Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

Happy Birthday Kat and Bonzo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Happy Birthday to both Saggitarius!

Happy Birthday to both Saggitarius!

Saggitarii? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Happiest of Birthdays !!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My cat got the all clear from the vets!

Also, I'm just off mat leave and was expecting a huge tax deduction because I didn't know maternity benefit is taxable income. (Duh). Called Revenue to find out and spoke to a lovely member of staff who checked and said actually my credits were reduced to take account of it, so not only do I not owe anything, they owe me a few bob because the credits did not revert to normal status when they should have. Yay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

When I saw that DPD told Amazon my Christmas tree was delivered here on December 1st!
    I called Customer Service again. Very courteous ladies from overseas. They checked our previous encounter and are processing a refund.

Happy that is sorted.

Happy also that my UK Christmas bonus is in my account; only the standard £10 but I can make that go a long way.

Happiest of all listening to the dire weather that I need not emerge from the dwelling today! Well just once to check the snow scene..

Stay happy and warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Being back at mass this morning after the lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 18,219 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Little kids logic, and Santa worries.

Four year old going to his Granny and Grandad's. He looks for the Chimney. None to be found.
    He is told it is not a place that has a chimney.

Then is concerned that Santa will not visit due to lack of chimney.

So he asks "When it is older will it grow a chimney?"

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

OH brought me two bunches of flowers when he dropped round to fix a maintenance problem. Completely out of the blue. He knows I've been very down lately and did ot to show how much he cares for and supports me. He didn't say that, but that's what the flowers mean. So much more significant than flowers on Valentine's.

I got my copy of the RTE Christmas guide today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

Recording a GAA Championship match and not listening to the radio and then having a creamy guinness and watching it that night not knowing the score. Works with rugby too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Revenue owing me €1.5k and refund processed today. Only benefit of my marriage to date :D

PS
    Joking when/if you read this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Revenue owing me €1.5k and refund processed today. Only benefit of my marriage to date :D

PS
    Joking when/if you read this

Don't worry..Stevie loves ye.

To thine own self be true

I got super comfy slippers in M and S. I had other ones but they fell apart, these are smaller in size and like gloves for my feet with a good sole so I can go outside in them (not to the shops or anything!). I actually sound like my mother talking about them. I tried to attach a pic on my phone but it wouldn't accept it. They're Vegan as well so kind to animals though I eat meat but hey.

Edit, went the long way about it:

wohqcjQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

I got super comfy slippers in M and S. I had other ones but they fell apart, these are smaller in size and like gloves for my feet with a good sole so I can go outside in them (not to the shops or anything!). I actually sound like my mother talking about them. I tried to attach a pic on my phone but it wouldn't accept it. They're Vegan as well so kind to animals though I eat meat but hey.
    ]

It's slipper season.

My just happened TH is that my dad said to me a couple of days ago that all he wants for Christmas is a comfy pair of slippers with good soles, and I thought where the hell will I get anything other than chain store generic slippers, never thought of marks and Spencer. Now I don't need to waste time staring at slippers in Dunnes.

Archeron wrote: »
    It's slipper season.

My just happened TH is that my dad said to me a couple of days ago that all he wants for Christmas is a comfy pair of slippers with good soles, and I thought where the hell will I get anything other than chain store generic slippers, never thought of marks and Spencer. Now I don't need to waste time staring at slippers in Dunnes.

The ones in Dunnes are crap, I bought a pair and they fell part very fast. In fact any pair of shoes I got there weren't great. M and S are more expensive but worth it. I got mine during the sale though months ago but only starting wearing them this week. Hope you find him a nice pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Im getting a second freezer tomorrow :D will make my life so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lovely morning in my area

IMG-20201210-100805.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I was in the car listening to Feliz Navidad and a listener rang in to say his lad was singing along Release Mam and Dad !! It made me chuckle all the way home and now I cant unhear it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Just been told about carepack.ie where you can send gifts to lonely people in nursing homes in the country.

So lovely!!! Getting mine off this afternoon !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

blade1 wrote: »
    Lovely morning in my area

IMG-20201210-100805.jpg
    Must be nice to wake up and see that in the morning :)

Must be nicer in the summer with no flood :p

And having no visible neighbours behind house is surely a massive bonus :D #noimjealousemoji :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I discovered you can buy scented bin bags. Where was this all my life??

I currently have bin bags scented with lavender and they are the same price as normal bin bags

Smells gorgeous and is my TH

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mikemac2 wrote: »

I currently have bin bags scented with lavender and they are the same price as normal bin bags

Wait until you find out about Bin Buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was up over 6 hours when I took that.
    Nice spot alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Next two days off from work! I am sure wine will be involved to help me cope,lol.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

mikemac2 wrote: »

Until you get the scent of rubbish and fake lavender mingled... the lemon ones aren't any better...

Going to see Pixie at the cinema tomorrow evening

All the boxes of chocolates and biscuits daddy bought for the staff in mam's nursing home :)
    I have to keep my greedy little eyes off them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Clever track sequencing on Now albums.

Now 13
    Transvision Vamp - I Want Your Love
    Duran Duran - I Don't Want Your Love
    Human League - Love Is All That Matters
    all in a row

Now 14
    Erasure - Stop!
    Bananarama / Lananeeneenoonoo - Help