Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unusual September chill possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Su Campu wrote: »
    It's been a bit dull here without you

Are the rest of us not interesting enough for you Su Campu? t2331.gif

:pac::pac::pac:

Seriously, top post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Hey frostyJoe i dont think the mods will look to kindly on the dual account. Why not ask mods nicely and im sure they'll let owenc back on for the winter. Just remember it's not a competition and you'll be fine. Actually there is a forecasting competition as well but i dont think you ever entered. You should give it a go.

I agree, sending weathercheck or trogdor a pm is probably a better idea than the new account . . .they do read the forum!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Too late looks like he's been kicked out.Anyway back to the weather,just where is this so called september chill.

redsunset wrote: »
    Too late looks like he's been kicked out.Anyway back to the weather,just where is this so called september chill.

Maybe he just hasn't logged on . . .

His posts have been removed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

His posts have been removed

He removed them himself when he realised the consequences of opening a duplicate account. Poor kid - I for one will miss his weather rants:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Fionagus wrote: »
    He removed them himself when he realised the consequences of opening a duplicate account. Poor kid - I for one will miss his weather rants:(

That is all he is, a kid. :( I am beginning to feel responsible for actually saying 'welcome back Owenc'. Should have kept quite. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

That is all he is, a kid. :( I am beginning to feel responsible for actually saying 'welcome back Owenc'. Should have kept quite. :(:(

Well, it's not as though it wasn't obvious to everyone.

We all did notice it!! The posting style and location gave it away . ..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I'm going to miss him challenging others when their analysis doesn't chime with what he wants. His presence will be missed :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The coming week looks on the mild side of typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Maybe we should change the title to Unusual Mild September :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Maybe we should change the title to Unusual Mild September :o

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Im starting a "Free the Coleraine one.....or is it two?" campaign on facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

snaps wrote: »

or is it 2 lmao :D

snaps wrote: »

I'd say you'll get a frosty reception.

This thread looks dead and buried.
    Forgive me but is this not a Weather Forum
    More like the Owen sympathiser column.

This thread looks dead and buried.
    Forgive me but is this not a Weather Forum
    More like the Owen sympathiser column.

Owen was so last winter, it's now frosty Joe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Mods do what they have to do and it's not right or fair on either owen or mods to discuss their business here.

Move on peeps. Or in the words of someone else 'Pfff....who do you people in the south not move on...:(:mad: it is annoying that this thread doesnt discuss the whole british isles and why it israining when my thermometreogative says it should be snowing and it's snowing in the town next to me but i can onlys ee stupid rain :mad::mad:"

Ahem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

What in Gods name are you all talking about ?

• Advertisement

Ben Nevis in Scotland, 3 days ago. Nothing "unusual" about it but isn't it a sight that most of us like to see anyway? :D

BEN+NEVIS+17+SEPT+2010+012.jpg

I wonder did they hold any patches all summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Chance of an air frost Friday night...

Danno wrote: »
    Chance of an air frost Friday night...
    But Friday will be mostly dry and bright with moderate northeast breezes. A cool day with highs of just 12 to 15 C. Cold overnight with some fog and grass frost.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Big change in the 12Z GFS after 100 hours....

06Z :

jj1l5y.png

12Z :

15q2l5j.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭arctictree

Big change in the 12Z GFS after 100 hours....

Lets see what the 18z brings.....(here we go again!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    into next weekend and start of the following week, some of the models have some cold air sinking south directly from the artic. some very cold uppers of -5 to -10 but this is a long way out at this stage.

won't be as cold as it suggested on models last Saturday. Friday night will bring ground frost. It gets somewhat milder from Sunday to Wednesday before cooler nights return.

The weather has been forming a patter in recent weeks with occasional cooler intervals with northely and easterly winds. Situations like what we are seeing currently would bode well for some snow events this winter if repeated i.e. colder air meeting atlantic fronts. I would prefer that than a prolonged severe cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Ben Nevis in Scotland, 3 days ago. Nothing "unusual" about it but isn't it a sight that most of us like to see anyway? :D

That mountain always has some snow on it.... i was there in the summer 2008 and ther was some on it then!

Heres a webcam of the area, not much to look at at the moment , but one to remember ! :)

http://visit-fortwilliam.co.uk/the-ben-nevis-webcam-fort-william-scotland

Saturday night: A dry night with clear spells and light winds. Becoming cold with air temperatures zero to 7 degrees leading to a slight to sharp ground frost and some fog patches.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

cold-weather-emoticon.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it seems there is a september chill- just not here

http://82.147.32.214/WebCamera4/Default.aspx

Advertisement