Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mi home Robot vacum reduced in price on alixpress €254 ships

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Considering getting this sent to parcel motel, would it fit in their boxes?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's still 189 on amazon France if you don't want to take the chance: https://www.amazon.fr/eufy-RoboVac-30C-application-d%C3%A9limitantes/dp/B07DBZXZBW/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=2KT5V8X26C219&keywords=eufy+30c&qid=1554805866&s=gateway&sprefix=eufy%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-3

Will work out much the same as co.uk after exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭highdef

Mickeroo wrote: »

Are the demarcation strips physical things that you put on the floor or are they virtual, like the lighthouses you can get with other brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭Barr

Postage is free , no need to go to the expense of parcel motel ?

Barr wrote: »
    Postage is free , no need to go to the expense of parcel motel ?

Yeah sorry but we have problems with post in our estate so I just trust Parcel Motel a lot more than An Post!

I ordered one there from Amazon France anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

highdef wrote: »
    Are the demarcation strips physical things that you put on the floor or are they virtual, like the lighthouses you can get with other brands?

They are magnet strips with optional sticky squares to adhere them. We put them under a mat by the front door the robot had problems with and now it ignores the mat.

They are magnet strips with optional sticky squares to adhere them. We put them under a mat by the front door the robot had problems with and now it ignores the mat.

That's a bit ****. The lighthouses that create the virtual walls are so much better and can be relocated so much easier. magnet strips are so un-userfriendly.

Easy now, it's actually no big deal. I put them down and haven't had to think about them since. They work. I'm coming from an Aldi robot so the fact this has any option to avoid an area is frosting.

I think you might want a model up that has laser modeling and an app for creating on-the-fly exclusion zones. I imagine it will cost you around an extra €100 to get that feature if it's important to you.

Easy now, it's actually no big deal. I put them down and haven't had to think about them since. They work. I'm coming from an Aldi robot so the fact this has any option to avoid an area is frosting.

I think you might want a model up that has laser modeling and an app for creating on-the-fly exclusion zones. I imagine it will cost you around an extra €100 to get that feature if it's important to you.

But are the strips visible and/or are they raised in relation to the surrounding floor? The vacuum I have now (from Lidl) has one of the lighthouse things which can obviously be moved around as much as you want without any hassle. I don't fancy the idea of having to lay strips on the floor. I could be getting confused and the strips may be invisible and flush with the floor, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

They would be quite visible if you weren't hiding them. They have a one or two mm depth. I don't use them so not 100% sure.
    I'd imagine most people would use them under a plush carpet or rug to stop the robovac getting stuck in which case, you wouldn't notice them. I assume you have a special case where you would need to use them in the open. If so, there might be better solutions for you. I'm sure any of the robot vacuums which map out the rooms would allow you to create an exclusion zone on an app.

• Advertisement

What's this like with general obstacles? Like say I have my kids toys on the ground in the sitting room and that, does it push them aside? Basically if it meets resistance that's not a wall what does it do?

Just wondering HOW clear your floors have to be, considering I have two kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

What's this like with general obstacles? Like say I have my kids toys on the ground in the sitting room and that, does it push them aside? Basically if it meets resistance that's not a wall what does it do?

Just wondering HOW clear your floors have to be, considering I have two kids!

What model are you referring to? If Roborock, same here with 2 kids , it will nudge up against things and if light will push them around, if heavy or they don't move too much , it will move on. Invariablly I end up prepping for use and using it as hoc instead of routine. I have visions of chaos if I don't move this things

MAJJ wrote: »
    What model are you referring to? If Roborock, same here with 2 kids , it will nudge up against things and if light will push them around, if heavy or they don't move too much , it will move on. Invariablly I end up prepping for use and using it as hoc instead of routine. I have visions of chaos if I don't move this things

Cheers I'm talking about the eufy 30c specifically, but probably the same as the above?

The 30c will push stuff around for sure. It's more powerful than my last one and pushes around a small side table. It's a bit of a given with these devices, in general, you do have to robot-proof the place to some extent: space the kitchen chairs apart so it can work between them, pick up loose bits off the ground, tie up dangling cables and such. Many robots have these rotating brushes and if they coil around a loose thread or phone cable will pull it and get stuck. Even when you think you've done it, the robot will find a few more things to get stuck on. But once that's figured out it works very reliably and is a great tool.

