Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Strike is over. What happens now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Anyone know for sure what is going on within the Beefplan Movement? It all seems very suspicious. I didn't get to go to the Clare meeting and wasn't talking to anyone that did go.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Imagine the votes it would get if any Government party did something to reduce the processors dominant market control?

Or put it another way, how many votes would you lose if your party gave the processors a bit of a kicking?

Some of the party leaders are attending the IFA AGM today. I saw the list of demands last week....... seemed to cover everything

https://www.ifa.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/IFA-2020-General-Election-Submisison.pdf

Be interesting to see Beef Plans submission. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

wrangler wrote: »
    Some of the party leaders are attending the IFA AGM today. I saw the list of demands last week....... seemed to cover everything

https://www.ifa.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/IFA-2020-General-Election-Submisison.pdf

Be interesting to see Beef Plans submission. :D
    I thought they didn’t want sfp payments capped?

Jjameson wrote: »
    I thought they didn’t want sfp payments capped?

They always said that it depended on the farm circumstances,eg, if there was two families involved in the farm or even people employed the cap should be increased

About time Joe criticised the splinter groups, beef plan has been bitching for 12 mths now against IFA with no response.
    So he finally responded

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/joe-healy-takes-parting-shot-at-dangerous-splinter-group-523084

• Advertisement

About time Joe criticised the splinter groups, beef plan has been bitching for 12 mths now against IFA with no response.
    So he finally responded

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/joe-healy-takes-parting-shot-at-dangerous-splinter-group-523084

The glut. The awful big glut while we got this won this and that, got this over the line, delivered, practically copy and paste from fine Gael’s election pamphlets and polished big Phils shoes while we were down there on our knees . Would you like a new shiny phone, a voucher for fbd.

Would that be the jist!?

The glut. The awful big glut while we got this won this and that, got this over the line, delivered, practically copy and paste from fine Gael’s election pamphlets and polished big Phils shoes while we were down there on our knees . Would you like a new shiny phone, a voucher for fbd.

Would that be the jist!?

I'm actually surprised that article is subscriber only, thought it'd be free.
    It's a good kick in the goolies for Beef Plan. pity if they can't read it.
    I doubt IFA bow to anyone, I certainly don't bow to anyone anyway.
    Grovelling to politicians waste of time, Public servants run this country, if you had any thing to do with government you'd see that, You should watch a boxset of Yes Minister, it'd give you some idea how it works
    Fine Gael copy and pastes IFAs submissions you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Anyone know for sure what is going on within the Beefplan Movement? It all seems very suspicious. I didn't get to go to the Clare meeting and wasn't talking to anyone that did go.
    As I said I'm not a member but reading on FB and Twitter there seems to be an issue with the initial application forms where farmers paid €10 to join at the meetings in winter 2018/2019. It appears that a number of people who filled out the form/paid the €10 are not registered as Beef Plan members so when it came to the elections they were not eligible for nomination or vote. The Eoin Donnelly fiasco is the one that has been well publicised.

There also appears to be a issue over the residency of the €10 membership fees that were collected at that time, the fact that farmers did not receive a receipt on payment and how those funds are used. That's my understanding of it.

Grovelling to politicians waste of time, Public servants run this country, if you had any thing to do with government you'd see that, You should watch a boxset of Yes Minister, it'd give you some idea how it works

So how doth joe deliver his deliveries? Where cometh the pressure?

Base price wrote: »
    As I said I'm not a member but reading on FB and Twitter there seems to be an issue with the initial application forms where farmers paid €10 to join at the meetings in winter 2018/2019. It appears that a number of people who filled out the form/paid the €10 are not registered as Beef Plan members so when it came to the elections they were not eligible for nomination or vote. The Eoin Donnelly fiasco is the one that has been well publicised.

There also appears to be a issue over the residency of the €10 membership fees that were collected at that time, the fact that farmers did not receive a receipt on payment and how those funds are used. That's my understanding of it.

I was never at a meeting either, Christ almighty the eif levy in mart for selling 38 good ewes came to more than that.
    Barmy. Hard to make progress.

• Advertisement

The article is free to view.
    I'm not the biggest IFA fan (although a member) but I thought Joe Healy was a good president. I liked listening/seeing him on the radio/tv, he was calm and articulate getting his points across.

I wish him and his family well in the future.

The article is free to view.
    I'm not the biggest IFA fan (although a member) but I thought Joe Healy was a good president. I liked listening/seeing him on the radio/tv, he was calm and articulate getting his points across.

I wish him and his family well in the future.

It’s asking me to sign in or code. No journal bought last week by default. But I can imagine. I concur with your sentiment above. A descant guy.

So how doth joe deliver his deliveries? Where cometh the pressure?

What did creed know about agriculture, but you can be damn sure that he'd have his advisers at the meetings, and when IFA go to meet the next minister, there'll be the same advisers plus maybe a ministers favourite dragged in as well.
    Of course you have to go through the motions of annoying the local TDs as well .... but grovelling, moi, never ffs

It’s asking me to sign in or code. No journal bought last week by default. But I can imagine. I concur with your sentiment above. A descant guy.
    I buy the online sub for OH so I can read the articles online. A few months ago I complained that I couldn't differentiate between subscriber and free to read articles and a few weeks later they (IFJ) abbreviated some of their articles with "subscriber only" .

This Joe Healy article is not tagged as "subscriber only".

I buy the online sub for OH so I can read the articles online. A few months ago I complained that I couldn't differentiate between subscriber and free to read articles and a few weeks later they (IFJ) abbreviated some of their articles with "subscriber only" .

