Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I went and got some better photos of it :)

520194.jpeg

Dubai World airport used them as a ramp vehicle.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at home in the home office/study/spare room, feeling much better today than yesterday evening when I was on a downer.

A few bits and pieces of work-related stuff to tie up for the weekend and then planning to do a bit of art later on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jupiter, good to hear..

Sat on couch doing not a feckin thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Coffeeside looking out at the rain and the wet grass that needs to be cut. :rolleyes:

Is anyone else getting anxious about the increase in numbers and the R rate, I don't want another lock down.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

smurfjed wrote: »
    I went and got some better photos of it :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=520194&d=1594983381

Dubai World airport used them as a ramp vehicle.

I wouldn't be gone on that kind of two tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Coffeeside looking out at the rain and the wet grass that needs to be cut. :rolleyes:

Is anyone else getting anxious about the increase in numbers and the R rate, I don't want another lock down.

I am not really feeling anxious about it but am enjoying the freedom that we have nowadays compared to back in April.

I think in the medium terms a few people will ruin it for the rest of us. Some people you see out and about just dont give a fck. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's very concerning Leggy I agree . The amount of people who seem to think ooh lockdown is over so everything is fine again , is frightening tbh .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Absolutely. I felt really relaxed about my covid test two weeks ago before surgery, because I knew I had been safe. Now I wear the mask all the time in company and being careful of where i go and who I agree to meet.

Hope it goes back under 1 soon again.

I think we will have to live with it, but I have no idea how they are going to re-open the schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

wildwillow wrote: »
    Absolutely. I felt really relaxed about my covid test two weeks ago before surgery, because I knew I had been safe. Now I wear the mask all the time in company and being careful of where i go and who I agree to meet.

Hope it goes back under 1 soon again.

I think we will have to live with it, but I have no idea how they are going to re-open the schools.

We need the schools open. The kids are seriously disadvantaged now after the chunk they missed but of course their safety and safety of staff is the most important.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Got the lawns cut and nipped out to buy a few cans of Guinness (well ya have to reward yerself like), so I parked beside the shop which is next to a row of townhouses. As I was getting out of the van I saw 2 cats having a fight in the window of one of the houses, the one who lost the scrap went sliding down the net curtains and tore them the whole way down from top to bottom, split them in half the whole way down. Someone is going to come home later to a bit of a mess :D

Having the aforementioned Guinness now and deciding if its Chinese or chippers with Netflix later. Could be worse. Then again...... It could be better, I could be going out for a pint later and chatting to people instead of sitting in the house and a cat assaulting a curtain being the highlight of my day. It's all about perspective :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Don't sweat it, you have a project to work on and you'll get there.

heading back to my folks shortly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Weirdly restless

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

In bed reading my book. I went to Sainsburys to get some bits but haven't done much else today. The bathroom needs to be cleaned but I'm ignoring it in the hopes it will clean itself :p

Thanks for your support everyone, I do take on board what ye say and I think about it so I appreciate it

Did ye ever have a day when it's up and down like a fecking yo-yo?
    Bad news good news , rinse and repeat , coffee and breathe and let it all go..

Let it go , let it go....... :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Did ye ever have a day when it's up and down like a fecking yo-yo?
    Bad news good news , rinse and repeat , coffee and breathe and let it all go..

Let it go , let it go....... :p

If you give me one more earworm, you will be opening a door you cannot close.

Bus side sweating like a rapist in a womens hostel. I am on my way to the pub though!!
    :D:D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If you give me one more earworm, you will be opening a door you cannot close.

Go on now go , walk out that door...

Name that tune :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Club football back tonight, getting ready for the minor game and then the adult team up tomorrow :)

Bus side sweating like a rapist in a womens hostel. I am on my way to the pub though!!
    :D:D

lucky git, enjoy yer evening out mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I still only mix in the general public for groceries.

I'm getting twitchy over the possibility of schools not returning.... The delays in leaving cert results does not fill me with confidence about the department of education's ability to get a job done.

From the very beginning I wanted more information about the background of positive test results... Obviously not "Mary from 101 fake Street" detail but if there are 10 confirmed cases did 8 of them come from a house party? Was there a superspreader etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Roadside in a few minutes with 🚲 and trailer.😄

The computer needs a new graphic card and there are sausages to get fried plus a beer or two at the other end. May be even a rum n coke.🍺😁

Go on now go , walk out that door...

Name that tune :pac:

Hold me back !!!

tenor.gif?itemid=13416230

I still only mix in the general public for groceries.

I'm getting twitchy over the possibility of schools not returning.... The delays in leaving cert results does not fill me with confidence about the department of education's ability to get a job done.

From the very beginning I wanted more information about the background of positive test results... Obviously not "Mary from 101 fake Street" detail but if there are 10 confirmed cases did 8 of them come from a house party? Was there a superspreader etc

I could be wrong and it's a very long time ago but I'm fairly sure that the last girl I ever asked out on a date lived in that estate! Susie I think, 103 fake street. Google maps wasn't around back in those days so I never found her after. She didn't have a phone either she said! She musta been texting someone off her friends phone that night.

I'd agree with ya about schools looking a little precarious at this stage, you'd ideally hope if things improve over the next month then they'll get the green light but it's probably back in the balance now.
    It would be a disaster for parents and kids alike and also the knock on effect to the economy as people cant go to work if they have nobody to mind their kids, plus the MASSIVE effect all this is doing on the mental health of the kids and parents alike.
    I think somehow they need to reopen and we learn to just live with this, if at all possible.

Hold me back !!!

tenor.gif?itemid=13416230

I get knocked down ...

Talking about the day in general this time Ted , not an intentional earworm ;)

Missus hungover, I'm out for food and pints. The set up in the local is extremely well done..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Enjoy Grem!

Beer and TV for me, the excitement! :pac:

Enjoy Grem!

Beer and TV for me, the excitement! :pac:

I would say start a sing song going but I think I annoyed Ted enough for one day !!

It wouldn't really be my fault if someone else started singing though. . :D

I would say start a sing song going but I think I annoyed Ted enough for one day !!

It wouldn't really be my fault if someone else started singing though. . :D

Where did you learn these shenanigan tricks?

Watching TV, wondering if I can make a cup of tea magically appear beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Where did you learn these shenanigan tricks?

Watching TV, wondering if I can make a cup of tea magically appear beside me.

I need one too and I've a nice Caramel bar too.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Okay....the sausages were cancelled!

Oldest daughter of my friend decided that Flammkuchen would be more yummy. No probs, love it as well. Aaand the first rum n coke is on the table. 😉

One piece is left...as poor Sephers is always hungry...*slides plate over*. 😂

The special edition with extra garlic and smelly Munster cheese.😋👍

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement