Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Archaeological Laws / Guidlelines

• 11-03-2008 12:26am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currently researching for a project about ethics and the NRA/M3/Toll Road and Tara Valley. Most people will know my stance on this (my sig just gives me away so easily) but I am not here to campaign or debate (so please dont knock the thread off course by starting such things).

I need to get academic references for the laws by which Irish Archaeologists are supposed to follow, but I have no idea where to start. Google was no help. I hope to be able to say in the project "X archaeological artifact was found and according to Y law (cited) they should have done Z, so this raises ethical question ABC".

I have over a month to do this and I really want to be quite thorough so anything you can offer that might help would be great.

Thanks,
    Jessica

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hi Jes,

off the top of my head I would say that the National Monuments Act is very important to your question. Also contact the National Museum and see what info material they have on laws. I am pretty sure they are up to date with that kind of info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

http://acts.oireachtas.ie/index.html has allthe relevant acts and amendments you will need.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Thanks guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I did an essay on the changes to the National Monuments Act. You can have it if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Saabdub

The Irish Heritage & Environment Directory 1999 compliled by Mary Deevy(Wordwell) has an excellent chapter on legislation (p. 1-12) written by Sean Kirwan which summarises everything up to 99. Then there's just the 2004 amendment to read up on:D

Saabdub

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Careful now, we wouldn't want to defame anyone, now, would we?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

In response to your [deleted] post, Jesjes: yes it is and the subject is aware of the forum. It's a silly thing to say on the Internet. I don't know if you appreciate that or not, but it is the case irrespective.

I'm sorry if this annoys you in some way. There's really nothing I can say beyond that.

Advertisement