Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Hey about to buy this box what should
    I get vix or atv
    I want sky q type skin,
    Also is it a lot faster than amiko alien 2
    I have a zgemma h2s is so much faster than amiko will this box be as fast as zgemma thanks

The sky skin will work on either. This box is lightning fast, no slowdowns

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maunderevents

The sky skin will work on either. This box is lightning fast, no slowdowns

So will the iptv come on it too I mean the iptv app that's for YouTube etc not the iptv channels
    It's on my zgemma box
    I want this box as its a pain with not Irish stuff on the zgemma

Was about too buy a Dreambox or vu solo 4K
    I notice zgemma channels change way faster than my amiko box
    Will this box allow fast channel change

So will the iptv come on it too I mean the iptv app that's for YouTube etc not the iptv channels
    It's on my zgemma box
    I want this box as its a pain with not Irish stuff on the zgemma

It will if you put it there. This box comes with a clean install of Vix or Openatv Enigma 2, whichever you choose. It's up to you to set it up the way you like with plugins and skins.

It will if you put it there. This box comes with a clean install of Vix or Openatv Enigma 2, whichever you choose. It's up to you to set it up the way you like with plugins and skins.

So is it hard to put it on or do I just go to plugins and download it
    Also with skin change are they easy to put on box
    Don't know much on this

• Advertisement

So is it hard to put it on or do I just go to plugins and download it
    Also with skin change are they easy to put on box
    Don't know much on this

Lots of plugins and skins are available to download in the software on the box, for others you can upload the ipk file and install, it's not hard. The Enigma 2 software on the box has a bit of a learning curve but you already have it on your existing box

The skins from download plugins section
    I heard there dodgy and some mess up box is that true
    Cause it to go into endless loop etx

The skins from download plugins section
    I heard there dodgy and some mess up box is that true
    Cause it to go into endless loop etx

Not true, the ones from the plugin download are official repository and can be trusted to work on the box without issues

I see world of sat has this
    Will they install hardrive for me or do have to install myself .
    Looking the options it looks like they do
    Don't fancy messing with it .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I see world of sat has this
    Will they install hardrive for me or do have to install myself .
    Looking the options it looks like they do
    Don't fancy messing with it .

You can buy the HDD from them (I assume they install it for you). I installed my own that I already had, it was pretty straight forward.

• Advertisement

Yes I bought from World of Sat with hard drive installed and formatted. Went with OpenATV

I'm going to order one later,
    Picons do they come with the skins
    Or how do I get them on the box can they be got in plugins on box .
    I found on zgemma my fav list would go everytime the box updates the channels is there any way around without turning of the updates .
    Can the sky q skin be got in the skins in plugins or does it need to be got on line.

I'm going to order one later,
    Picons do they come with the skins
    Or how do I get them on the box can they be got in plugins on box .
    I found on zgemma my fav list would go everytime the box updates the channels is there any way around without turning of the updates .
    Can the sky q skin be got in the skins in plugins or does it need to be got on line.

See this post for picons and other info: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106678180&postcount=32

I've updated my backup once again, I've now changed from AutoBouquets to AutoBouquetMaker which is set to add Freesat bouquets and gives a much better selection and is set to update daily. I've also updated the picons

447775.png

448274.png

447779.png

447776.png

447778.png

Would my open atv image that's on my zgemma box work on this ,reason I ask is it has iptv for movies etc and you on it and skin I like
    If I put it on my new box when I get it will it flash and work on it.
    If not where can I get the iptv add on for movies utube etc

Would my open atv image that's on my zgemma box work on this ,reason I ask is it has iptv for movies etc and you on it and skin I like
    If I put it on my new box when I get it will it flash and work on it.
    If not where can I get the iptv add on for movies utube etc

No it will not work, different hardware.

No it will not work, different hardware.

So any idea where I can get a iptv option for it that will be on main menu it's not paid iptv just one for movies etc
    Also is the sky like skins on the menu plugins or do I need to get them from Internet and put on via usb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

zgemma boxes were the inferior ones and now your moving into the big league ,all boxes have their unique image to use be it openvix or atv or others.

greasepalm wrote: »
    zgemma boxes were the inferior ones and now your moving into the big league ,all boxes have their unique image to use be it openvix or atv or others.

