Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eurosport Player £1.99 for 12 months

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭geriatric

josip wrote: »
    Set a reminder to cancel your subscription after the cooling off period.
    Otherwise they'll automatically re-charge you in 12 months time

Can anyone tell me the best way to cancel? They don't make it easy

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

You can log in on your account and cancel it immediately after signing up. It still works for the year. I did that last year and it worked and did the same yesterday after registering then proceeded to watch the race. Worked fine.

You can log in on your account and cancel it immediately after signing up. It still works for the year. I did that last year and it worked and did the same yesterday after registering then proceeded to watch the race. Worked fine.

I'm in the app and there's nothing in the Account option to cancel. Am I missing something?

geriatric wrote: »
    I'm in the app and there's nothing in the Account option to cancel. Am I missing something?

try logging in on a browser - sometimes in apps they don't have all the options.

even a browser on your phone with desktop mode selected should work.

glasso wrote: »
    try logging in on a browser - sometimes in apps they don't have all the options.

even a browser on your phone with desktop mode selected should work.

Will do thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

geriatric wrote: »
    Will do thanks

I did it on a desktop.

I did it on a desktop.

filthy

glasso wrote: »
    filthy

Filthy but it worked 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Just found it here too

https://promo-pl.eurosportplayer.com/promo/all-sports/black-friday-2018

44.50 Polish Zloty or c. €10.35

Just a heads up for anyone that bought this last year make sure your auto renew is off otherwise they will charge you 89PLN

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

jonny_b wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone that bought this last year make sure your auto renew is off otherwise they will charge you 89PLN

Mine says next payment will be 44,50zt, maybe no need to cancel?

Status Active
    Next payment: 44,50 zł / YEAR
    Payment Method: CARD
    Next payment due: 24-11-2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

micknail wrote: »
    Mine says next payment will be 44,50zt, maybe no need to cancel?

Status Active
    Next payment: 44,50 zł / YEAR
    Payment Method: CARD
    Next payment due: 24-11-2019

Mine too.

I cancelled, then read your post and resumed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I bought a Black Friday 2018 sub for the same price(Polish sub). My account says it will auto renew on 23rd Nov for the same amount!. Great value I use it mostly for the snooker.

However I do remember canceling the next payment through PayPal so I fear even if my eurosport account says it will auto renew I dont think it will because I stopped future payment in PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭josip

Is there anything to stop Eurosport from increasing the amount of your next renewal 2 weeks before the renew date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

josip wrote: »
    Is there anything to stop Eurosport from increasing the amount of your next renewal 2 weeks before the renew date?

I'd take a screenshot of the amount you're getting it for.
    Then if they increase it you can protest using your screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

Well they just doubled the price! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Same. Was expecting 45.5 to go through.

From the site, assume it said the same last year when I signed up.

Price Special offer on Black Friday is available until 23:59 on 02/12/2019. Only for new subscribers. Access to sports materials for a year for a fee in advance of PLN 44.50. Full standard price of PLN 89 It is automatically extended annually for the standard annual price then in force, unless canceled earlier. A minimum period of 12 months shall apply during the first year of payment and each extension year. All prices include VAT. Access to all content on Eurosport Player.

Still for €20 it's better than the usual £40

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

Galego wrote: »
    Well they just doubled the price! :-(

They didn't double the price. You just paid half price first year. I also had message that next payment would be 44.5zl, but I knew they would charge 89zl. Still 89zl is a bargain. i watch it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

My account still says 44.50zl due on 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭Genghis

My account renews next April. I am on the 44.5 zloty plan.

I seen today an option to 'resume' your subscription. Curious, and hoping it might buy me another year at the price, I clicked it.

Nothing much seemed to happen after the click (ie no request to confirm payment); afew mins later I got an email thanking me for purchasing a Eurosport pass.

The detail in the email shows the pass I apparently bought today expires on my original expiry date (April 2020).

I must watch out for a payment on my card ... But has anyone any idea what 'Resume Subscription' means.

My account in the Eurosport App looks the same as before, one subscription and one transaction receipt (dated last March).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

Genghis wrote: »
    My account renews next April. I am on the 44.5 zloty plan.

I seen today an option to 'resume' your subscription. Curious, and hoping it might buy me another year at the price, I clicked it.

Nothing much seemed to happen after the click (ie no request to confirm payment); afew mins later I got an email thanking me for purchasing a Eurosport pass.

The detail in the email shows the pass I apparently bought today expires on my original expiry date (April 2020).

I must watch out for a payment on my card ... But has anyone any idea what 'Resume Subscription' means.

My account in the Eurosport App looks the same as before, one subscription and one transaction receipt (dated last March).

Did the same.

Next payment:
    44,50 zł / YEAR
    Next payment due:
    25-11-2019

Let's see what happens..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

Currently using Turkey server via vpn and its showing up as €12.49 for the year as a black Friday offer

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

My payment in zlt failed last night, I'm guessing they checked the card location?

Tried signing up via VPN to Romania for €12.49, but none of my cards (PTSB, Revolut, Curve) would be accepted, directly or through PayPal.

Ended up using a VPN to UK and signing up for £19.99/year with a Revolut card. I'm happy enough with that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

icom wrote: »
    Did the same.

Next payment:
    44,50 zł / YEAR
    Next payment due:
    25-11-2019

Let's see what happens..:)

So much for that !

Hi,

We attempted to process payment for the next term of your Eurosport Pass but your payment method was declined.

Your subscription has not renewed and you no longer have access to Eurosport Player.

To regain access to the Eursosport Player content you must subscribe to a new Eurosport Player Pass, using a valid payment method.

Must start looking for another deal...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

same-my payment was not accepted-i might get my girlfriend to do it when she is in poland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Checked mine and it went through - 89zl/21 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

What a disappointment... I bought it in order to watch the basketball euroleague (which is available on the uk/ie version) and unfortunately it is not included in the polish version
    Didnt know there are different versions of content :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

in2dark wrote: »
    What a disappointment... I bought it in order to watch the basketball euroleague (which is available on the uk/ie version) and unfortunately it is not included in the polish version
    Didnt know there are different versions of content :-(

Set home country to IE. I have polish subscription and can watch Euroleague feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

strmin wrote: »
    Set home country to IE. I have polish subscription and can watch Euroleague feeds.

how did u do it? Im trying with customer care and no luck so far...

• Advertisement

They aren't actually doing a new promotion this time are they?.

Advertisement