Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Base price

tanko wrote: »
    What was Ballyhaise?
    Ballyhaise was 20.4
    https://www.met.ie/climate/daily-data.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Base price wrote: »

19mm here so not so bad,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Another fine evening..... Cork airport said 30 yday. A good drop falling now with sun/ mon not looking great either. Will prob house spring in calf heifers, use calves to graze the rest altho some covers a bit strong but autumn calves should manage it. If weather came right I could graze whole farm in Oct and shut up shop then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Base price

rangler1 wrote: »
    19mm here so not so bad,
    I drove to Portarlington yesterday afternoon and the rain didn't let up until the return journey home. I saw round bales of barley straw in greening tillage fields and they were sprouting :( Surely if the straw was baled dry the bales would dry out in a shed if they were stacked on their ends with free airflow. There maybe some waste on the outer ring but the rest should be good.
    BTW is there an Island in Walsh Island as I kept seeing road signs. It must be a fierce popular place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Grand morning here now. But rained a lot during the night

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Base price wrote: »
    BTW is there an Island in Walsh Island as I kept seeing road signs. It must be a fierce popular place.

An island of land surrounded by bog. The great Connor clan and Willy Bryan all played football for the Island. The only Offaly club ever to win 6 senior football titles in a row 1979-1983 including two Leinster club titles. There were none better than Matt Connor on the football field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

3pm today. Biblical stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

3pm today. Biblical stuff!!

What's that? Hailstones?

Is that the view from your bunker?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Floki wrote: »
    What's that? Hailstones?

Is that the view from your bunker?

Couldn't open the velux anymore or office would be destroyed. Mix of hail and extremely heavy drops of rain.

Couldn't open the velux anymore or office would be destroyed. Mix of hail and extremely heavy drops of rain.

I see they're saying on the weather forum that the hail was as big as marbles in some parts of Galway.

Wouldn't like to be driving on the motorway in that.

We were lucky here today with a good drying day.
    Expect to be grazing the reseed here on Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

I see they're saying on the weather forum that the hail was as big as marbles in some parts of Galway.

Some shower in Enniscorthy at 4

Heavy showers all fecking day here, getting serious this supposed dry spell doesn't come next week sin è. Brought spring heifer calves back and put them on a silage field the cows won't be able to graze as too wet, have em fenced into a couple of acres on the upper side where there seemed to be a few semi dry patches and shelter by trees.

dzer2 wrote: »
    Some shower in Enniscorthy at 4

Lucky I wasn't near Enniscorthy then.:P

We were just on the edge of those and missed them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Mooooo wrote: »
    Heavy showers all fecking day here, getting serious this supposed dry spell doesn't come next week sin è. Brought spring heifer calves back and put them on a silage field the cows won't be able to graze as too wet, have em fenced into a couple of acres on the upper side where there seemed to be a few semi dry patches and shelter by trees.

Going threw 3 bales of silage a day here the past month to keep the cows ticking over, still motoring and doing 2 kgs/ms a day but grass is only making up a little bit over a third of the diet with 6 kgs of meal going in as well, incalf heifers have another 3 weeks left out max and the same for weanling heifers, going to be a long winter but made a heap of silage I thought I'd never need but glad of it now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Lovely morning here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,053 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Fairly cold this morning. Would say there was frost earlier

****e here again constant heavy drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

One belter of a shower earlier but sunny here now ground very tender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

Anyone have silage still to cut?

Feckoffcup wrote: »

5acres for bales on outfarm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

No real rain here today. Twas drizzling a bit earlier alright but it's warm enough day for the last day of September with a gentle breeze. Not that it will make much of a difference, Ground is in Sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Feckoffcup wrote: »

25 acres. Will have to do this week, can't wait any longer. Should have done last Tuesday, but held out for better conditions! Worse now....

Great drying out today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Mowing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Raining since middle of night here in NW,rain showers torrential since around 3pm!!

Even good dry limestone land is wet so average land (with plenty of rushes) is in absolute sh*te!:(
    Even sheep are leaving tracks in fields.

Horrible pissy morning. I thought we were in for a dry week?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Awful constant rain all night and still belting away.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

_Brian wrote: »
    Awful constant rain all night and still belting away.
    Its clearing in Sligo now so better weather is on the way over to ye ..... until the next lot blows in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Horrible pissy morning. I thought we were in for a dry week?

No this was given. Supposed to be dry from midday till roughly Sunday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Reggie. wrote: »
    No this was given. Supposed to be dry from midday till roughly Sunday evening

4th wet Wednesday on the spin

Advertisement