Joe did well, I'd imagine he can pick and chose what he wants to do now.
    He's a nice guy as well.
    I like the IFJ paper and OH likes IFJ online so she take the code for herself but it comes to our two computers anyway

Got it through twitter. So how exactly can the ifa credit “delivering” the beam scheme? 50million of eu money. Thanks big Phil. 50million of our own tax. Thanks Michael creed and andrew Doyle.. (so says the his euro election campaign and timed to coincide).

And is it a win when his tenure didn’t put on dent in the beef cartel?
    This subsidises them as much as the farmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

One of yesterdays tweets said the money has been moved back into the correct location, but it certainly is peculiar.

Got it through twitter. So how exactly can the ifa credit “delivering” the beam scheme? 50million of eu money. Thanks big Phil. 50million of our own tax. Thanks Michael creed and andrew Doyle.. (so says the his euro election campaign and timed to coincide).

And is it a win when his tenure didn’t put on dent in the beef cartel?
    This subsidises them as much as the farmers.

Yea and politicians get up every morning saying what can we do for farmers.
    I'm telling you they don't, and they'll hover up a lot more votes from any sector other than farmers.
    Poland didn't get a Beam scheme and will be affected by Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Robson99

For once I actually agree with you wrangler

IFA done **** all for the suckler farmer and Creed done **** all for them either. Both of them tits on a bull

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

One of yesterdays tweets said the money has been moved back into the correct location, but it certainly is peculiar.

I’m not savvy enough when it comes to computers to get the video but this would be the perfect time for the father ted “that money was just resting in my account” statement 😂

• Advertisement

Robson99 wrote: »
    For once I actually agree with you wrangler

IFA done **** all for the suckler farmer and Creed done **** all for them either. Both of them tits on a bull

All I see is schemes for sucklers, a damn sight more than for sheep, wasn't there €80 cow last year.
    Increase in ANC, I think there's an increase in tax allowance too I'm sure there's more too,
    Beef Plan will show ye all what it takes to get as much as IFA They must have really annoyed the factories, I never saw them keeping their foot on prices so long after a protest before.

RobinBanks wrote: »
    I’m not savvy enough when it comes to computers to get the video but this would be the perfect time for the father ted “that money was just resting in my account” statement ��
    :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeVlsRubPWY&t=104s

But again I ask how does the ifa credit themselves with the distribution of cap eu or lwn own exchequer funding. What is their leverage or where or how can they apply pressure or influence? The are in competition with the politicians for the glory.
    And in any case schemes taking taxes that could be used elsewhere while a meat processing cartel have a hay day everyday rain or shine is nothing to be proud of.

Can someone please explain the whole Eoin Donnelly debacle. What exactly has he done wrong? My own devils advocate theory is that he’s an IFA man trying to bring the whole lot down but then I say to myself that’s ridiculous. Obviously he’s very passionate about the whole beef sector and is trying really hard to get a fair price for farmers.

I just don’t get it and no one will tell me what’s going on!!!!!

If there’s any crowd worse than the Black and Tans it’s the silage testers. Waving their Massive dmd sheets as if anyone would want to be looking at them.. the filth father.. the Twitter is nuts. Jaysus I’d nearly go for the craic and stay for the hoors.

But again I ask how does the ifa credit themselves with the distribution of cap eu or lwn own exchequer funding. What is their leverage or where or how can they apply pressure or influence? The are in competition with the politicians for the glory.
    And in any case schemes taking taxes that could be used elsewhere while a meat processing cartel have a hay day everyday rain or shine is nothing to be proud of.

I'd be very critical of farmers letting themselves get into the position of only one market for their beef, and fair dues to factories for taking advantage.
    I get my haircut in a little shop where a neighbour started a butcher shop 40 years ago, it is about 15ft by 8 he has now a good size factory developed in an era when begrudgers were saying larry had it all sewn up, he also bought a lot of land and built a beautiful house.
    Another neighbour has a lorry, he has recently bought land too and says that the lorry is paying for itself and the farm, he's recently bought another lorry.
    My point is don't expect farming to be any more than a hobby and no one owes you a living

Can someone please explain the whole Eoin Donnelly debacle. What exactly has he done wrong? My own devils advocate theory is that he’s an IFA man trying to bring the whole lot down but then I say to myself that’s ridiculous. Obviously he’s very passionate about the whole beef sector and is trying really hard to get a fair price for farmers.

As I said I'm not a member of the Beef Plan. From what I understand reading on Facebook/Twitter - Eoin Donnelly attended a Beef Plan meeting in a mart/co-op etc during the Winter of 2018/2019. He apparently filled out a membership form and paid €10. When it came to the recent Beef Plan elections it appears that he wasn't a member cause there was no membership form in his name. He also didn't have a receipt for his €10 payment to prove that he had paid same.

I might have it backways but that is my understanding of the situation.

As I said I'm not a member of the Beef Plan. From what I understand reading on Facebook/Twitter - Eoin Donnelly attended a Beef Plan meeting in a mart/co-op etc during the Winter of 2018/2019. He apparently filled out a membership form and paid €10. When it came to the recent Beef Plan elections it appears that he wasn't a member cause there was no membership form in his name. He also didn't have a receipt for his €10 payment to prove that he had paid same.

But was he not the main negotiator in the mii talks late last year?? Why would his membership issues be such a point of contention?

I’m sure he’s not arguing over €10

It’s a strange setup, thank god I don’t rely on farming to feed my family

But was he not the main negotiator in the mii talks late last year?? Why would his membership issues be such a point of contention?

I’m sure he’s not arguing over €10

It’s a strange setup, thank god I don’t rely on farming to feed my family
    You asked a question and I gave my opinion based on what I read on FB and Twitter.

I didn't know that he was the main negotiator in the MII talks.

You obviously know considerably more than I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

If only there was a website you could search to find out when and what each organisation asked the gov for...oh wait there is

Advertisement