Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead | Season 10 | Episode 13 | What We Become [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 22-03-2020 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 10

Episode 13 - "What We Become"

Airdate - March 22nd AMC at 9/8c | March 23rd on FOX UK at 9PM

Michonne takes Virgil back to his island to find his family; in exchange, Virgil offers weapons.

Promo

How did you rate this episode? 15 votes

0%
    6%
    CYHSN 1 vote
    6%
    silvervixen84 1 vote
    20%
    w/s/p/c/brilou23duffysfarm 3 votes
    26%
    NUTZZricero[Deleted User]nannerby 4 votes
    6%
    Mickeroo 1 vote
    13%
    shineon23fritzelly 2 votes
    0%
    13%
    Darth MelkorLiamalone 2 votes
    6%
    Luckycharm 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Although this is widely known, I'll spoiler anyway;
    This episode marks the last appearance of Danai Gurira as Michonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

For a swan song thought it was a bit of boring episode, using sentimentality to throw in some flashback scenes to now gone cast members
    Suppose the end part where she finishes where she started was alright

I have to say I enjoyed that episode. Interesting to show how one decision could change the whole path of her life (leaving Andrea to die). I think Danai Gurira is going to be huge loss to the show, she's a phenomenal actress and Michonne is a great character, one of the very few that most people are emotionally invested in. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long before we see her again.

Setting themselves up nicely for the Rick standalone movies now.

POLL ADDED

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

After watching that I just feel for her poor son michonne is leaving behind to go look for Rick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Thought it was a very good episode, nice send off for the character. With the last scene and clues that were in the episode, it all points to setting up the trilogy of what happened to Rick movies, which will hopefully bring all shows together and end it on a high note.

I have stuck with the show after thinking of giving it up, but with all the years invested in it I am glad I did as I think this series has been decent overall compared to the last few.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Apart from the alternative history, that was a wretched mess. Worst episode since the stupid cave based dark one. No progression (as seems the case with every second episode these days).

Couple of interesting points/Easter eggs in this episode;

5e77ed361378e32450231533?width=500&format=jpeg&auto=webp

We're seeing the season two finale play out from Michonne's point of view, which wasn't possible in the past. Above are shots from Sunday's episode and the season two finale. The difference? The person on the bottom half of the photo isn't Danai Gurira. She wasn't cast yet at the time in the role.

5e77ed8c671de04ec5490995?width=500&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Showrunner Angela Kang told Insider they pulled off the new versions of old scenes by combining new footage with old scenes. "TWD" didn't bring back a bunch of actors for Michonne's final episode. They used previous footage and combined it with new scenes they filmed.

5e7819610c2a6263d9437b13?width=500&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Season two, episode seven footage was used of Rick to help create the scene where he shoots Michonne. Rick was aged to have more scruff and hair than in the original scene.

5e77d52eba85ee1bcb25b815?width=500&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Michonne finds a phone with hers and Judith's photos etched onto it. A message written in Japanese translates, 'believe a little bit longer.' Angela Kang told Entertainment Weekly the message wasn't written by Rick, though, "it was a message to Rick from somebody, somehow on this boat.". It's inferred that Michonne may know Japanese by the scene that comes next on the show.

5e77fbe5ba85ee26ce0ed774?width=500&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Michonne calls for Judith over radio. The two refer to themselves by code names: Daito and Shoto. Daito and Shoto are the names of Japanese swords. Daito is representative of a long sword and Shoto is Japanese for a short sword. Together, the swords form the word Daisho, a term for long and short swords worn by samurai. In this case, Michonne is the big sword, while Judith is the little sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I wonder what happened to the other three people on the island that escaped with Michonne? Did they just part ways with her once they landed? I wonder will we see them again.

Also that large group we see at the end, I'm guessing that's something to do with the Commonwealth, judging by the military-style formation. Leading us and Michonne into the film storylines I guess?

Also I'ma just say it again....WHERE'S HEATH?? lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Michonne lost a son early on but because it wasn't in the show we're not shown her trauma from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Bit of a mixed bag. At least we got a Pseudo death scene.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

The episode had its moments. It does set up the movie quite well, whenever that will be released.

Phone cases now available on TWD store! :pac:

EUPfeIXUYAUpEJk?format=jpg&name=small

Advertisement