Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ballybunion Rescue gets a new boat!!!

Options
  • 24-06-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all.....hope its ok to post this here.

Attached is a video of Ballybunion Sea & Cliff Rescue Service who have just purchased a brand new purpose built Atlantic 75 at a cost of + €150,000. They are a declared resource and on 24 hour pager alert and are one of the busiest rescue services in the country. All members are totally voluntary and all money to fund the service is raised by public donations. We are a member of Community Rescue Boats Ireland (CRBI).

Follow us on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000076805090

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Good news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Some time in the 1950's my father rescued a swimmer in difficulties at Ballybunion. When he got the casualty to shore a group of people came to offer help , one of the helpers was an off-duty nurse.......and that's how my Mother and Father came to meet.
    A tad off-topic I know but a nice story all the same...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Best of luck with the new rig Ballyb!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

coolmoose wrote: »
    Best of luck with the new rig Ballyb!

+1 Looks real good.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Poor cameraman found it hard to keep up with her speed :D and the dramatic music was a nice touch :pac: Best of luck with it lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Best of luck with it lads, no doubt Omar will be putting it through her paces :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballyb Rescue

delancey42 wrote: »
    Some time in the 1950's my father rescued a swimmer in difficulties at Ballybunion. When he got the casualty to shore a group of people came to offer help , one of the helpers was an off-duty nurse.......and that's how my Mother and Father came to meet.
    A tad off-topic I know but a nice story all the same...:)

Thats an interesting one, havint heard that before!!!! Nice one:)
    Best of luck with it lads, no doubt Omar will be putting it through her paces :P

Who do you think is at the helm of the D class launching and on the helm of the A75 as it comes towards the camera and goes from right to left across the screen!!!!:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Who do you think is at the helm of the D class launching and on the helm of the A75 as it comes towards the camera and goes from right to left across the screen!!!!:pac::D

:pac:

Advertisement