Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lost on Howth Summit this morning. A medium-sized black and white terrier/collie cross. She may be trying to make her way home in Killester as she has done this quite a few times. Never from so far away though.

She’ll be very nervous, bless her. No tag but is chipped.

Here’s a pic but she’s been groomed recently so less hairy.

827983-D4-EB96-41-A0-92-E4-4-C25-A1-A0758-A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Anyone missing a parrot? Lovely big one near my house. Yellow chest. Magpie sized. South dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Teddie is missing in the Ticknock area. Please share to get him home safely as soon as possible. Contact 018791858 - Teddie is a rescue from Dogs Trust, this is their duty phone number ***He is a nervous boy and may be scared of strangers so please call number immediately if you see him***

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Beekay wrote: »
    Teddie is missing in the Ticknock area. Please share to get him home safely as soon as possible. Contact 018791858 - Teddie is a rescue from Dogs Trust, this is their duty phone number ***He is a nervous boy and may be scared of strangers so please call number immediately if you see him***

Can you describe him, please? It might help people recognise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

New Home wrote: »
    Can you describe him, please? It might help people recognise him.

Google says it was found

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 koolka

Please help us find Molly. Molly went missing and likely taken on the evening of 17th July from Cappawhite, Co Tipperary. She is a 9 year old Springer, microchipped and neutered.

Molly is a very quiet dog and was a rescue dog re-homed with us. She will be very distressed to be away from her home and is nervous of strangers. She is small for a springer. If anyone sees her on Donedeal, anywhere around the country or has any info at all that may be helpful, please reply to me or send me a private message. I'd really appreciate it, thanks

attachment.php?attachmentid=520359&d=1595098360

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭janmaree

For what it's worth, my heart goes out to you and I hope and pray that she will be returned to you. I know well how it feels to have a beloved pet go missing and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It enrages me that she could have been taken, I know it seems to be happening at the moment to many people but the ensuing heartache and pain that people like you must endure so that some soulless scoundrel can enrich themselves without a care in the world just makes me despair. To borrow a phrase, I truly hope that there is a special place in hell for them all. Keeping good thoughts for you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Male springer spaniel found by gardaí in Limerick:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0723/1155045-stolen-dogs/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 koolka

koolka wrote: »
    Please help us find Molly. Molly went missing and likely taken on the evening of 17th July from Cappawhite, Co Tipperary. She is a 9 year old Springer, microchipped and neutered.

Molly is a very quiet dog and was a rescue dog re-homed with us. She will be very distressed to be away from her home and is nervous of strangers. She is small for a springer. If anyone sees her on Donedeal, anywhere around the country or has any info at all that may be helpful, please reply to me or send me a private message. I'd really appreciate it, thanks

[IMG][/img]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=520359&d=1595098360

We know for sure now Molly was stolen and is most likely somewhere in the UK. I will register her microchip number in the UK and flag her as stolen. It seems if dog is scanned its common for people to say they bought the dog abroad and forgot to change registration on the microchip and they get away with it like that, no questions asked.

Anyone else who may have been in this situation have any more advice on things we can do besides this and spreading it online?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Potis 2020

Our cat Pixel has been missing since the weekend (8th/9th August 2020)from the Glasnevin Avenue area. She is pure black with some white hairs in her ears. She is dainty in size and slim. She also has a scar/cut at the tip of her right ear. She is micro-chipped and very nervous of strangers.

I have posted on a number of local residents groups on Facebook but no joy yet. It is very unlike her to be gone for this long as she's normally a real 'home-bird'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Missing Found Cat - Tullamore area

Our cat Bandit has been missing since Friday. He occasionally goes out for a full day, but it's been 5 days now. Short stubby tail, black and white cat.

cbOLc2D.jpg

Update
    And he's back. Found him this morning about 200m from home, chilling out in a neighbours yard. Delighted and unbelievably relieved he's home now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My friend missing cat in Navan:

hxJHKIdl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 social.lite

Hi,

(Kilcloon area (Co.Meath))

My family's beloved dog is gone missing. We suspect she was stolen, because she was tied up and there's no likely way she got off the lead somehow.

