Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The try harder if ye want to keep a second joke thread thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

I can tell when people are being judgmental just by looking at them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A mummy covered in chocolate and nuts has been discovered in Egypt...

Archaeologists believe it may be the famous 'Pharaoh Roche'

How much does Cockney Shampoo cost?

"Pan'tene"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Irish Gummint: Binge-drinking is bad, mmm'kay?

Irish Gummint: You have 105 minutes. Gentlemen, start your engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oscar1978

Medical advisors are asking people to be wary of a new craze sweeping through where people put alcohol in women's privates and drink it with a straw. They said to avoid "minge drinking"

• Advertisement

404 sleep not found!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Just back from a ladyboy Bee Gees tribute act. The She He's. They were good but not as good as my favourite Bee Gees cover band the Bees Knees.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

My local Chinese takeaway has updated their menu. Anything 'Hong Kong Style' now comes battered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Was down at Tesco’s just now grabbing some crisps and a sandwich and the girl behind the counter asked if I wanted to go grab a drink? I told her I couldn’t as I had a girlfriend and she was like “no, it’s part of the meal deal”...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

A woman is in court today for tippexing all the fullstops in books in her local library.

She's expecting a long sentence..

• Advertisement

A bloke walks into the library, goes up to the counter and asks the librarian:

"I'm looking for a book on underage dwarf sex. Have you any in?"

"How can you stoop so low!!! ?" the librarian responds.

"That's the one" he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

What is the difference between a cheap hotel and wearing biker shorts?
    No ballroom.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Are those not commonalities, not differences :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I just joined the tourettes society. I get sworn in tomorrow.

BREAKING: Cadbury's have just delivered a giant chocolate bar to The Bank of England...

It's a massive Boost for the economy!

If anyone knows how to get rid off ear wax please give me a shout!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Top Tip , if you get a peanut stuck in your ear ?

Pour in some hot chocolate and it'll come out a treat.

I had an earful of custard earlier. I was a trifle deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I named my ipod, the Titanic.

...it's currently syncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Heard a good joke about mosquitos earlier.

It was malarious.

• Advertisement

Chapman once became immersed in the study of dialectical materialism, particularly insofar as economic and social planning could be demonstrated to condition eugenics, birth-rates and anthropology. His wrangles with Keats lasted far into the night. He was particularly obsessed by the fact that in the animal kingdom, where there was no self-evident plan of ordered Society and where connubial relations were casual and polygamous, the breed prospered and disease remained of modest dimensions. Where there was any attempt at the imposition from without - and he instanced the scientific breeding of race-horses by humans - the breed prospered even more remarkably. He was not slow to point out that philosophers of the school of Marx and Engels had ignored the apparent necessity for ordered breeding on the part of humans as a concomitant to planning in the social and economic spheres. Was this, he once asked Keats, to be taken as evidence of superior reproductive selection on the part of, say, horses - or was it to be taken that a man of the stamp of Engels deliberately shirked an issue too imponderable for rationative evaluation?

The poet found this sort of thing boring, and frowned.
    'Foals rush in where Engels feared to tread,' he said morosely.

- Flann O'Brien

Keats once purchased a small Irish terrier, which he humorously named Byrne. The animal became a great favourite with the household, so you can imagine the consternation that greeted it's disappearance. Chapman and the servants searched high and low for the beast to no avail.

Keats, however, appeared unconcerned by the dog's disappearance and continued much as before, much to Chapman's annoyance. Chapman looked in on Keats one evening in the study. Keats had picked up the violin , a fair timber of the Stradivarian feciture, and was soon at work with chin and jaw. This annoyed Chapman, and he didn't hesitate to tell him so.

'And why' murmured Keats, ' should I not fiddle while Byrne roams?

- Flann O'Brien

Thanks to our mutual dislike of newspaper puzzles, my wife and I have enjoyed a long and happy marriage.

Thirty years and not a crossword.

What size wood was used to build the Ark?

2 by 2.

The two prison guards tasked with keeping a close eye on Mrs. Maxwell have been given a special dispensation allowing them to bring their Labradors to work.

My friend was telling me that he failed his exam in Aboriginal music.
    I asked , "Didja redo it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

My wife messed up my jigsaw so I called the police.

They've charged her with disturbing the pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Just a quick lesson on staying safe in the water at the beach this summer. It's possible while in the water to get tangled up in seaweed. Should this happen to you it's important to know the correct distress call....

"Kelp! Kelp! Keeeeeeeelp!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I don't know why Trump and everyone else is so miffed that coronavirus spiralled out of control? What do you expect with Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend in charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    I don't know why Trump and everyone else is so miffed that coronavirus spiralled out of control? What do you expect with Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend in charge?

Won't get fooled again when you're talking about My Generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Frank Sinatra was very fussy about the birds he kept in his aviary.
    Pelicans or penguins weren't allowed.
    Egrets? He had a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Yesterday I saw an ad that said,
    "Radio for sale, bargain at €5, volume stuck on full."

I thought, I can't turn that down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Sheridan81 wrote: »

:confused:

Advertisement