Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Low pressure in Loreto Nutgrove

Options
  • 02-03-2020 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hello.

I have put up with low water pressure for more than 2 years. Replaced shower pump and washing machine as a result. I cannot have a shower this morning as a one hour or more storage tank refill time is required. 60 to 90 seconds to fill a 2 liter bottle from the kitchen sink. This issue affects the whole block I live in but not the adjacent block. If you could please explain why our pressure has been reduced and your plan to resolve, I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

dubguy45 wrote: »
    Hello.

I have put up with low water pressure for more than 2 years. Replaced shower pump and washing machine as a result. I cannot have a shower this morning as a one hour or more storage tank refill time is required. 60 to 90 seconds to fill a 2 liter bottle from the kitchen sink. This issue affects the whole block I live in but not the adjacent block. If you could please explain why our pressure has been reduced and your plan to resolve, I would be very grateful.

One massive leak in the mains by the sounds of it!!

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi dubguy45,
    Hello.

We're really sorry to hear that. There are mains repairs taking place in Dublin 14 today until 3:20pm. You can see more information in relation to this here.

Would this be in close proximity to you? If your cold kitchen tap is affected and you feel like these works aren't the cause of the supply disruptions you are experiencing, please send a PM with the following details and we can investigate this matter for you:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact number.

Thanks,
    Allanah

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

Thank you Allanah. I will send you the requested information. The issue is going on too long to consider current repairs to be a cause. I have left it far to long to hightlight this issue but I believe other neighbours have contacted you to no avail. I trust that from here we can work together for a solution.

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi dubguy45,
    Thank you Allanah. I will send you the requested information. The issue is going on too long to consider current repairs to be a cause. I have left it far to long to hightlight this issue but I believe other neighbours have contacted you to no avail. I trust that from here we can work together for a solution.

We have received your PM and a member of our team will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Allanah

Hi dubguy45,

We have received your PM and a member of our team will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Allanah
    Hi. Its now August, and despite many requests to address my issue, I have been ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 36 Verified rep Irish Water: Rebecca

Hi dubguy45,

Thanks,
    Allanah
    Hi. Its now August, and despite many requests to address my issue, I have been ignored.
    Hi there, 

Thanks for messaging us. Could you PM us with your name, contact number and address and we will follow up on this? 

Thanks, 
    Rebecca

Hello Rebecca.

Thank you for tour response.

I was given a reference number last March. Your engineers arrived on the morning of my Mothers funeral, 28.02 20, and I apologiesed to them for not being able to deal with them at that time. They never returned. I recieved three support phone calls in early March and nothing since. I have sent a PM to Irish Water from here  most  months since last May requesting an update.

Can you please confirm that Irish Water do not know who I am, where I live or the issue I have. This would be a concern

Thanks,
    Peter.

Hello Rebecca.

I was given a reference number last March. Your engineers arrived on the morning of my Mothers funeral, 28.02 20, and I apologiesed to them for not being able to deal with them at that time. They never returned. I recieved three support phone calls in early March and nothing since. I have sent a PM to Irish Water from here  most  months since last May requesting an update.

Can you please confirm that Irish Water do not know who I am, where I live or the issue I have. This would be a concern

Thanks,
    Peter.
    Hi Peter,

You are very welcome :)

In order to discuss this further and to look into it, I will need you to PM us with your name, contact number and address please? 

Thank you in advance, 
    Rebecca

Hello Rebecca.

Thanks,
    Peter.
    Hi Peter,

In order to discuss this further and to look into it, I will need you to PM us with your name, contact number and address please? 

Thank you in advance, 
    Rebecca
    Hello Rebecca.

I will PM my reference number now. Please let me know if you cannot access my case file from that please.

Hello Rebecca.

Thanks,
    Peter.
    Hi Peter,

Thank you in advance, 
    Rebecca
    Hello Rebecca.

I will PM my reference number now. Please let me know if you cannot access my case file from that please.
    Hello.

Can I please ask if this information from Irish Water Customer Handbook CER/15/010 is correct and currently valid, considering that I raised my issue in February 2019.

Regards.

9.2.3 Where a customer has notified Irish Water of a fault on an Irish Water asset Irish Water
    are obliged to respond to the customer within 2 working days and give an outline of
    Irish Water’s planned action in relation to the fault. 

9.6 Water pressure
    9.6.1 Where a customer experiences reduced water pressure the customer can request an
    investigation into reduced pressure. Irish Water shall supply information as to the likely
    cause of the pressure reduction or agree to investigate the cause within 5 working days
    and communicate this to the customer directly. If after investigation the cause of the
    reduced pressure is likely to be as a result of leak on the customers assets Irish Water
    will highlight this to the customer. Where a customer is suffering reduced pressure as a
    result of Irish Water activity or Irish Water’s assets Irish water will give advice within 10
    working days as to how they intend to rectify the situation (where possible). 

• Advertisement

Hello Rebecca.

Thanks,
    Peter.
    Hi Peter,

Thank you in advance, 
    Rebecca
    Hello Rebecca.

Hello.

Can I please ask if this information from Irish Water Customer Handbook CER/15/010 is correct and currently valid, considering that I raised my issue in February 2019.

Regards.

9.2.3 Where a customer has notified Irish Water of a fault on an Irish Water asset Irish Water
    are obliged to respond to the customer within 2 working days and give an outline of
    Irish Water’s planned action in relation to the fault. 

9.6 Water pressure
    9.6.1 Where a customer experiences reduced water pressure the customer can request an
    investigation into reduced pressure. Irish Water shall supply information as to the likely
    cause of the pressure reduction or agree to investigate the cause within 5 working days
    and communicate this to the customer directly. If after investigation the cause of the
    reduced pressure is likely to be as a result of leak on the customers assets Irish Water
    will highlight this to the customer. Where a customer is suffering reduced pressure as a
    result of Irish Water activity or Irish Water’s assets Irish water will give advice within 10
    working days as to how they intend to rectify the situation (where possible). 
    Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch. We have requested an update on the above information. As soon as we receive an update we will be in touch.

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Hello Rebecca.

It is almost one year since I asked  for assistance. I will post a new request by next weekend and lets just forget about this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Irish Water: Dylan

Hello Rebecca.

It is almost one year since I asked  for assistance. I will post a new request by next weekend and lets just forget about this one.
    Hi there, 

If you are experiencing a disruption at the moment, please PM us the details of this matter and a member of our team will look into this for you. 

Thanks, 
    Dylan 

Advertisement