She's ~9 years old, half king charles, half bichon frise, looks mostly like a bichon.

Photo attached:
    https://imgur.com/7eKrmnH

She responds to Roxy.

Please keep an eye out

Any suggestions or advice on how to get her back welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Found border collie around Ardagh church/community center Ballina ,co mayo
    Dog running around there for a couple of days so we took it in
    Colors are brown , black, White
    Sent a private message if you miss one with a discription and or a picture of him

• Registered Users Posts: 22 babliss2009

Hi all,

dog found in Limerick city, greyhound (could have some boxer in him?).

He seems to be 3-6 months, very friendly.

no collar, will take him to vet to check for chip tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GeralyMerrily

🙏 MISSING - PLEASE HELP! 🙏

Our much loved indoor boy cat BOBTY is missing from Carrigmore area, CITYWEST

Male, Neutered, 6 years old. ........LONG but SLIM Cat

He is a long but slim cat, mostly indoor,

TUXEDO with a half white face on his RIGHT side (please see attached picture) 

He has a microchip but the details are out of date.

If anyone has seen him can you let us know please.

Geraldine

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Please, please contact the microchip database and

1) ask them to update your details, and

2) ask them to flag your pet as missing on their system.

It'll just take a phone call and/or email to explain your situation, and could make the difference in getting Bobty home 😔

Thank you so much DBB, I got Bobty microchipped 5 years ago, but the phone number is obsolete from May this year :( he's a house cat so I never thought of it, was very recent I changed my number, kicking myself now (of course)

It's not at all too late. The problem is that if Bobty is found, and scanned, and the phone number associated with the chip is unsuccessfully called, well... there's only so many attempts that'll be made.

If you call and email the database (I'm assuming it's either Fido or Animark?) first thing tomorrow, they'll be able to make necessary amendments straight away so that a finder gets the correct details back when they enter Bobty's chip number into the database.

Thank you DBB I Will email both now. Thanks a million 😘

• Advertisement

Ok they want a chip number - which I don't have, I will have to contact the vets I got him chipped with to find this. thanks so much for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

living in dundrum, a cat has been hanging around the last 2 days. defo not a stray, way too friendly. but very underweight, and walks with a 'wobble'. possibly is carrying an injury

anyone have any advise on what to do here? the cat is asleep in the same room as above pic.

he is very underweight and really struggles with walking. he kind of wobbles along, and falls over.

Are you in a position to bring him to a vet for an assessment and/or a microchip scan?

yeah, will be doing that tomorrow. have to get a cat carrier thing which i ordered from argos earlier and then taxi down at some stage tomorrow. need to call them in the morning to organise a free slot.

will keep ye posted

Fair play to you, you're going to a lot more trouble than a lot of people would in the same situation 😊 Actions like yours restore my faith in humanity 🙃

so a sad update on this. during the night, the little fella got worse. i called a 24hr emergency vet who sadly had to put her (as it turns out) to sleep.

RIP mr. cat

Aw no, that's so sad 😔

Did the vet know what was wrong with her?

You gave the poor ole thing a comfortable last few days, then helped her when she needed help the most. Well done, sorry it's a sad ending 😢

emaciated and another word i cant remember.

just 1 last follow up here. the vet is after calling me and confirmed bobbi was microchipped. he gave me the name, address and phone number of the owner for me to inform them. would that be standard practice?

Post edited by y0ssar1an22 on

• Advertisement

right, last update.

i spoke with bobbi's owner. bobbi moved into a neighbours house a few years back. the new owners went on holidays (for a few months!!) and organised the old owner to leave out food daily, which she did but bobbi never turned up for the food.

the estate is probably about 200m from where i am so very close.

not sure what the new owners were thinking, this cat was clearly very domesticated and friendly, and was more than likely an indoor cat suddenly locked out of her home.

a sad and avoidable death. at least i gave her some semblance of comfort in her last days.

Advertisement