Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Benzodiazepine would help my anxiety

• 18-09-2020 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Currently on 50mg sertraline (zoloft) once a day but anxiety levels through the roof.

I was on 0.5 alprazopam (xanax) and 5 mg diazpam (valium) before and they didn't quite work.

I know I shouldn't self medicate but my uncle is prescribed 2mg klonopin (clonazpam) he gave me 2 or 3 to try out and was amazed by them.

I'd like to hear opinions on this 🙏👍

PS iv tried all natural remedies, CBT CBD etc you name it 🙄

Comments

Benzos are dangerous man..I attend NA meetings with a load of benzo addicts.. don't do it.. take up running or something..

Did you try ashwagandga?..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

CQD wrote: »
    Benzos are dangerous man..I attend NA meetings with a load of benzo addicts.. don't do it.. take up running or something..

I 100% know that, I wouldn't abuse or overtake just when needed. I remember just having a xanax in my wallet just kept my mind at ease knowing it was there. I was on them for 3-4 years weaned off no probs. I do running swimming exercise u name it. Its just at night time my brain races and need something to slow it down that bit 🙄

Whatever you think.. they're probably the reason you have anxiety now..

Sorry only seen the ashwaganda now I will. Deffo give it a try

Whatever you think.. they're probably the reason you have anxiety now..

Probably yeah, but unfortunately not everyone suffers with anxiety and depression, and medication is the only fix personally in my 11 years coping with it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

OP taking other people's medication (with or without their blessing)is a terrible idea, please discuss with your gp, seek a second opinion if you wish, closing thread

Grem

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement