Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FTA channels showing as scrambled on Walker TV

• 13-10-2020 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭

I have been using various FTA boxes for about 15 years now and always enjoyed the flexibility of sorting and viewing channels whichever way I wanted, without platform restricted channel number ordering or channels hidden from view.

However, recently I have bought a Walker TV set, Saorview approved and with what is sold as FTA satellite. Having scanned for Astra 28.2, various channels that I know are FTA are being tagged as 'scrambled'. Some are still viewable (despite being tagged scrambled) and some are not. The CH4, E4, MORE4 stations seem most affected.

Anyone able to shed some light on what is happening there? None of the previous FTA satellite boxes that I have used have ever 'scrambled' FTA channels.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ger Roe wrote: »
    I have been using various FTA boxes for about 15 years now and always enjoyed the flexibility of sorting and viewing channels whichever way I wanted, without platform restricted channel number ordering or channels hidden from view.

However, recently I have bought a Walker TV set, Saorview approved and with what is sold as FTA satellite. Having scanned for Astra 28.2, various channels that I know are FTA are being tagged as 'scrambled'. Some are still viewable (despite being tagged scrambled) and some are not. The CH4, E4, MORE4 stations seem most affected.

Anyone able to shed some light on what is happening there? None of the previous FTA satellite boxes that I have used have ever 'scrambled' FTA channels.

All those channels have multiple versions. Some are scrambled, these are the ones that would be the "sky" version but they also should have fta versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

This is an old thread which suggests that some makes of TV like Walker have this problem in their software.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057703427

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭decor58

Ger Roe wrote: »

I have been using a Walker with Saorview and Satellite for a while now and have all the main channels including the C4,S. At installation there is an option to download the channel list from Satcodx, I downloaded that list and used the Walker app to rearrange channels to my own prefences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Thank DX and Decor, I will take a look at the thread and the other download option.

I am fairly sure that at least some of the channels that are now tagged as scrambled, were FTA on the initial scan, so I don't think they are Sky subscription channels. Also it's strange that some are showing as tagged scrambled, but yet can still be viewed.

The various FTA boxes never had these issues.

Advertisement