Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SHEIN returns - BEWARE

• 15-07-2020 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

I bought about 75euros worth of items from Shein over the lockdown for me and my 2 daughters. Most items were perfect and good value but some just did not fit so was looking to return them. Their returns process is awful.
    First you have to contact them to open a ticket for the return. They get back to you with the procedure. You have to tick the items from your order to return and then depending on the weight (over or under 1kg) they give you a return label. So you have to weight your items :( They deduct a fee to use the label. In my case my returns parcel was under 1kg so i had to pay 4.50 which was fine. Until... i went to the post office and they wouldn't accept it. I went back to customer service and they advised it has to be done via Postnord or Bpost. After a quick google i found nothing really except very bad reviews on their service and they are based in Belgium/Scandi anyway. So i went back to Shein and said i wasnt happy to use them and they said i would have to pay for the return myself to Belgium. It will cost 11euros.

Anyway just a warning for anyone if buying. I found their customer service very good in terms of quick responses and being very polite and trying to help but the actual procedure is so laborious and actually dosent seem to be supported here by our postal service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Hi paddlepop, interesting to hear your thoughts on Shein- I too made my first purchase with them over the lockdown and had heard bad stories about the returns process- I knew it had to be sent to Belgium.

They definitely make it difficult to get the returns label into your hand- took me ages to track it down via their website/online chat etc. When I did print it out, it was big and looked weird, not like a normal barcode you'd use with An Post. However, my local post office scanned and accepted the parcel without any issues, which surprised me a bit!

Still haven't received notification that they've received my return though, so the saga isn't over yet!

Advertisement