Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Nicole2020 wrote: »
    I used my phone as well, the sound quality was better when I did the practice, also put my earphones in to help.

That’s great news the first batch of e-tray results are out already, was that only 2 weeks wait then? Well done everyone who got through, hopefully the second batch will be out next week as well!

2 and a half weeks ye - felt longer! Window for doing it closed on 4th September and results 22 September.

Interview invites out now. 2 weeks... here we go, folks..

HannahR31 wrote: »
    Interview invites out now. 2 weeks... here we go, folks..

Just got another message to say previous message (interview invite) was sent in error. Assume it was sent too soon. So back to waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

2 and a half weeks ye - felt longer! Window for doing it closed on 4th September and results 22 September.

That’s great! Nervous the video result might be sooner than expected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

InsideEdge wrote: »
    I found it easier to use my mobile phone and the app.

What if the phone rang.Does it interrupt?

• Advertisement

tungsten wrote: »
    What if the phone rang.Does it interrupt?

Set the do not disturb option on your phone! I know there’s one on iPhone, not sure about others but I’m sure there is...

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭crinkley

Set the do not disturb option on your phone! I know there’s one on iPhone, not sure about others but I’m sure there is...

just be careful it doesnt stop whats app calls coming through I learnt this the hard way! when the vibration knocked it off the stand set I had. Thankfully it was the practice so I deleted whatsapp and then reinstalled after

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭InsideEdge

Just got another message to say previous message (interview invite) was sent in error. Assume it was sent too soon. So back to waiting.

I thought they had left me out!

I thought they had left me out!

Have you gotten a message yet? I got 3 yesterday..first an invite, then a message saying the other was a mistake, and then a new invite (with interview date 2 days earlier than the first date...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

HannahR31, what timeframe are we talking about? 2 or 3 weeks?

No invite received as yet. Expecting one tomorrow.

• Advertisement

poundhound wrote: »
    HannahR31, what timeframe are we talking about? 2 or 3 weeks?

No invite received as yet. Expecting one tomorrow.

Monday week. Notified yesterday so a week and a half.

Monday week. Notified yesterday so a week and a half.

Yikes!

Have you gotten a message yet? I got 3 yesterday..first an invite, then a message saying the other was a mistake, and then a new invite (with interview date 2 days earlier than the first date...)

Just checked my messages and nothing there yet, must be doing them in stages. Did they give any info on what the interview will be looking at? And best of luck with the preparation!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Also not received anything yet, but the results email did say we'd hear by Friday so there's still time.

Are these interviews taking place in PAS or in the digital realm I wonder?

crinkley wrote: »
    just be careful it doesnt stop whats app calls coming through I learnt this the hard way! when the vibration knocked it off the stand set I had. Thankfully it was the practice so I deleted whatsapp and then reinstalled after

Unfortunately mine fell off the stand for no reason mid way through the actual recording! I just picked it up and carried on... hoping it will nearly work in my favour because I didn’t let it throw me... although that might be wishful thinking!!

Just checked my messages and nothing there yet, must be doing them in stages. Did they give any info on what the interview will be looking at? And best of luck with the preparation!

Normal competency based interview - on the AP competencies.

MrsBean wrote: »
    Also not received anything yet, but the results email did say we'd hear by Friday so there's still time.

Are these interviews taking place in PAS or in the digital realm I wonder?

Over zoom.

Normal competency based interview - on the AP competencies.

Grand. Now I have to go back and look at what I submitted in my application form!

Unfortunately mine fell off the stand for no reason mid way through the actual recording! I just picked it up and carried on... hoping it will nearly work in my favour because I didn’t let it throw me... although that might be wishful thinking!!

Oh well done and good recovery! I'm sure you will be absolutely fine.

Oh well done and good recovery! I'm sure you will be absolutely fine.

Thank you, fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Just got my Stage 4 Interview notification - Tuesday 20 October. Looks like they are running interviews over a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

is the E-Tray the same format as two years ago or has it changed? the last time it was write a memo to the A/Sec etc and deal with emails.

No written memo required.
    You have to analyse e-mails in your inbox, prioritise tasks, reply, delegate, schedule meetings but avoid conflicts in your calendar etc. all within a very limited time.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Kicking myself that I didn’t apply for this! Something to work toward for the next round... whenever that might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MrMistoffelees

Anyone apply for Communications Manager AP roles? It’s been 5 weeks since application deadline and no update?!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bob Cratchit

Anyone apply for Communications Manager AP roles? It’s been 5 weeks since application deadline and no update?!

No, not a thing. I’d almost forgotten it

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MrMistoffelees

No, not a thing. I’d almost forgotten it

Me too! A friend mentioned it. Seems like everyone has forgotten about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 batman007

I actually emailed early last week to ask for an update. I received a reply just saying they would forward it on to the relevant department and I haven't heard anything back since!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Had my internal second interview and presentation on Friday. Took 2 hours in total, was exhausted afterwards. No idea how it went and to be honest even if I were to get placed on a panel there is no realistic chance of a vacancy coming up that would suit me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Posting on behalf of my wife (doesn’t have boards account).

I’d really appreciate if someone could answer the below:

“I havn’t done a competency based interview in a long number of years.

Can someone advise please for the AP interview will they go “give us your leadership example”, then questions on that, then they move on to the next competency, and so on through the interview?

Is that how the interview is structured or is it more free form and a flowing discussion?”

Thanks a million in advance !!

Advertisement