's family have been in and some of them work in schools.... obviously have been making sure everyone is washed and sanitised but doesnt help the nerves....
    Think were all totally over this virus eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Ah congrats Shasha, delighted for you now that you have it all over. Hope you're both keeping well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

Hi All just a update. I was booked in for induction last Thursday but went myself on Tuesday/Wednesday. Started labour pains at lunchtime on Tuesday and rang the hospital told to come in. By the time I have toddler sorted with childminder and made my way in the contraction had stopped again but they decided to keep me overnight and I started again at about 5 o clock my 9 I was only 2cm dilated but contractions coming every 1 so was bought to labour ward and babies heart beat was all over the place so rang my husband to come in as he was 40 mins away. Have our beautiful baby girl at 2.57 weighing a whopping 9lbs 7oz was told she was only measuring 8lb. Ended up with a vacuum delivery as cord was around the neck. It was all very fast in the end and thank god she is here safe and sound.
    Got to come home on the Thursday they wanted to keep me until Friday but I pushed to go home.

Eireog1 wrote: »
    Hi All just a update. I was booked in for induction last Thursday but went myself on Tuesday/Wednesday. Started labour pains at lunchtime on Tuesday and rang the hospital told to come in. By the time I have toddler sorted with childminder and made my way in the contraction had stopped again but they decided to keep me overnight and I started again at about 5 o clock my 9 I was only 2cm dilated but contractions coming every 1 so was bought to labour ward and babies heart beat was all over the place so rang my husband to come in as he was 40 mins away. Have our beautiful baby girl at 2.57 weighing a whopping 9lbs 7oz was told she was only measuring 8lb. Ended up with a vacuum delivery as cord was around the neck. It was all very fast in the end and thank god she is here safe and sound.
    Got to come home on the Thursday they wanted to keep me until Friday but I pushed to go home.

Congratulations Eirog. Delighted to hear all was ok. Sounds like it was scary towards the end. Hope you're getting lots of lovely snuggles now.

Advertisement