Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Canoe

• 15-06-2019 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Perhaps a bit of an unusual q but wondering if anyone knows of anywhere with canoes for rent /a place that will allow someone (paying) to sit in a large Canadian open type canoe for 10/15 mins in the water? Like an adventure centre or something.

Group of us heading to Canada this summer and want to take part in an organised canoe day tour. One of the group though (will be a non paddling member on the tour) isn't sure if they would be too nervous in a canoe to go on the tour and we can't leave them behind for the whole day alone. I was hoping that I might be able to find somewhere in the Dublin region or surrounding areas with a canoe that this person can sit in and get a feel of if it is for them or not before we book. I have told them it's very similar to a row boat but they're not convinced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

There are some kayaking/canoeing clubs near dublin/wicklow and kildare. They do a lot of training/introductory days on the canals where its easy for beginners.

I would have a look around those areas and get in touch with the clubs.

A canadian style canoe is very easy for a novice to enjoy, by doubling up. The whole getting in and out can be the nervy bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Where are you based?

south of the country(Kilkenny),

You could try one of the guided day trips with https://gowiththeflow.ie/barrow-discovery-spills-thrills/ they are getting great reviews on the Barrow

Further north (Leitrim),

You could try http://www.adventuregentlyireland.com/packages/

I would highly recommend Graham and his wife they're super chilled and they have decent boats, the one above aren't the finest boats and they do some weir shoots which may put a nervous beginner off.

Advertisement