I have amiko alien and the zgemma is way better so much faster and very good box I find
    So hope this new box will be a lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these.

@ High Horse Brigade. Fair play for all the work you've put in. I see you use openvix. Do you reckon that's the one to go for? Is there much difference between it and the other systems? I've had a SAB Sat/Android hybrid box for a while and was never happy with it. I sent it back twice because it keeps going back to factory settings. It's happened again today and I've had enough of it.
    Another question. Can KODI be installed on it? Not the end of the world if not but it would be handy.
    Ta
    Joe.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these.

@ High Horse Brigade. Fair play for all the work you've put in. I see you use openvix. Do you reckon that's the one to go for? Is there much difference between it and the other systems? I've had a SAB Sat/Android hybrid box for a while and was never happy with it. I sent it back twice because it keeps going back to factory settings. It's happened again today and I've had enough of it.
    Another question. Can KODI be installed on it? Not the end of the world if not but it would be handy.
    Ta
    Joe.

I use Openatv, there's little difference between that and Openvix. Both are getting good support through constant updates

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I use Openatv, there's little difference between that and Openvix. Both are getting good support through constant updates

Sound. I'll be ordering it on Thursday. I'll do a bit of homework in the meantime and educate myself about bouquets and picons etc.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

sligojoek wrote: »
    Sound. I'll be ordering it on Thursday. I'll do a bit of homework in the meantime and educate myself about bouquets and picons etc.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

AFAIK openATV and openVIX come from the same base and thus share many similarities. In my experience, openATV has more features and seems a little more polished.
    Bouquets is just a fancy name for favourites lists. You can group lists of channels in any order you wish so that you could have a NEWS bouquet or KIDS bouquet or whatever.
    Picons are just fancy pictures (icons) with the channel names on them.

Welcome to the addictive world of enigma :D

I have open atv with sky q skin iptv app etc on usb
    If flash Tiviar with it will it work .
    I can't see why not or does Tiviar need a specific open atv for it ,
    I see open atv works for most boxs, so since its in my zgemma will same usb work for Tiviar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I have open atv with sky q skin iptv app etc on usb
    If flash Tiviar with it will it work .
    I can't see why not or does Tiviar need a specific open atv for it ,
    I see open atv works for most boxs, so since its in my zgemma will same usb work for Tiviar

There is a specific OpenATV image for each model box.

You cannot flash an image for another model box on another as it will brick the box as they have specific bootloaders.

The OpenATV image for the Tiviar Alpha Plus is here

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=tiviaraplus

STB. wrote: »
    There is a specific OpenATV image for each model box.

You cannot flash an image for another model box on another as it will brick the box as they have specific bootloaders.

The OpenATV image for the Tiviar Alpha Plus is here

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=tiviaraplus

Ok so when I do that how do I go about getting YouTube and iptv for movies there not in plugin sections on box

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

@highhorsebrigade

How do you get your tv to do those screenshots?
    Is it possible to record a video segment.
    I have an LG tv.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

@ Tigerandahalf He is using WEBIF which is on all E2 boxes.

You log into it using the box over the LAN using a web browser and it gives you options to take screenshots
    Ok so when I do that how do I go about getting YouTube and iptv for movies there not in plugin sections on box

Youtube is in the feeds under extensions.

IPTV is a third party IPK. These boxes are not android so dont think you are going to have a Kodi feel to them

@highhorsebrigade

How do you get your tv to do those screenshots?
    Is it possible to record a video segment.
    I have an LG tv.

Thanks

I actually ssh into the box and run a command to save it to /tmp. Explained here:
    https://linuxsat-support.com/thread/9059-tutorial-grab-a-screenshot-using-telnet/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I actually ssh into the box and run a command to save it to /tmp. Explained here:
    https://linuxsat-support.com/thread/9059-tutorial-grab-a-screenshot-using-telnet/

Ah ok. I just thought these modern smart tvs would allow you to screenshot and video grab and access it then on their app.

Advertisement