Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Man Gets Hit By a Train - NSFW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Happynappy

I still haven't watched it and I'm not going to, although I have put it on for a few seconds and paused it on a number of ocasions, but copped on and shut it down, I seriously think the thread should be removed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Happynappy wrote: »
    I still haven't watched it and I'm not going to, although I have put it on for a few seconds and paused it on a number of ocasions, but copped on and shut it down, I seriously think the thread should be removed

You made the right choice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

It's probably a good thing to confront mortality at a young age.

Yeah, maybe you're right. After he had seen it he did impressions of how the train hit the man 'POW, UMPPF'........ the little mite! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

tbh wrote: »
    http://www.b3ta.com/links/Man_gets_hit_by_a_Train

Read the comments first and decide whether you want to watch it or not.

To Be Honest the Thank Engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

I've seen lots of horrible things in my life. My brother with what looked like a hundred tubes in him when he was afflicted by encephalitis. A rat swollen with maggots. Man United losing a Champions League Final. But this......I had imagined myself a hardened, cynical man. This video has proved me mistaken. Whoever first got hold of this video should have done the right thing, and not put it up. But they did, and I watched it. I'm not blameless, I know. But I know that I'll be sleepless tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Tomebagel wrote: »
    its not on youtube.

Yes it is. Check if you like.

brummytom wrote: »
    You made the right choice

I have no interest in watching this crap, but curiosity is getting the better of me here, I just to satisfy myself that this is genuine, what second can I click it onto where the train just comes into view, I definitely don't want to see the impact

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I have no interest in watching this crap, but curiosity is getting the better of me here, I just to satisfy myself that this is genuine, what second can I click it onto where the train just comes into view, I definitely don't want to see the impact

But the 'impact' is what makes the video, it wouldnt be much fun if it were just a still of a train in the distance, or 'man nearly gets hit by train'.....booooring! :rolleyes:

:p

Just watch it, it'll scare the be-jaysus out of you, but you'll be relieved I think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

OP reported. This is a new low for Boards.

Next to impossible I'd say to stop it before the carnage as it's so sudden and brutal. Thats part of what's so shocking about it.

I'd just give it a miss if you're not sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

what second can I click it onto where the train just comes into view, I definitely don't want to see the impact

I think that I speak for all of us here when I say that nobody was looking at the timer when that big, blue and iron harbinger of death came looming over the horizon.

• Advertisement

I think that I speak for all of us here when I say that nobody was looking at the timer when that big, blue and iron harbinger of death came looming over the horizon.

Thanks, I think I'll give it a miss after all, as I say this kind of thing has no interest for me at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Jesus Christ. I feel sick :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

That is literally the worst thing I've ever seen.
    For anyone who hasn't seen it:
    DON'T WATCH IT.

Seriously lads, cop the f**k on and remove this disgusting video.
    RIP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Anyone else think they see his shoes fly off his feet under the train on impact... When I clicked on the link, I didn't think it was that bad... I was wrong, I ended up getting sick a little bit in my mouth:(

Duckjob wrote: »
    OP reported. This is a new low for Boards.

Next to impossible I'd say to stop it before the carnage as it's so sudden and brutal. Thats part of what's so shocking about it.

I'd just give it a miss if you're not sure...

Damm it, I tried but I've ended up seeing too much and now i can't unsee it. Its like trying to jump up to just touch your forehead off the door frame, the first few times you miss, but the last time you knock yourself out. Thats kinda like what happened here, curiosity beat me and now I'm paying the price, why couldn't I have just logged off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Damm it, I tried but I've ended up seeing too much and now i can't unsee it. Its like trying to jump up to just touch your forehead off the door frame, the first few times you miss, but the last time you knock yourself out. Thats kinda like what happened here, curiosity beat me and now I'm paying the price, why couldn't I have just logged off

That's what happened to me :(
    Was feeling brave, thinking how bad can it be?
    Answer: horrific.
    Haven't slept properly since. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Look at the eyes of the train driver just before it hits, it's like he has accepted the inevitable and he's actually getting some kind of morbidly fascinated enjoyment out of it. Completely disgusting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Ugh, I barely slept last night. Kept tossing and turning. Damn my curiosity, that was something I didn't need to see. :mad:

I'd expect better from the likes of you tbh, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

i have to say lads, I
    take full responsibilty for my actions on this one.
    so it's not something everyone wants to look

at , at the end of the day it's out there on the internet.

just read the comments and if you think it's something you're going to be
    ok with, take a look. If not, don't.
    keep things in perspective here and remember
    everyone is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

normally this is something you have to see to believe it... or something inside you wants to look at this, not for some sick enjoyment but more curiousity.

on this occasion im glad i managed to steer clear but judging by peoples reactions this must be the most horrid thing ever shown on the net. has it been verified as real? any locals news stories on it anywhere on the net?

edit: it took some will power!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

jon1981 wrote: »
    normally this is something you have to see to believe it... or something inside you wants to look at this, not for some sick enjoyment but more curiousity.

on this occasion im glad i managed to steer clear but judging by peoples reactions this must be the most horrid thing ever shown on the net. has it been verified as real? any locals news stories on it anywhere on the net?

edit: it took some will power!

Morbid curiosity is not the same as sick enjoyment.
    There has been no reference to the location so no link to the story has been found yet despite searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

tbh wrote: »
    i have to say lads, I
    take full responsibilty for my actions on this one.
    so it's not something everyone wants to look

at , at the end of the day it's out there on the internet.

just read the comments and if you think it's something you're going to be
    ok with, take a look. If not, don't.
    keep things in perspective here and remember
    everyone is different.

Using the "it's already on the internet" defense doesn't cut it IMO. Lots of bad taste stuff out there. Boards should be maintaining some level of taste and decency.

Apart from anything else, some sensitivity and regard should be shown towards the relatives of the poor soul involved.

Why are the AH mods allowing this to run ? How would any of them feel to see clips being bandied around showing that sort of violence being visited on a member of their family? It actually looks like the train is attacking him at one point.

I don't think i've ever been AS disturbed by anything I've seen, and I've seen a lot.

OK. Fess up. Who gave this thread 5 stars? Come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

That was some sick shít. Haven't slept right since I watched it and tbh didn't even want to post in this thread. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

jumpguy wrote: »
    and tbh didn't even want to post in this thread. :(

I think he did; he started it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Where and when did this incident/accident take place??? I watched 5 seconds before chickening out, drank a glass of baileys and dont want to be wiping baileys lined vomit off my monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

DonJose wrote: »
    Where and when did this incident/accident take place??? I watched 5 seconds before chickening out, drank a glass of baileys and dont want to be wiping baileys lined vomit off my monitor.

You should have seen where the head landed ! Choo choo.

Guys can we please stop bumping this thread, despite many posters reporting this thread as offensive and numerous requests to have the thread removed, the mods for some reason are not doing so, not only should the thread be locked but it should be removed altogether IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Guys can we please stop bumping this thread, despite many posters reporting this thread as offensive and numerous requests to have the thread removed, the mods for some reason are not doing so, not only should the thread be locked but it should be removed altogether IMO

I agree, it's a trainwreck if ever I saw one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

TheZohan wrote: »
    I agree, it's a trainwreck if ever I saw one.
    You're on the right track there, we are looking into it.

Advertisement