Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin watches on Amazon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭jamesd

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Returned stuff is sold through the Warehouse Deals but I thought you bought a new one?

I did, very strange then that it's missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

That's a weird one. Although I've heard a few reports of Nintendo Switch games being ordered and people just getting an empty case. In fairness though, the customer service is spot on and their quick to resolve things.

Got my Vivoactive 3 today and well impressed so far. Loads of features on it. Loaded up a few playlists there and tried it with Bluetooth headphones and it's very good. Gonna try a run tomorrow with it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 onetwofourthree

The Vivoactive 3... I'm a little unclear, and not been able to work this out from the info around. Can you go for a long run, listen to some Spotify playlists etc - and leave the phone at home?

IE does the phone need to be in range, or can I run as far as my legs will carry me in one direction, and expect it to still play music etc?! Thanks!

The Vivoactive 3... I'm a little unclear, and not been able to work this out from the info around. Can you go for a long run, listen to some Spotify playlists etc - and leave the phone at home?

IE does the phone need to be in range, or can I run as far as my legs will carry me in one direction, and expect it to still play music etc?! Thanks!

Only the Vivoactive 3 Music is capable of this, because it has internal storage for your Spotify to be stored on.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭supue

Yes, with the Vivoactive 3 music you can leave the phone at home with a Spotify Premium account. Download the spotify app via the Garmin app store, sync with your spotify account, and then transfer music to your watch. Space on the watch for circa 500 songs. Playlists have to sync and transfer before you can leave the phone at home. Wife has it, works a treat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzk2pvKuRPw

• Advertisement

Has anyone who picked up the Vivoactive 3 Music on here been having any issues with theirs lately. Mine was fine but I think the last update has changed something for the worst. My Bluetooth headphones keep disconnecting on a run now and eventually the watch will crash. Its corrupted a run too which never happened before. Taking forever to get GPS signal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

skerry wrote: »
    Has anyone who picked up the Vivoactive 3 Music on here been having any issues with theirs lately. Mine was fine but I think the last update has changed something for the worst. My Bluetooth headphones keep disconnecting on a run now and eventually the watch will crash. Its corrupted a run too which never happened before. Taking forever to get GPS signal too.

I've had issues with the GPS today.
    I done a sync using USB cable and seemed to sort it out.
    I didn't have any other issues tho

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    I've had issues with the GPS today.
    I done a sync using USB cable and seemed to sort it out.
    I didn't have any other issues tho

Don't recall having any of these issues prior to last update. Taking anywhere up to 15 minutes to get a GPS signal. Restarting helps sometimes but not always. I've only tried to use it with bluetooth headphones twice in the last week now and its corrupted a run the first time and crashed the watch the second. Contacted customer support there so will see what the get back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Been a bit weird for me too. Lost a run, sleep app isn't working as it should either.

Been a bit weird for me too. Lost a run, sleep app isn't working as it should either.

Do you think your issues are since last update? Can't remember exactly when last one was but think I remember it restarting for an update about 3 weeks ago. I've been having issues with the watch turning off vibrate of its own accord also, need to mess around with settings to get it back on despite the do not disturb button being off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Do you think your issues are since last update? Can't remember exactly when last one was but think I remember it restarting for an update about 3 weeks ago. I've been having issues with the watch turning off vibrate of its own accord also, need to mess around with settings to get it back on despite the do not disturb button being off.

I'm not sure of the timing either but definitely started within the past month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭recyclebin

GPS also seems to take longer to lock on for me too in the past few weeks, Vivoactive 3 Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Don't recall having any of these issues prior to last update. Taking anywhere up to 15 minutes to get a GPS signal. Restarting helps sometimes but not always. I've only tried to use it with bluetooth headphones twice in the last week now and its corrupted a run the first time and crashed the watch the second. Contacted customer support there so will see what the get back with.

Is your EPO current? I had an issue with gps a while ago and syncing it sorted it.

Is your EPO current? I had an issue with gps a while ago and syncing it sorted it.

Wasn't sure what EPO was so had a google there. Says it updates it when Syncing which I do regularly so I'm guessing its current.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Wasn't sure what EPO was so had a google there. Says it updates it when Syncing which I do regularly so I'm guessing its current.

I think I had to plug mine in via usb to do it rather than the normal
    Bluetooth sync.

I think I had to plug mine in via usb to do it rather than the normal
    Bluetooth sync.

Thanks, I'll try that. Garmin have got back to me on it and they said if you don't use GPS every day it will take longer as its not building up daily predictive data on satellite positioning so takes it longer to locate. I'm more concerned about the crashing issue which they haven't really provided much info on yet. Have a feeling they will blame my headphones, even though I've been using them with the watch for several months before this with no issues

So the folks at Garmin have replied to me and shockingly they are blaming the headphones I'm using. This is despite the fact that the same headphones have been working with no issues with the watch for months.

He referred me to an article that is buried on their website which had about 10 Garmin recommended bluetooth headphones listed all of which cost about the same price as the watch itself. Can't imagine I'm going to be getting anywhere fast with this one.

Advertisement