Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

rubadub wrote: »
    nice one, will go for 2x miguel with my lidl voucher, and 2x5 packs of donuts to hit the €50, 2 days food & drink.

valid from 30/8/2015 until 8/9/2015

the trays are usually €26 min these days. Says its 4.5%, think some san miguel was weaker.

I got two slabs of the Molson on Saturday night But I paid €32 each:( Still though, with the lidl voucher €54 is not too bad for two trays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Wihoo, looks like the Government won't be able to get minimum alcohol pricing in (the Scots have failed in a bid). Cheap supermarket beer continues (for now)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Except for Tesco who have sweet fa offers !,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

Right Lads Electric Picnic tomorrow, what's the cheapest place to get a slap of heineken ?Thanks folks !

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭crustybread

Cheap 660ML bottles of Kronenbourg 1664 in Tesco Sandymount. 1.63 a bottle. down from 3.29. Snared a few earlier. Good few left on shelf. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Alicja_T

Tesco Galway: I got Finn lager 4x330ml for 3,5e, 4x330ml Colgans wheat beer 4e, Marstons lager and wheat 1,5 per 500ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Strolled in to tesco tonight at 9-50 tonight. Spotted bottles of Pilsner Urquell 500ml half price €1.32 down from €2.64.I tell nice tesco lady I be loadin this here wagon and I ain't leaving till ya start sweepin up. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I was in Tesco earlier and they had a load of fairly decent deals. Galway Hooker Stout €1.50, 6 pack of Sam Adams €5.75, 4 pack if Hoegarden €3.75, their Revisionist beers €1.50 each, and a few others too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Synode wrote: »
    Wihoo, looks like the Government won't be able to get minimum alcohol pricing in (the Scots have failed in a bid). Cheap supermarket beer continues (for now)

Great to hear, beer is priced fairly high to be honest. 5€ a pint and the best deals on 4 cans start at 5€. Compare this to Spain, its nearly double. Same for wine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

TallGlass wrote: »
    Great to hear, beer is priced fairly high to be honest. 5€ a pint and the best deals on 4 cans start at 5€. Compare this to Spain, its nearly double. Same for wine.

The pub - offo difference is down to publicans ripping people off. Our duty is high, but our pub prices are down to publicans. And they wouldn't have been affected by minimum pricing anyway, due to being so high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Bought two boxes of Perlenbacher XXL in Lidl yesterday, they had a crapload of it left so anyone stocking up in the morning for EP should check that out if they're passing a Lidl!

Also, I'm not 100% sure about this but the Perlenbacher bottles within are the old-style brown ones, so presumably they taste the same as the old stuff (it's been too long since I've had any of the old ones to remember)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bought two boxes of Perlenbacher XXL in Lidl yesterday, they had a crapload of it left so anyone stocking up in the morning for EP should check that out if they're passing a Lidl!

Also, I'm not 100% sure about this but the Perlenbacher bottles within are the old-style brown ones, so presumably they taste the same as the old stuff (it's been too long since I've had any of the old ones to remember)

No glass bottles at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

I had one last night ... yes, they're in the brown bottles and taste much better than the green bottled, French brewed version. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sb213

Well this is fantastic! Kudos to you!

Why have i only discovered this site today?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sb213

Oh i just saw the date on this..... Im a newb haha

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

12 bottles of Santa Cruz (mexican beer) for €10 in Dunnes.

Never tried it before

santacruzboxandbottle-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

12 bottles of Santa Cruz (mexican beer) for €10 in Dunnes.

Never tried it before

santacruzboxandbottle-1.jpg

Made by the same crowd that produces Dutch Gold and Druids.

Having said that, it isn't that bad. Would buy a box or two for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

martyos121 wrote: »
    Made by the same crowd that produces Dutch Gold and Druids.
    Comans are just distributors, not brewers. They are meant to be going to be bought be heineken, so you might see there brands going into pubs

http://www.newstalk.com/Heineken-Ireland-is-believed-to-be-in-takeover-talks-with-a-major-Irish-drinks-company

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I was in Tesco earlier and they had a load of fairly decent deals. Galway Hooker Stout €1.50, 6 pack of Sam Adams €5.75, 4 pack if Hoegarden €3.75, their Revisionist beers €1.50 each, and a few others too.

