Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-09-2020, 15:42   #601
Johnboy1951

Quote:
To get NowTV to cast to Chromecast I need to disable WiFi on the main laptop at home. There are no conflicting IP's on the network.
Maybe try selecting a different wifi channel to see if things would improve for the Chromecast.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-09-2020, 21:34   #602
byte

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogb View Post
Hi,

Since last week when I try cast NowTV from my phone to Chromecast I keep getting
"Viewing Stopped Something's gone wrong. if the problem persists, contact Online Support Team".

I can watch NowTV on my phone and other devices without any issues.
I can watch on Netflix, Youbube on the Chromecast without any issues.

I've reinstalled NowTV on my phone, did a factory reset on my Chromecast and rebooted the modem without any joy.

To get NowTV to cast to Chromecast I need to disable WiFi on the main laptop at home. There are no conflicting IP's on the network.

Anyone experience any similar issues and get it reolved ?

Thanks in advance
Yes!

It's what brought me in here, to see if I'm the only one!

I have contacted NowTV CS, and got this response...

Quote:
Thanks for contacting NOW TV.

With regards to your query.

I would like to inform you that this is an ongoing issue.

Not to worry, I will forward this case to the higher technical team to check and help you further.

You will be contacted via email at the earliest.

Meanwhile I would request you to access the content using the supported devices.

Check on this link to know more on supported devices : https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/wh...o-watch-now-tv
It's not working on two different generation Chromecasts that I have, same error on both.
I'm still waiting for the "higher technical team" to get back to me, I'd say I'll be waiting a long time!
18-09-2020, 23:16   #603
doogb

I managed to get NowTV to cast to Chromecast by going into "Device Setting" on the Chromecast on turning on "Display" Use 50Hz HDMI mode.

Hope this helps.
19-09-2020, 14:49   #604
BurnUp78

Not a great start for now TV.. Subscribed to the sky sports pack for 17 a month at 12pm today and its already crashed twice and some buffering. I have 500mb virgin media broadband and I'm watching on my high end PC so it can't be problems on my end..
19-09-2020, 21:39   #605
byte

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogb View Post
I managed to get NowTV to cast to Chromecast by going into "Device Setting" on the Chromecast on turning on "Display" Use 50Hz HDMI mode.

Hope this helps.
Fair play that you got it working. I've tried it on one Chromecast, but it's the same problem.

I will try the other one tomorrow and maybe some other things and see what happens.

I had considered removing the paired device and re-pairing it, but I think they only allow one pairing change per month.

At least I now know that Now TV can still cast for some, so there's hope
Advertisement
23-09-2020, 22:34   #606
byte

Lo and behold, after replying to the email to say that their "higher technical team" never got back to me to help me further, I try again this evening, and it works!

I had no response to the email, but it's casting now, thankfully!
Thanks from:
25-09-2020, 07:49   #607
redoctober

Has anyone cancelled the 19€ offer and got a lower one for sky sports?
25-09-2020, 08:37   #608
bugsyb4

Quick q my wife signed up to 3 months for €7.50 p/m on entertainment pack which we are halfway through. I got an email offering me entertainment for €5 p/m for 2 months which needs to be taken out by end of month.

If my wife was to cancel now would they still be entitled to take 3rd month payment or does cancellation go through straight away?? Or could I take offer I was given but push the start date to 1st Nov when wife deal is up?
25-09-2020, 15:23   #609
mackersdublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyb4 View Post
Quick q my wife signed up to 3 months for €7.50 p/m on entertainment pack which we are halfway through. I got an email offering me entertainment for €5 p/m for 2 months which needs to be taken out by end of month.

If my wife was to cancel now would they still be entitled to take 3rd month payment or does cancellation go through straight away?? Or could I take offer I was given but push the start date to 1st Nov when wife deal is up?
My understanding would be that the 3 month offer will last for the original 3 month period and if she takes the new 2 month offer, that would start automatically start after the 3 month deal, so 5 months in total

I was on a deal for Sports and was offered another month and it just rolled on for that extra month

Worth checking with them on their chat service
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-09-2020, 16:14   #610
bugsyb4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackersdublin View Post
My understanding would be that the 3 month offer will last for the original 3 month period and if she takes the new 2 month offer, that would start automatically start after the 3 month deal, so 5 months in total

I was on a deal for Sports and was offered another month and it just rolled on for that extra month

Worth checking with them on their chat service
Thanks for reply.

Sorry probably didn't make myself clear 2 different accounts so 2 different offers, my account was the one getting offered 2 months cinema for €10!

On an aside to get the free trials they offer can you use as many email addresses as you like? Have used 2 for Sky Cinema trial but might use a work one to get another free week. Find Now TV entertainment v good but don't think would get the use for Cinema so no interest in paying for it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion