Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-10-2020, 20:33   #1
Graceland

Sky Atlantic Pin Number

I'm asking this on behalf of an elderly relative. They have Sky about 20 years and it's the same box they have always had. They wanted to watch something on Sky Atlantic but they need a pin number. I found out if they put the last 4 digits of their viewing card in, this will work. But it said it was incorrect. Would anyone know how they can sort this out.
Advertisement
27-10-2020, 04:23   #2
Vic_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceland View Post
I'm asking this on behalf of an elderly relative. They have Sky about 20 years and it's the same box they have always had. They wanted to watch something on Sky Atlantic but they need a pin number. I found out if they put the last 4 digits of their viewing card in, this will work. But it said it was incorrect. Would anyone know how they can sort this out.
It may have been set to something else at some point, or it also may be the last
4 digits carried over from an earlier viewing card with a different number.

To reset the pin: Services-Parental Control-Red Button then follow instructions, sky account no or possibly bank account details may be needed to reset.

This only works with an internet connected box, otherwise it may be possible through their account on sky.com if they have that set up it, if not it will require phoning sky.
27-10-2020, 04:34   #3
punisher5112

Won't need a pin if it's after 9 pm.

They're showing a lot of stuff now during the day that would of usually been shown from 9pm onwards.
28-10-2020, 01:12   #4
Graceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_08 View Post
It may have been set to something else at some point, or it also may be the last
4 digits carried over from an earlier viewing card with a different number.

To reset the pin: Services-Parental Control-Red Button then follow instructions, sky account no or possibly bank account details may be needed to reset.

This only works with an internet connected box, otherwise it may be possible through their account on sky.com if they have that set up it, if not it will require phoning sky.
Thanks for the reply. I know they got a few different viewing cards through the years, so maybe their code was from the very first one, but they don't remember it now.
Their sky box isn't connected to the internet as it's a very old one. I'll tell them to phone sky.
28-10-2020, 01:16   #5
Graceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Won't need a pin if it's after 9 pm.

They're showing a lot of stuff now during the day that would of usually been shown from 9pm onwards.
Thanks for the reply. If they can watch programmes after 9 without a pin number, this wouldn't be too bad.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion