Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A chair to help maintain good posture?

Options
  • 25-08-2020 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi I've spinal curvature, of late a good deal of upper back pain as well as general weakness in my arms and shoulders . I'm doing my best regarding exercises to help but I'm also wondering about a chair that might help. There is some armchairs with the mobility shops but they start at E900.

Does anyone know of anything cheaper or what to look out for in a chair?

Also has anyone any experience of 'vests' which are supposed to help with back pain?.

Advice appreciated
    Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sussex18 wrote: »
    Hi I've spinal curvature, of late a good deal of upper back pain as well as general weakness in my arms and shoulders . I'm doing my best regarding exercises to help but I'm also wondering about a chair that might help. There is some armchairs with the mobility shops but they start at E900.

Does anyone know of anything cheaper or what to look out for in a chair?

Also has anyone any experience of 'vests' which are supposed to help with back pain?.

Advice appreciated
    Thanks
    S

Have a look at office chairs? Best I ever had was one of those . From Viking . Makes sense as office folk work long hours sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭flipflophead22

olvias wrote: »
    Btw I have found many affordable recliners on Amazon recently and I checked reviews about power lift recliners. They look so comfortable. I just ordered Mcombo electric power lift recliner for sale. Can't wait to receive my purchase.

How is it do you like it and what did you pay? What do ya make of this one?

https://www.harveynorman.ie/sofas/chairs-and-footstools/swivel-chairs/lisbon-recliner--electric.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭lucalux

I'm using an gym/exercise ball as a seat at times as I find it helps me to engage core muscles and stay more upright in my posture. The only thing is it tires me out quickly, using muscles that are weaker so that's something to consider. Maybe changing between standing and sitting would work for you too, but the exercise ball has been recommended to me a good few times by physios, and I do find it easier on the back than a standard dining chair or similar

They're cheap as chips, you can get them for less than 15 or 20euro, so might be something worth trying, maybe in combination with a good office chair?

Advertisement