Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prohibition by Stealth

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,841 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Soooooo. is the opening of the pubs on the 21st the next phase of the prohibition?

Yes, in a cunning plan they are going to open them but wreck them with restrictions... people who had been looking at shut pubs like a kid at a toy shop window on December 8th will flock back to the pubs only to find them ruined.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

hows this working out

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

hows this working out

Looking at the contents of trolleys coming out of the supermarkets not very well, if anything it has increased sales.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The dail voted unanimously in favour of minimum alcohol unit pricing.
    Including Michael mcNamara. How was that not prohibition by stealth Michael?

That was never enforced though? I can still get a can in Aldi for 89c.

And what's the deal with the Cowboy Saloon type swing doors installed in the Offy parts of the Supermarkets? Must've been a Govt order cos they've all done it.

That was never enforced though? I can still get a can in Aldi for 89c.

And what's the deal with the Cowboy Saloon type swing doors installed in the Offy parts of the Supermarkets? Must've been a Govt order cos they've all done it.

Meat section next....sinners corner. You can scan your QR code for entry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Raichu

To (i believe) hide the drink or something. The idea as I understand is it now keeps alcohol in an enclosed part of the shop, think aldi, at one time you could go through the pet food & cleaner sections and wander into the off licence part of the store, now, you can’t. Also they’re locked outside trading hours (I think)
    Meat section next....sinners corner. You can scan your QR code for entry

Grow up.

New rules will be introduced today on the sale of alcohol in supermarkets, which will see products cordoned off.

The new law, introduced under Section 22 of the Public Health Alcohol Act, 2018, will see mixed sale shops being forced to create a barrier or enclosure so alcohol is kept away from the rest of the store.

The legislation is aimed at reducing the attractiveness of alcohol to children and young people.

Alcohol Action Ireland said "these in-store separation measures provide a new opportunity to end the normalisation of alcohol throughout society; alcohol is not an ordinary product and should never be seen as such. "

I see ladies. I think that's fair enough.

I see ladies. I think that's fair enough.

Who’s a lady? Certainly not I.

Ah I thought you were with the wee picture and Rachael! Apologies my good man!

• Advertisement

Raichu wrote: »
    Who’s a lady? Certainly not I.

The wannabe lady here is V8. He is trying to pretend otherwise. V8 is the name he uses on sex chatroom sites and is the name of some big mechanical implement he bought online. All sounds ruff as, to be honest, but if it is what makes her happy, who are we to judge

The wannabe lady here is V8. He is trying to pretend otherwise. V8 is the name he uses on sex chatroom sites and is the name of some big mechanical implement he bought online. All sounds ruff as, to be honest, but if it is what makes her happy, who are we to judge

bit rude bro

I'm beginning to have my doubts about Crypto's femininity now also...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm beginning to have my doubts about Crypto's femininity now also...

Mod - Drop it the pair of ye.

Advertisement