Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Sadly it's a long time since amazon's big sale days were interesting and nothing new on that by the look of it. Be prepared for hundreds of deals for 50% off USB cables and tatty jewellery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sadly it's a long time since amazon's big sale days were interesting and nothing new on that by the look of it. Be prepared for hundreds of deals for 50% off USB cables and tatty jewellery.

Some of the lighting sales can be alight but lets give them the benefit of the doubt and allow it to start before slating them.
    Plenty of options if you look at last years thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The preview deals are hilarious :pac:

Overpriced wired headphones seem to be the order of the day! WTF like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

They seem to sell a lot of cheap rip off products on these sales in the last few years, it's pretty disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Use https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com to verify the deals.

On Black Friday, I noticed some products will have come online 6 months ago, at €600 and stayed at that price only to be "slashed" by 95% to be the same as every other shop. I did, however, get a few nice bargains. Once you know what the prices are like elsewhere, you can get a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

Just look for annual cheap prime membership if you buy or use amazon often

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Selling 2st gen echo shows for 79 down from 179

The new show is launching in July for 79.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭cullenswood

colcatscar wrote: »
    Just look for annual cheap prime membership if you buy or use amazon often
    Where do you get one of these?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Where do you get one of these?

they are on sale just after the prime days sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

ted1 wrote: »
    Selling 2st gen echo shows for 79 down from 179

The new show is launching in July for 79.

They are not the same thing. The echo show 2nd generation is a far bigger screen and speaker. Saying that I would prefer the echo show 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Will there be a prime membership deal for current prime members?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Pique wrote: »

Are you referring to the link at the top of the page for £6 credit if you buy a £50 amazon voucher? They've done better before. Plus I'm not eligible - as per usual with these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Are you referring to the link at the top of the page for £6 credit if you buy a £50 amazon voucher? They've done better before. Plus I'm not eligible - as per usual with these.

I suspect he just likes the A team. Plus it's a signed copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Firestick is down to 20gbp, id say the 4k version will be reduced tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

billbond4 wrote: »
    Firestick is down to 20gbp, id say the 4k version will be reduced tomorrow

Neither works hands free, not as seemless as GH/chromecast for voice control.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Neither works hands free, not as seemless as GH/chromecast for voice control.
    It's just as well it didn't work hands free. Many people have an Alexa in the room and the fire TV stick which will be obviously off when the TV is.
    Hence the need to press the button for voice

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Usual 20% off selected Warehouse items from midnight

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

It's just as well it didn't work hands free. Many people have an Alexa in the room and the fire TV stick which will be obviously off when the TV is.
    Hence the need to press the button for voice

You can tell ur gh to turn on and off tv and to play stuff on youtube/Netflix etc. Does way with need for remote control. Only thing fire stick is good for as for sideloading 3rd party streaming platforms ( allegedly ).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

slave1 wrote: »
    Usual 20% off selected Warehouse items from midnight

"Amazon Prime members get a 20% discount off of all products from Amazon Warehouse"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

In the middle of traveling from abroad. Can anyone recommend a router on sale that can fully utilize full gigabit throughput? My old asus r66u is stalling at 400mbit from the modem out due to cpu limitation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

£22.00 for an echo dot ain't bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

In the middle of traveling from abroad. Can anyone recommend a router on sale that can fully utilize full gigabit throughput? My old asus r66u is stalling at 400mbit from the modem out due to cpu limitation

This isn't on sale but it's a bargain. I'm a huge fan of Mikrotik, this one will keep you entertained for weeks. It's an enterprise router with features on par with a Cisco costing thousands. There's a bit of a leaving curve, but it's worth it as there is nothing they can't do

Mikrotik RouterBoard hAP ac https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BMMK4HI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QF7kDb6X985JQ

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NiceSwan

"We updated this item to the best offer currently available at Amazon. The price increased by £217.92

We updated this item to the best offer currently available at Amazon. The price increased by £92.40.

We updated this item to the best offer currently available at Amazon. The price increased by £80.32

We updated this item to the best offer currently available at Amazon. The price increased by £49.84.

We updated this item to the best offer currently available at Amazon. The price increased by £72.34. "

What a load of bollix. 4k monitors i was watching in warehouse deals. 20% off but we'll bump up the price 30% first!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sennheiser HD 599 open-back headphones are down to £89.99. An excellent price, the cheapest I’ve ever seen them.

It’s a great deal for anyone in the market for a good pair of cans, but keep in mind they’re open-back so they’re not suitable for travel as they leak sound by design.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Links! We needs LINKS!

Galaxy S9, going fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Anyone one else having issues with the discounts not being applied when they click on a Prime offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Akula

chasm wrote: »
    Anyone one else having issues with the discounts not being applied when they click on a Prime offer?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Had this last time, logging out and back in may help (or might’ve been a coincidence :pac: )
    Akula wrote: »
    Yep

That's Ok then, at least it's not just me! Logging out didn't help unfortunately.

Advertisement