Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 clutch noise

• 08-05-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Have a 06 407 1.6 hdi and recently
    , particulary when letting up the clutch it gives what best could be described as a loud groan - anyone ever come across this or have any idea whats up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

Clutch release bearing running dry?

Does it only happen when you're just about to re-engage drive and then goes away when you've taken your foot off the clutch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Row

Does it only happen when starting off on a hill....??
    If so this is pretty common as the clutch seems to slip on the dmf.

If you getting a grating noise when you put your foot on the clutch then
    it sounds like the release bearing is on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ecospace

It happens mainly on hills in 1st and 2nd, dont get the grating sound just the groan so far when releasing the clutch . Is the release bearing a big / expensive job to replace if it happens to be that?

ecospace wrote: »
    It happens mainly on hills in 1st and 2nd, dont get the grating sound just the groan so far when releasing the clutch . Is the release bearing a big / expensive job to replace if it happens to be that?

The release bearing is not so expensive but the labour in fitting it can be as the box has to come out.
    If it was a case you had to replace the release bearing your better off fitting
    a new clutch/dmf while you have it stripped.

The groaning noise is pretty common on hill starts on the 1.6 hdi's...Can't see it causing much problems.
    I have the same groaning sound on my 407 for the last few years..It seems to get worse when my wife is in the car....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ecospace

I have the same groaning sound on my 407 for the last few years..It seems to get worse when my wife is in the car....:D[/QUOTE]

funny you mention that ! thanks for the reply need to replace the dreaded abs sensors ..... again :(
    .... so will leave the clutch alone for the time being . Think its time for to trade in, love the car but very unreliable

• Advertisement

The 407's have there problems alright...i have replaced 3xabs sensors on my own...just one original one left and its in the back where the fuel tank needs to be dropped to fit....:(
    They don't make'em like they used too.....

Advertisement