Anyone confirm if the Eufy 30c works with Google home , when I try it just says this device is not available for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

Anyone confirm if the Eufy 30c works with Google home , when I try it just says this device is not available for Ireland.

Definitely works with Google home but the setup wasn't straightforward from what I remember. I was getting errors for the first few days but can't remember if I fixed it or if it fixed itself.

Anyone else have an issue where the spinning yokes get caught under the rug sometimes and come off very easily?

mbarosin wrote: »
    Definitely works with Google home but the setup wasn't straightforward from what I remember. I was getting errors for the first few days but can't remember if I fixed it or if it fixed itself.

Yeah I'm following the instructions, but every time I say "talk to robovac"

Google Home says

" Sorry robovac isn't available on devices set up for your languages or country"

Not sure why its not working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Anyone else have an issue where the spinning yokes get caught under the rug sometimes and come off very easily?

No, mine is coping ok with the couple of mats I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

If you have the Eufy make sure the little brushes are pushed on properly I had this problem and realised they had to be clipped in more firmly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭randombar

Yeah I'm following the instructions, but every time I say "talk to robovac"

Google Home says

" Sorry robovac isn't available on devices set up for your languages or country"

Not sure why its not working :(

Change your region on the google home to UK, I did that somehow and worked ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

I bought one of these and then cancelled. Then bought another one and cancelled. After reading and watching reviews I think I will wait for the smart robot vacs that don't just randomly go around the room. They are a bit more expensive but should come down in price eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

AdrianII wrote: »
    I bought one of these and then cancelled. Then bought another one and cancelled. After reading and watching reviews I think I will wait for the smart robot vacs that don't just randomly go around the room. They are a bit more expensive but should come down in price eventually.

Xiaowa E20 has mapping and mopping and comes in at around 200 quid on Aliexpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ush1 wrote: »
    Xiaowa E20 has mapping and mopping and comes in at around 200 quid on Aliexpress.

How does this compare to the Eufy/S50? Anybody have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭Tefral

AdrianII wrote: »

I got the Eufy30c. It does randomly go around, but in my 2400sq downstairs of my house it gets everything. I even set up "traps" for it to see if it would get them. Before it drove back to base they were hoovered up.

Granted there are probably more efficient ways but i got mine for €204 incl delivery so i cant complain.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tefral wrote: »
    I got the Eufy30c. It does randomly go around, but in my 2400sq downstairs of my house it gets everything. I even set up "traps" for it to see if it would get them. Before it drove back to base they were hoovered up.

Granted there are probably more efficient ways but i got mine for €204 incl delivery so i cant complain.

I find if I tell him to edge first then after doing a full "lap" of the ground floor I switch him to auto he won't miss anything. Had mine 2 or three weeks now and the differences it's made to the house is unbelievable.

You just can't convince everyone, especially those on the fence who still think of a robot vacuum as a superfluous luxury item. For anyone looking for their first robot at Lidl/Aldi prices (€200) I think you'll be impressed with the Eufy 30C. It's a great piece of kit and amazing how far they've come in the last 4 years since my first Aldi robot. If it's features aren't enough for you either pony up another hundred quid or wait 4 more years when today's advanced features become commonplace.

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Change your region on the google home to UK, I did that somehow and worked ok then.

Thanks , I emailed euffy before I saw your reply and they advised this is a very common issue.

Settings should be set to UK for anyone else trying to figure it out.

It was still a bit of a faff and had to use a Ipad in the end as my phone (android) app wasn't working correctly with it.

Overall apart from that ,it is brilliant , does a great job.

We have a large rug with tassels and the instructions said they have to be tucked underneath . Luckily the euffy manages fine as they are .

Floor is spotless . 200e well spend. Misses is happy the main thing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Those of you with the RoboVac 30C, how long is yours cleaning off a full charge?

I have mine about 3 weeks and I'm getting about 50 minutes on Auto on hard floors which is well short of the 100 minutes indicated on their site.

• Advertisement

I'm getting close to 100 mins but felt it was overkill. Started using the 30 mins mode now and it is fine.

Advertisement