Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zgemma H7s Guide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Excellent, again, thanks. Turns out I won't make it to the house this evening to set it up, could be next week now. I could be back wrecking your heads by then! Thanks for the help all

OK so managed to get to thr house this afternoon. Zgemma has openvix on it, and I've gone through the autobouqets manager setup and scan. It pulled all the channels down, but naturally the channel list is heavily populate with all the regional bbc's and so forth. I can switch between the Saorview bouquet, the BSkyB bouquet, and the Freesat bouquet,and obviously the All bouquet too. Just not sure how to dilute the channel list down to a manageable level now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Its more fiddly than using a PC and e-channelizer or WebIF but you can create a favourites bouquet and add channels to it (and sort them) using the remote.

I switched to the favourites section, and then all the normal bouquets were there...all nicely sorted etc, so twas my mistake. Setup seemed to have been relatively painless really, obv the box was flashed with openvix etc and had plugins already installed so that took all the work out of it.

Will the EPG stay refreshed and updated automatically? Some of the EPG seemed to disappear after a reboot, and I had to force a refresh...

Post edited by Inviere on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

think you need a plugin to get the listings for some channels,

I use crossEPG Downloader and it works well once its setup,you can set a time for it to update automatically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Make sure epg is stored in hdd or usb and not internal flash

To my knowledge on a recording for say 2 hr i can view it from the start and it will play to the end and you also have the recording to view at a later date if you need.

Recording on all tuners you can view a recorded program from hdd as it does not use a tuner for viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭redoctober

Hi there. I sorted my channels into a "favourites" bouquet. This bouquet was already set up by the vendor but unpopulated. I used e-channelizer to do this. Seemed to be fine. Now some channels not showing epg info even though they do in the other bouquets like "all channels". Any idea what causes this? Thanks in advance.

I would ask if you have set up your epg to download data for 7 days and to hdd or usb and not to internal flash.

The box was set up when I bought it. I will check the settings. I've managed to rectify for some channels. When I'm in e-channelizer there is a master list of channels. There seem to be some duplicates so by using the other "copy" this has solved it. For a few channels there is no alternative copy of that channel e.g. great movies +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if its possible to tune in Virgin Media+1 and what menu is needed to do it?

Also if I connect the box to an active internet connection can we use the BBC red button?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

No and no I'm afraid. (virgin +1 is only on satellite, and isn't fta)

ah right thanks. Pity we cant get into the BBC red button as the winter Olympics is on and they would have a choice of what to watch rather than being lumbered with curling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You can't use the red button as such but you can access the red button as a separate TV channel in SD only

10773 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

• Registered Users Posts: 43 spaced

All the BBC red button channels can be tuned in . I think there is 6 and another in HD. I have them all in a News/Sports bouquet. The Olympics, Wimbledon and occasionally FA cup matches are on them.

Is there a site where you can get all the tuning codes? And does the box need to be connected to the internet via a LAN cable to recieve them?

Yeah that channel comes up on my automatic scan. Was hoping pressing the red button in it would open up the 5 or 6 red button channels behind it but no joy, it just leads to the channels EPG

The red button function uses proprietary software not available on non-freesat/sky branded boxes. The complete list of free channels is here https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

During the summer the BBC adds some temporary extra red button channels for Wimbledon. I'm not sure if they have the rights for the full Olympics on satellite so they add web streams instead. (open to correction on that)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/59939987

There will be more than 300 hours of live coverage on BBC One and BBC Two, plus a second live stream on BBC iPlayer, Red Button and online.

Post edited by Gerry Wicklow on

Thanks Gerry, much appreciated

Hi guys, Managed to resolve problem with missing EPG info. Not sure how I fixed it! Was playing around with settings and then noticed they were there later with 7 day epg.

Noticed a couple of things with the box.

1. The timeshift is great in one sense in that you can get many programmes back. I often have kids channels on for little one and can jump back through a full day's programmes as far as I can tell. On Foxsat it was only a couple of hours I think.
    2. A question - is there a way to jump back to timeshift from watching a recording. I think I could do this on Foxsat. In other words you jump back to the channel and it's still recording in background while you watch the other recording.
    3. Another thing - I seem to have limited timeshift on saorview channels. Sometimes it refuses to pause. Other times it only timeshifts after pressing pause. On the UK Freesat channels it works great. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Hi swoofer, I can't find enable move mode, when I press menu there, nothing happens bar a red X.

Any other ways to access the move mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

on openvix?

press down then menu

should be there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭swoofer

Ok move mode appears for 2 reasons, one to move a bouquet and the other to move a channel either into a bouquet or within a bouquet.

Try this for a channel in bouquets. Make sure you are in a bouquet and on a live channel say BBC1. Then either, OK, arrow up, or arrow down, menu. Now you get a list Red button for move. Here is a pic. NB when used you have to go back in and disable it.

Try this for a bouquets. On a channel say BBC1, go OK, UP blue button and all the bouquets should appear, now MENU, you get this menu.

Post edited by swoofer on

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

So having lurked here and read all the posts I decided to buy the Zgemma H7S. Got it the other day and with OpenVix installed and all ready to go. I swapped the two LNB inputs and the Saorview input from my old box. I just had to change the Saorview mast it was set to look at and away I went. So thanks to all who have contributed to this discussion, it has been really helpful.

Now for my first newbie question. When I was setting up boquets yesterday for my favourites I added RTE 1 HD and RTE 2 HD. Today neither of these was receiving anything. RTE1 and RTE 2 (not HD) work fine. And I can't find the RTE HD channels in any bouquets on the system. Not sure if I deleted something by mistake or how I can get these back. I've done a couple of scans but no joy. Help appreciated. Thanks.

If you can watch the RTÉs then you are seeing the Saorview versions. The references to RTÉ HD may be the satellite versions which are Sky only, which is why you cant watch them. RTÉ on Saorview is pseudo HD with an odd resolution of 1440. If you press the OK button while watching it might show on the info bar as DVB-T depending on what skin you have.

Hi Gerry. On a similar note, when I had sour view straight into telly I'm pretty sure I had tg4 in HD. Now it seems to be standard definition. Could that be right? Thanks

NO TG4HD is pay only on Sky. Us mere mortals who fund it in taxes only get sd.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭MenloPete

Here's a little niggle I have: On OpenVix I have set RTE1 as the startup channel. Works grand, but it's RTE1 from the complete service list. Is it possible to have it choose my Favourites bouquet as its default startup list? - so that when I press Channel Up I get RTE2 from my Favourites?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If you go to the rte one in your favourite list and when on the selection menu press menu and choose “Set as startup” this should be what you are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭MenloPete

Strange - I thought I had tried this already. When looked at from my favourite list it already was set as startup - so I deselected it and reselected it there and it now works. - Thanks!

Advertisement