Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phonewatch beeping Low Battery

• 05-09-2020 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Phonewatch Alarm, it beeps around 4.30 in the morning continually saying System Low Battery; Engineer not coming until end of next week; It wakes everyone in house is there anyway to turn off the beeping? I've tried turning off the alarm at night time but it still happens.

Would really appreciate help

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 userhere

Dave it says I can't PM as you are exceeded the PM limit ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

userhere wrote: »
    Phonewatch Alarm, it beeps around 4.30 in the morning continually saying System Low Battery; Engineer not coming until end of next week; It wakes everyone in house is there anyway to turn off the beeping? I've tried turning off the alarm at night time but it still happens.

Would really appreciate help

Thanks

Did you tell Phonewatch that this was happening, it just seems extraordinary that this is not dealt with by them a lot sooner.

I did tell Phonewatch that was happening yes. Also stated the 4.30 am bit; I am just not good without sleep and I can't get back off

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭davidconroy46

It just shows phonewatch service.
    Not that great.
    If it is the Simon
    System, a zirowire panel can be installed and keep every other device on the system.
    You can connect it to you router and down load the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Happened to me recently.

Ring PW, they'll talk you through a series of codes that you can put in on the panel that will disable the low battery alarm beeping.

• Advertisement

Hi Dave I don't know if it is the Simon System is there a way of checking that;

Starts beeping again at 4.30 this morning, get up and turn off alarm and it stops.

It's absolutely disgraceful carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

I did tell Phonewatch that was happening yes. Also stated the 4.30 am bit; I am just not good without sleep and I can't get back off

Sorry for your difficulty, get on the phone to them tomorrow and give it to them loud and clear.

They put themselves up as the be all and end of all, yet they cannot look after one of their customers who is not getting proper sleep.

I intend on doing so; I've written emails. Like someone without sleep, honestly it's just like arguing with commonsense Re

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

replace the 12 volt battery in it

Where do I buy this; and anytime I tried to open the area the alarm started going off

• Advertisement

Where do I buy this; and anytime I tried to open the area the alarm started going off

Dave I cant seem to PM you it says you have exceeded space

It just shows phonewatch service.
    Not that great.
    If it is the Simon
    System, a zirowire panel can be installed and keep every other device on the system.
    You can connect it to you router and down load the app.

Dave it wont let me PM you it says you have exceeded space

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    replace the 12 volt battery in it
    In my case it was batteries in the sensors that were causing the issue.

It was a simple temp fix when it happened to me - they couldn't send an engineer for weeks (as usual :rolleyes:) so were able to talk me through the codes to disable the low battery alarm.

I'm SO getting away from them this time when my contract is up, for the money they charge their service level is scandalous.

OP, I don't understand why they can't just disable that particular alarm for you.

Advertisement