Woh there...back that up a sec ! :) What Tesco was this in ? Hoegaarden showing as normal €7.95 online with the Revisionist Beers down to €2 each online. That Hoegaarden price is even lower than anything I've ever seen in Lidl. Must be a local deal only. Were they short dated?

L1011 wrote: »
    No glass bottles at EP

Bollocks, forgot about that. Ah well.

• Advertisement

RayCon wrote: »
    I had one last night ... yes, they're in the brown bottles and taste much better than the green bottled, French brewed version. :cool:

This is strange to me, does it mean that they still make the original ones and just choose not to sell them in Ireland, or does it mean that all of these XXL deals are taken from storage and were brewed ages ago, before they stopped making it?

Bollocks, forgot about that. Ah well.

Think of it as more for those of us who *aren't* going.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭arch20000

In tesco clondalkin, Estralle damme 6 pack only 4.50. Reduced from 9 yoyos and its gourgous !!

L1011 wrote: »
    Think of it as more for those of us who *aren't* going.

I'm not heading myself this year, so I'm going to use this deal as an excuse to get a bit of exercise wandering up to the Monkstown Lidls from Sandycove. Reckon I can probably carry two crates of XXL under each arm, and as icing on the cake, that's surely enough of a workout to justify skipping the gym in favour of sipping some of the aforementioned bottles. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

I can probably carry two crates of XXL under each arm

:eek: 16 bottles under each arm !! ... from Monkstown to Sandycove.

RayCon wrote: »
    :eek: 16 bottles under each arm !! ... from Monkstown to Sandycove.

Well I'll obvious stack the crates in bags, but to be honest (I think because I don't have the strongest grip) I actually find it easier to carry them by sticking the whole bag under my arm and cupping my palm under it. One in each hand = 16 lovely bottles of XXL for just €14.58 :cool:

Just about to head up now, of course the irony I'm fully expecting is that I'll make the half hour trek up to Deansgrange and discover that they've sold out since I was there on Wed :p If that's the case, I'll report back here with whatever special offer has replaced them - just so people know, Lidl seem to be doing a rolling "do one cheap drink promotion and immediately start a new one when it sells out" at the moment, because last week they had Argus Strong for €1.50 / 500ml, and the Perlenbacher deal seemed to appear about two days after they sold out of the Argus. So presumably once this sells out, there'll be something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I'm not heading myself this year, so I'm going to use this deal as an excuse to get a bit of exercise wandering up to the Monkstown Lidls from Sandycove. Reckon I can probably carry two crates of XXL under each arm, and as icing on the cake, that's surely enough of a workout to justify skipping the gym in favour of sipping some of the aforementioned bottles. :cool:

you need to get one of those cloth trolleys on wheels that our mothers used years ago that would do the job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Kop Idol wrote: »
    Woh there...back that up a sec ! :) What Tesco was this in ? Hoegaarden showing as normal €7.95 online with the Revisionist Beers down to €2 each online. That Hoegaarden price is even lower than anything I've ever seen in Lidl. Must be a local deal only. Were they short dated?

Yeah Tesco Clondalkin. Not shirt dated.....I made sure to check! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,871 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yeah Tesco Clondalkin.

Worst dump of a supermarket I've ever been in, the only redeeming feature is the drink offers, but it's often crazily overpriced on certain drinks too for no apparent reason.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

Did it, but sadly I only managed three packs ;)

Still a gigantic amount of XXL left in the Pottery Road Lidl. Asked one of the staff there what the story was with them, he says they basically make gigantic pallets of them a couple of times a year and send them out to the Lidls, so how long they last depends on how many pallets that particular Lidl gets. Interestingly, he also seemed to think that the new Perlenbacher in the green bottles (6/€7.29, still not a bad deal really) is the same beer, just in different packaging - that seems to go against what people here have been saying about it?

In other news, O'Briens in Dun Laoghaire is doing a deal on Corona Extra, can't remember 100% but I think it was 20 bottles for €25 which works out at €1.25 a bottle - not the best deal but given that a six pack of Corona can be up to €12.99 in some stores and offies it's not too bad if that's your beer. Also I could stand corrected on this but iirc, Corona is one of the only beers which didn't dilute in order to combat excise rises, so is potentially still 4.7%?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement