Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

woohoo down 2.5lbs :D just 1lb to go to WW goal :D have my step daughters communion on saturday and we are having a party on sunday so going to try be really good cos really want to get that lb off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    If Eircom_sucks doesnt mind, I can have a cut off doing the league thingy, I would attack it slighly different, anyone can join at any time, I'll give weekly%, overall % and date joined the league(i.e no. of weeks in the overall%).

only a suggestion

what do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

what do people think?
    i would be up for it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Those puppies are adorable and look well looked after and ad says you can see both parents - done deal doesnt have a very good reputation where animals are concerned - lots of dogs from puppy farms advertised there so if anyone is thinking of getting animals from ads please make sure you see at least one parent. Some of the puppies from these farms are not looked after and can have all kinds of health problems.

Hope the date goes well you do realise all of us will be waiting to hear every last detail

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

what do people think?

I'm in aswell :). over a year into ww now so would be a great way to track my progress.

Like the idea of the overall% and the weekly, nothing better to motivate you than reminding yourself of the bigger picture, especially when losses are slower ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down half a lb at WI. I'm ok with that, was expecting a lb but TOTM due this week so kinda half expected that.

Confession: Just had chicken nuggets and chips from the chipper and am also having 1 drink. But definitely going to try and be VERY good from tomorrow on. I seem to be having chipper a lot on Wednesdays and don't want to get into that rut, it isn't a reward or anything, it is because I usually don't have anything cooked and am STARVING and want something super quick and tasty... Have to be more prepared.
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    If the date goes well... i'll talk him into taking me up to Laois in a few weeks to see the pups

http://www.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=6226589&ad=2118289

That puppy is SOOOOOOO cute!!!
    what do people think?

I would be up for it if it was executed slightly differently and if there was a bit more of a personal touch. I can imagine you would be good at it with your knowledge of excel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

what do people think?

Me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Would you mind putting up the muffin recipe? Thanks :D

I'm so totally jealous of everyone who is getting these amazing losses this week!

In other news, I told my mam last night that I was doing WW. She mentioned that some chap at work is doing it and he looks great now, she was impressed by it. So I mentioned that I have been doing it and she goes "I hope you don't get any skinnier, I think you are getting a bit obssessed with this" :eek: I cannot win :( If I hadn't mentioned it, she wouldn't have said a thing :( Oh well. Hopefully I will be down tomorrow, only 3.5lbs to goal :) It seems so far away though :(

Dont mind her LOL I some times wonder why people close to us think we are going to far but its some one else they think they look great.:confused:
    Pineapple Muffins 3 Pro Points
    30g lowfat spread
    200g wholemeal self raising flour
    1 teaspoon if baking powder
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
    75g light brown sugar
    1 egg beaten
    432g crushed pineapple in natural juice, drained, reserving 100ml juice
    12 Muffin cases
    1, preheat oven to gas mark 4,180 c, fan over 160 line the muffin tin with muffin cases
    2 place low fat spread in a small saucepan over a low heat and ,melt. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend just briefly enough to combine the ingredients. alternatively, sift the flour,baking flour and ginger into a large mixing bowl, Add thr melted spread and remaing ingredients, whisking in till just combined.
    spoon in to paper cases and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
    enjoy :)
    2fat wrote: »
    Thanks guys , needed that ;)
    you know what I did to stop that happening, stopped buying biscuits so I could not be tempted, may be that might help. keep at it, it takes a more than two weeks to change habits of a lifetime and they can be changed :)
    Raaaah what is it about exams that give you such a appitite....fecking hell!

Thank god there over tomorrow...From this saturday (wi day) going to get my act together.

Exercise 3 days cardio, 2 days weights, 2 days rest
    get back to the Wii Sports

And i think of getting a new puppy! So he'll keep me busy! toilet training, lead training, and maybe enter a few shows :) and he's from a great breeder so he may actually WIN! :D Little Red Setter...

If the date goes well... i'll talk him into taking me up to Laois in a few weeks to see the pups

Dont have any holidays planned for the year....so the last few weeks has been kinda semi holiday from ww rules...like i'm eating healthy....just eating HUGE amounts of healthy foods LMAO

http://www.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=6226589&ad=2118289

beautiful pup I had a red setter growing up she was a brill dog Shandy :) loved her sadly she was stolen by guys who broke in to our house. I have a white german shepard only 4 monts old and mad so serious training needed.
    what do people think?
    Im in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Hi everyone just wanted to join in as have been lurking a while. Have been doing the new plan for 4 weeks and with 4lbs off tonight I have now lost a total of 1st 0.5lbs! Delighted with progress so far but have another 2-3 stone to loose - baby weight :o

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Mollie57 wrote: »
    Those puppies are adorable and look well looked after and ad says you can see both parents - done deal doesnt have a very good reputation where animals are concerned - lots of dogs from puppy farms advertised there so if anyone is thinking of getting animals from ads please make sure you see at least one parent. Some of the puppies from these farms are not looked after and can have all kinds of health problems.

Hope the date goes well you do realise all of us will be waiting to hear every last detail

I'm studying animal care at the moment, and doing animal management next year. I know all too well about the ethics and lack there of with some breeders.

I was iffy about using done deal, but that ad looked genuine. and i've already spoken to the breeder, he's on holidays...but still emailed me back. some ppl are selling at crazy low prices...to good to be true kinda thing. or if the pic has like 15 puppies all "from the same litter" there prob like 3 litters thrown together (puppy farm) I've worked with ex puppy farm bitches in rescue shelters....heart breaking! I also wanna use the puppy/dog as a showcase to promote old irish breeds...so ppl arent going out looking for designer breeds....thus creating the demand for them for puppy farmers.

I've always had a soft spot for gingers....an irish setter fits LOL.

I figure having a new dog to show off will get me out of the house :) meeting ppl, going to shows, walking the dog, charity dog walks....keep me away from the fridge :P LMAO

Last exam tomorrow.....oh god i cant wait to sleep in all weekend! and guzzel water and bran muffins for the weekend....get rid of the bloating and dark circles! my brain is about to explode....i cant actually tell if i know the stuff or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

what do people think?

Im in.

Down .5lbs tonight happy with that as i couldnt do any excerise this week and wasn't expecting a loss at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

what do people think?

im in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I had chipper tonight :(

I don't care, I had a horrible "let's-never-mention-it-again" exam today and I was so fed up, needed it :P

It's over and done with, I can start afresh from tomorrow again.

ONE EXAM LEFT :D:D:D

Roll on saturday :)

Edit - I'm in on the new league table too!

good few interested in my proposal, I'll start building a fancy excel sheet ;)...

I propose:
    • people send me their weekly weight figure prior to Saturday.
    • I'll use 00:00 saturday as the cut-off point(i.e. friday is last day of one week, saturday is the start of the next), any weights that come in after this will be used for the next week.
    • if you miss a week, I'll use your previous weeks weight (i.e. you will show as 0.00% lost for the week in question), but you will still be in the league
    • newbies are free to join at any time
    • I will post No.Weeks active(how long are you in our little league), % lost that week. % lost since joining the league.
    • To give people a chance to join from the start, cut off for the first weigh-in figures is midnight Fri 21/05/2011(so your WI weight between this saturday and friday week)
    Hope everyone thinks this is fair

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

Tmeos wrote: »
    Hi everyone just wanted to join in as have been lurking a while. Have been doing the new plan for 4 weeks and with 4lbs off tonight I have now lost a total of 1st 0.5lbs! Delighted with progress so far but have another 2-3 stone to loose - baby weight :o

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi

Well done on your great weight loss, i used to tell myself all the time that it was just baby weight unfortunately i cant use that excuse anymore "She's 13". but for the first time i really feel i'm making progress in the right direction, 7.5 lbs and more to follow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

good few interested in my proposal, I'll start building a fancy excel sheet ;)...

I propose:
    • I'll use 00:00 saturday as the cut-off point(i.e. friday is last day of one week, saturday is the start of the next), any weights that come in after this will be used for the next week.
    • if you miss a week, I'll use your previous weeks weight (i.e. you will show as 0.00% lost for the week in question), but you will still be in the league
    • I will post No.Weeks active(how long are you in our little league), % lost that week. % lost since joining the league.
    • To give people a chance to join from the start, cut off for the first weigh-in figures is midnight Fri 21/05/2011(so your WI weight between this saturday and friday week)

taking over my job :)

its grand you can do it all if u like , im crap at excel and formula's and your idea sounds way better , im in :)

taking over my job :)

its grand you can do it all if u like , im crap at excel and formula's and your idea sounds way better , im in :)

cool, I did say ..if its ok with eircom_sucks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

cool, I did say ..if its ok with eircom_sucks ;)

hiya, not sure how this works, do i send you all the details like what my starting weight was and what i'm at now, with weekly losses after that? sorry new to this but would like to join :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shazza_90

Its for the Irish Guide Dogs, they're doing these walks all over the country :)
    there doing cycles as well :)

http://www.guidedogs.ie/iopen24/events_calendar.php[/QUOTE]

Thinking of doing this walk myself but bit scared about it whether id get it done or not!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I propose:

You know what count me in! Saturday - Friday is my ww week, this one sounds a lil more forgiving....

I assume starting weights wont be shown?

just amount loss,
    % loss since joining the table,
    and how many weeks the person has been doing it?

That sounds a little kinder...more motivating less competitive...

With regard to the PM issues...can you PM ppl back to confirm you got there results...just so things arent getting lost along the way

• Advertisement

hiya, not sure how this works, do i send you all the details like what my starting weight was and what i'm at now, with weekly losses after that? sorry new to this but would like to join :o

no, just send my you're weekly WI figures starting from next week, .... if you are interested;).

The 'league' will only be from the first week people give me weights, not their initial WW WI weight.

Hope that make sence

You know what count me in! Saturday - Friday is my ww week, this one sounds a lil more forgiving....

I assume starting weights wont be shown?

just amount loss,
    % loss since joining the table,
    and how many weeks the person has been doing it?

That sounds a little kinder...more motivating less competitive...

With regard to the PM issues...can you PM ppl back to confirm you got there results...just so things arent getting lost along the way

I will only post weekly and overall %'s and the number of weeks you have been part of the 'league', no weights(weights are on a different tab on the spread sheet than the %'s) + people would be able work back and calculate starting weights if you have the weight lost in a week and the % that represents, so no weights displayed :)
    I wont be deleting people from the league, if a PM doesnt get to me or get's lost, worst that will happen is that the week in question your weight will show same as the previous week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shazza_90

I am new to posting on boards but have been following this thread religiously since joining ww at the start of january. After what feels like a million attempts at ww (and I'm only 23) I finally feel that this might just work this time! Maybe it's the new pro point system or perhaps I'm finally fed up with my weight but either way fingers crossed! Anyway I've lost 20.5 lbs so far and have another 17.5 to go and before, this was the length of time I started getting fed up on the program and I can feel it happening again now! Which is why I finally decided to post! I need to try motivate myself!
    You all have been really great so far and there is some great advice and tips on here. I have picked up a few things over the last few months too so hopefully I'll be able to contribute as well!
    Anyway sorry for my rambling and I hope to be chatting to you all on a regular basis![/QUOTE]

Hi emskelly,
    I'm in the same boat as you, same age and about same goals so fingers crossed we will reach it!! its slow on my side but motivating myself each week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

And i think of getting a new puppy! So he'll keep me busy! toilet training, lead training, and maybe enter a few shows :) and he's from a great breeder so he may actually WIN! :D Little Red Setter...

OMG! Adorable....I want one. Although I already have two dogs and a cat, would take one of them in an instant if I was allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Flurry

Hi,

Does anyone know the pp values for any of the M&S's fuller for longer range?

I have exams coming up, so will be short on time some evenings, so I thinking of getting a couple of ready meals in, so that I am not tempted to eat something even worse.

Would the Fuller For Longer range be the best idea points-wise? I tried one or two ww meals before and found I was hungry shortly afterwards, so was hoping the F-F-Longer range might be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Well done on your great weight loss, i used to tell myself all the time that it was just baby weight unfortunately i cant use that excuse anymore "She's 13". but for the first time i really feel i'm making progress in the right direction, 7.5 lbs and more to follow. :)

Well to be fair only about 2 stone is baby weight, the rest is Christmas 2010 weight, Christmas 2011 weight, holiday weight, general being a greedy pig weight. Can't use the poor baby to explain it all, it does feel great to be doing something about it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

what do people think?

I will definatly be up for it , count me in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

weigh in today , oh god i hope its good

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Went to my first meeting in 9 weeks last Thursday and was up 10lbs! Gutted. I was 2 pounds from goal and instead skyrocketed in the wrong direction. To make matters worse I had a hen weekend at the weekend...ugh. Weigh in tonight. Really need the motivation boost. Fingers crossed for some sort of miracle!

• Advertisement

ShindyB wrote: »
    Went to my first meeting in 9 weeks last Thursday and was up 10lbs! Gutted. I was 2 pounds from goal and instead skyrocketed in the wrong direction. To make matters worse I had a hen weekend at the weekend...ugh. Weigh in tonight. Really need the motivation boost. Fingers crossed for some sort of miracle!

we're doing a bit of a 'league' thingy, starting from tomorrow, if you're interested, just have a look thru som e previuos post.

I personally find this kinda thing very motivating

the follwoing people are interested so far:

GT_TDI_150
    harr
    Starlight1
    Monife
    Caros
    Baby75
    tattoo86
    rachelryan29
    misslt
    Eircom_Sucks