Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Katie Price
    Paris Hilton
    Mariah Carey
    Rhianna
    Kardashian clan & their other halfs
    Twink
    Taylor Swift
    Des Bishop
    Tommy Tiernan
    Justin Bieber

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

How come I've never heard of most of these? Who the fluck is Taragh Laughrey-Grant and Vogue Williams?

+100000 for Goredun Heyduuun. But thats not inexplicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Samaris wrote: »
    James Corden - I don't know why, although my first exposure being Into the Woods, a film I cordially loathe, probably didn't help. Adam Sandler, Brendan O'Carroll and most of the guys that look a bit like Adam Sandler, especially if they're in similar movies (it's probably the movies I dislike really). Don't mind the guy with the nose and the blonde hair - uhm...it was rumoured he was dead a few years ago. Famous guy. Really quite large nose. He'd fall into the category of "looks like Adam Sandler", but bearing in mind that I don't do faces well. Ugh, his name is on the tip of my tongue.

And Jack Black.

Okay, mostly I don't like comedians I find annoying.

Edit: Owen Wilson! Sheesh.

I've never ever forgiven him since that monstrosity You, me and Dupree. :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Eddie Redmayne. Want to punch him in the mouth.

Oh totally agree. His mouth is extremely odd...It's like some alien parasite has attached to his face and has a life of his it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Enda Kenny. The man puts on such a sincere voice when he realises people will approve what he's saying... like his comments about Trump and marriage equality. He gets to act like he's the 1st person who said it.

Yet the same man would wet himself if he'd to go on live TV.

Absolutely nothing about him is sincere. A bumbling buffoon of a leader

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/pieta-house-founder-surprised-enda-kenny-had-the-neck-to-take-part-in-darkness-into-light-788960.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Rory McIlroy and Brian O'Driscoll. Both seem completely sound,alwasy appear classy in public and both are great at what they do and yet I really don't like either of them and the only reason I think I have is because I get the sneaky suspicion they are both massive phonies and are actually too nice to be real and it's all orchestrated to help their image but there is no evidence to back this up so I can't really properly explain why I don't like either of them.

I think my dislike might stem from me feeling that there is something more endearing about people who are flawed and actually can be assholes a lot of time rather than the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

That smug faced Canadian Prime Minister with the Star Wars socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Recently it's Amy Schumer. Supposedly a comedian who steals jokes and passes them off as her own but also an actress that seems to turn up in every movie I'm dragged to. A sweaty looking heifer that's always yapping on about sex and her battered fanny but any self respecting man would need a gallon of bleach in him before allowing her to mount him. Talentless piece of American nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Panti Bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Anyone wearing a mayo gaa Jersey

Fixed that for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Mickey Harte (gaa fella) for his character references to some dubious characters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭C Montgomery Gurns II

myshirt wrote: »
    Ruth Coppinger

Inexplicable? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Has Paschal Donohoe had an honourable mention yet?

His voice to me is like nails on a chalkboard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

His voice to me is like nails on a chalkboard

A friend worked with him once or twice while my friend was studying for his degree in college.

Genuine nice guy-had no bad stories about him at all.
    Burial. wrote: »
    Recently it's Amy Schumer. Supposedly a comedian who steals jokes and passes them off as her own but also an actress that seems to turn up in every movie I'm dragged to. A sweaty looking heifer that's always yapping on about sex and her battered fanny but any self respecting man would need a gallon of bleach in him before allowing her to mount him. Talentless piece of American nonsense.

She's the most miserable sow-tbh, like seriously. I love me some women comics like Kathleen Madigan, or Natalie Tran. People who are actually funny. But dear GOD, is Schumer horrible. And the worst of the worst is when she hides behind 'feminism' to hide her terrible comedy.
    (The big hullabaloo she made when she got the role of Barbie, and then the 'disappointment' she expressed when she had to quit--but most ppls believe she was fired from the movie. Sony messed up again). And her claiming to be 'strong'-no, no you're not. Strong people don't 'claim' to be anything like that.

The brief interest in her seems to be dying off, rapidly. Her show is on hiatus because it was attracting all kinds of negativity-stolen jokes and sketches, as well as one of her writers making some heinous comments regarding rape (he also steals, but she won't say anything against him because he writes a lot of her act). Comedians who cite themselves as feminists, but rational ones (Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, for eg) are less and less inclined to associate with her.

She triggers the worst in me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I think we need a 'people you really like for no particular reason' thread to balance this one out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Greg Rusedski. Seems like a nice chap and all that, but listening to him talk is absolutely unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Simon Coveney
    Eddie Hobbs
    Denis OBrien
    Michael OLearly
    Michael Lowry
    Paul Williams

The inexplicable part, is they haven't done anything to me - or had any real impact on me. Just when I see/hear them, my blood boils. They are all fairly unavoidable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

James Corden

That's probably because Corden is an insufferable ass clown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

My neighbour with her new Dacia Duster, her new plunge bra, her new beauty products.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Ah give Owen Wilson a break this week, at least, his dad died.

Oh, that sucks. Although if you reread my comment, I was saying that I don't mind him, I just couldn't remember the guy's name! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Demonique wrote: »
    That's probably because Corden is an insufferable ass clown

I didn't know hating James Corden was a thing. :(

I really like him, I want to be best friends with him.

I mentioned George Clooney earlier, but I also inexplicably dislike Willem Dafoe.

Maybe it's not so inexplicable as he seems to have the perfect villain physique, but why would that particular type of face make him look like a villain ?
    What physical traits are these, that make us dislike someone just because of their face :confused:

I think he's been in superhero type movies as a villain ? I don't watch these, so my dislike wouldn't be linked to that. Don't see him often in films are I'm not really the audience for these kind of films.

It's just gratuitous dislike from his face.

Patrick Dempsey.
    I've never really watched him in anything so I don't know what it is about him that annoys me, I just think he has a very punchable face for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Aidan o Brien the racehorse trainer.
    The Ireland AM presenters on TV3.
    Pat Falvey former Everest climber.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

Des Bishop.

I have absolutely nothing against the chap personally but I just cannot find him funny or engaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

Generally, shouty comedians whose master skill is using F words with no real comic effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

anna080 wrote: »
    Vogue Williams. I mean who on earth has ever uttered to themselves, "hmm, I wonder what Vogue Williams thinks about such and such.."
    WHY does she have career in tv!

Never even heard of her, which is probably a good thing judging by his thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Panti Bliss

Again, who the **** is this???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

fxotoole wrote: »
    Again, who the **** is this???

People who say "who?" when a name is mentioned in a thread, like they're obviously somewhat internet savvy to get it together to type "who" yet seem unaware of the idea of a search engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

People who say "who?" when a name is mentioned in a thread, like they're obviously somewhat internet savvy to get it together to type "who" yet seem unaware of the idea of a search engine.

A what???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Harry Kane the Tottenham Hotspur striker.

Don't know why I hate him, I don't support any of the Premier League teams so its not an anti-spurs thing, but I hate his stupid goal celebrations, I hate his stupid face, I hate his stupid hair and his stupid voice in the interviews afterward.

Can't really explain it because by Premier League standards he seems quite a decent lad.

Advertisement