Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A takeaway latte, and you get a little chocolate with it. Sitting in the car for a few minutes, sipping the coffee and watching the world go by.

I got an extra free chocolate in Butlers!!!! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just discovered I did too! Yay!

I enjoy this kind of weather - dull, windy, rainy. I find it so relaxing. I always put my window on vent so I can hear it. Another thing I find (albeit bizarre) comfort in, is; being up early in the morning - with weather like this, get a roasting hot cup of coffee and just stand at my back door with the door open. Sometimes I even enjoy walking home in it. I could've got a lift home from work last night but I opted to walk. I dunno it just feels nice.

Call me weird.

I don't enjoy bright, sunny, warm days. The only time I prefer it is if I want to cycle my bike to work. I won't cycle in rain.

TH that it eases the auld feelings of agoraphobia..

I like that weather too (until I get rich and can afford a car :) ). Good walking weather, like getting from a to b, unless it's proper pelting down and blowing a gale.

Reasons being twofold:

1 Highly unlikely someone wants to stop to shoot the breeze.
    2 Those folks going by in cars; who are relatively hidden, are going to have their view somewhat obscured by the rain, condensation and wipers etc; so a feller feels less "on view" while he's strolling along..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Just discovered I did too! Yay!
    The idiot who gave you two the extra chocolate has been dismissed.
    Now I want you both to return my property post haste or I will initiate legal proceedings.
    Yours sincerley Hans Futlers, CEO Butlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The idiot who gave you two the extra chocolate has been dismissed.
    Now I want you both to return my property post haste or I will initiate legal proceedings.
    Yours sincerley Hans Futlers, CEO Butlers.

lol.. I miss Butlers. I used to treat myself when I visited my friends at the Trad Farms at Muckross so it had lovely connotations.

My happy is that I managed to order some badly needed bedding linens online. I miss charity shops desperately. And hate online shopping just as desperately.. although getting 20 pairs of socks accidentally on ebay for the grand sum o under E15 including postage was one of my better moments! ( thought I was getting 10..)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Banshee Bones.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

We are in lockdown and it's coming up to Halloween so we are expected to stuff ourselves with treats Yay :) I bought two giant bars of galaxy for OH and I got a mixed bag with miniature fudge bars, curly wurly, freddo etc. And nacho chips with two dips - cheese and salsa, a bottle of curiosity cola... and a litre of gin :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Good on ye, Antares, great excuse for me to stock up on Tangfastics.

My TH, out walking the dog, my next door neighbour pulls up. Only stopped to give treats to the dog, not to talk to me!

New Home wrote: »

An Post are amazing/

All of us who are cocooned etc have been given free Ireland postage since the first lockdown so we can stay in touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Doctors coming back to BBC 1 on Monday week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The way the wee lassie makes up 'jokes' and laughs uncontrollably at them . Which means I have also. Strange girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

cj maxx wrote: »
    The way the wee lassie makes up 'jokes' and laughs uncontrollably at them . Which means I have also. Strange girl :)

Enjoy it while you can. I remember that being my lad's little speciality and he loved when we laughed back (even though you'd be wtf?!).
    Now, I'm met with radio silence and a closed bedroom door :D

To thine own self be true

branie2 wrote: »
    Are you sure you didn't mean to post this in TA thread? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

branie2 wrote: »

Can’t wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Being a Dub.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

And on the subject of innocence , playing guns with wee fella and he ‘shoots’ me in my privates .
    I say “ no more brothers or sisters for you”
    Why ? He says? Ah the puzzlement on his face .:)
    He has a couple of years yet to ‘the talk’ !

Enjoy it while you can. I remember that being my lad's little speciality and he loved when we laughed back (even though you'd be wtf?!).
    Now, I'm met with radio silence and a closed bedroom door :D

And on the subject of innocence , playing guns with wee fella and he ‘shoots’ me in my privates .
    I say “ no more brothers or sisters for you”
    Why ? He says? Ah the puzzlement on his face .:)
    He has a couple of years yet to ‘the talk’ !

When you realise that you have made a cuppa and forgot it. Probably stone cold by now :(

But saints be praised! when you try it it is the perfect temperature :)

When you realise that you have made a cuppa and forgot it. Probably stone cold by now :(

But saints be praised! when you try it it is the perfect temperature :)

I love when that happens :)

TH that my days off coincide with the bank holiday weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I love when that happens :)

TH that my days off coincide with the bank holiday weekend :D

wait, what, Its a bank holiday weekend in ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My eldest son buying my 3 youngest sons a pizza tonight.

They where delighted.

The cat who is asleep under my knees in the bed. …sheer warm bliss

That in this gale I need go nowhere this whole weekend.. not that I could as probably too wild for the ferries. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

We made it a whole half term in school! It was very strange and lots of horrible/strange changes but it was so good to be back with my little ones. Lets hope the schools stay open now!!! However, as much as I love them, I'm glad of the break because I am exhausted and very fed up of sanitising toys, books, tables, shelves and myself every 2 minutes of the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My 'Allo' Allo boxset arrived, can't wait to dive in. You really can't beat the old comedies where there was no such thing as the PC brigade and everyone was a target for a bit of light humour :)

wait, what, Its a bank holiday weekend in ireland??

It was news to me yesterday :o i had just finished a 60+ hour week so I'm very happy to have 3 relaxing days with himself.

TH having my second hot beverage of the day, and it's just a lovely cup of happiness and warmth. I'm all cozy in my chair watching the passing showers.

My 'Allo' Allo boxset arrived, can't wait to dive in. You really can't beat the old comedies where there was no such thing as the PC brigade and everyone was a target for a bit of light humour :)
    Good Mowning. :D

Happy that the fire /stove agreed to light on the third attempt. It does this when the wind is in this direction every time and this wind is a gale and\ bitterly cold.. Toast, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Good Mowning. :D

:D

tumblr_mio5y9W92F1qjmyrmo1_250.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm going to get the stove going, put up the feet and watch the rugby. Looking across at the neighbour's chimney, I think they're doing the same. Odd thing is, I keep thinking it's February.

Advertisement