Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Does anywhere in Ireland do those 5L beer kegs anymore? I know the Heineken ones weren't that popular and they more or less flopped but are there any others around anywhere?

https://loughgillbrewery.com

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BullBauld

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Thanks for that,, will keep an eye out, the elusive " cheap tray of Guinness in Lidl " , everyone seems to find them in store ,except me:D, ive searched high and low everytime its mentioned on special, some day, just some day I will secure one and it will be sweetest can I've ever drank.

Got Guinness for €20 a few weeks back in Lidl.
    Currently €32!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭amber2

Does anywhere in Ireland do those 5L beer kegs anymore? I know the Heineken ones weren't that popular and they more or less flopped but are there any others around anywhere?

https://www.blacksbrewery.com/store/c15/Mini_Kegs_5_Litre.html

https://www.blacksbrewery.com/store/p74/KPA_30_Litre_keg_-_Collection_only_.html

Blacks Kinsale outa stock until the 27th though.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tonyfillony

amber2 wrote: »
    https://www.blacksbrewery.com/store/c15/Mini_Kegs_5_Litre.html

Blacks Kinsale outa stock until the 27th though.

Received my Rocket Ship IPA this morning , only a day to deliver , cooling now in the fridge .
    Whitehag also do them : https://www.thewhitehag.com/beer/mini-keg/

Never tried these mini kegs but if its anyway good will order Whitehag next , savage stuff altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

It’s big up north and in Kerry bizarrely enough.

Is it?
    I'm from Tralee & I've never heard of anyone drinkin it!
    Never seen much of it in Killarney either!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Is it?
    I remember it being common enough in rural North Kerry pubs but I haven't seen it on draught in yonks, outside of Norn Iron.

Quackster wrote: »
    I remember it being common enough in rural North Kerry pubs but I haven't seen it on draught in yonks, outside of Norn Iron.

Jeez I've not seen it anywhere in a long time - Cronins seems to have taken off in Kerry alright but most drinkers follow country wide trends, from my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Not really a bargain but the cheapest I've seen in Ireland since the Supervalu debacle, Whelehans Wines have Whispering Angel for 25 per bottle.

Other off licences are charging 30-35.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bassy

What's the story with Carling sold out or not in most supermarkets etc

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

And bottles of coors light.. nearly impossible to get a box of 20 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Is it?

Its in a few pubs in Dingle and Temple bar so apart from the north you could say its just in touristy spots and the odd old school pub. Has a terrible name historically but i love it.

They do promote it but only up north. Its in practically all irish pubs in America so i imagine Ireland is a fraction of its sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Is it?
    I’ve seen it plenty of places in Tralee, I had a pint of it recently in Tralee. Awful stuff.

I’ve seen it plenty of places in Tralee, I had a pint of it recently in Tralee. Awful stuff.

What dives are you frequenting??😘
    Maybe I just haven’t been taking notice as I don’t drink it

• Registered Users Posts: 36 idontlikemyname

Received my Rocket Ship IPA this morning , only a day to deliver , cooling now in the fridge .
    Whitehag also do them : https://www.thewhitehag.com/beer/mini-keg/

Never tried these mini kegs but if its anyway good will order Whitehag next , savage stuff altogether

McHughs off licence in Dublin had white hag mini kegs in stock yday, didn't see a price on them though

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Dunnes now doing their Spirits offer of 25e per litre on Powers/Gordons/Smirnoff and Captain Morgan. Works well with the everlasting voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭sceach16

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    Dunnes now doing their Spirits offer of 25e per litre on Powers/Gordons/Smirnoff and Captain Morgan. Works well with the everlasting voucher.

Did you notice any slab deals there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

gerrykiddy wrote: »

Whats the everlasting voucher??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

sasta le wrote: »

10 off 50, and when you spend the 50 you get another voucher for the same again, I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,085 ✭✭✭✭elperello

sasta le wrote: »

Spend €50 you get a voucher for €10 off your next spend of €50.
    When you spend the next €50 you get another voucher and so it goes on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

elperello wrote: »
    Spend €50 you get a voucher for €10 off your next spend of €50.
    When you spend the next €50 you get another voucher and so it goes on and on.

Problem is you have to shop in Dunnes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,085 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Well that's sort of the deal all right :).

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

Lidl has the Mythos Greek beer back in offer, 2euro for 2 33cl bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Dunnes have the 650ml Heineken 5% same as Tesco 4 for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭snowgal

Have to say, was in Dunnes, Tesco and Supervalu over the past 2 days and the offers on booze is really shocking. esp wine for me, always get bottles on offer but none of the usuals in the past while. I know theyre making hay while the sun shines etc but it is bad for this time of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

snowgal wrote: »
    Have to say, was in Dunnes, Tesco and Supervalu over the past 2 days and the offers on booze is really shocking. esp wine for me, always get bottles on offer but none of the usuals in the past while. I know theyre making hay while the sun shines etc but it is bad for this time of the year!

As someone who does a yearly booze cruise to France which wasn't possible this year, I'm leaning heavily on kooliburra reserve Shiraz from aldi. At €4.99 a pop and 14% volume, it ain't half bad. Good reviews on vivino also

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dunnes is expensive as so many are using those vouchers that they have to be.

Tescos 8 for €10 500ml can offers end on the 24th, might be some new ones then.

At the moment 8 for tenner
    rockshore lager
    coors light
    carlsberg
    bulmers light
    bud regular
    hop house 13
    rockshore cider
    orchard thieves
    guinness (though shows as out of stock for me)

so tray of 24 for €30

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

rubadub wrote: »
    Dunnes is expensive as so many are using those vouchers that they have to be.
    Dunnes is selectively expensive. The vast majority of what I buy there is no more expensive than the other supermarkets even before the value of the coupon is taken off so I make a genuine saving.

Couldn't do all my shopping there though so I'll alternate between Dunnes and Lidl/Aldi. The current extension of validity of Dunnes vouchers to 21 days helps a lot in that regard.

Agree on the current lack of wine offers. Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

IQO wrote: »
    Lidl has the Mythos Greek beer back in offer, 2euro for 2 33cl bottles.

It's decent enough but should be cheaper than 3 euro a litre, really.

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭blindsider

As someone who does a yearly booze cruise to France which wasn't possible this year, I'm leaning heavily on kooliburra reserve Shiraz from aldi. At €4.99 a pop and 14% volume, it ain't half bad. Good reviews on vivino also

Shhh! Don't tell everyone! :-)

For a fiver you can't go wrong. It's no world-bearer, but ut certainly does me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Guinness 6 for €10 in Lidl, not great I know but.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement