Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BJJ in city Centre

• 15-02-2007 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I just saw a little poster for BJJ with Daniel Matraca in the city centre (sackville place).

He left a phone number on it but nothing else about times and days. I'll give him a ring tomorrow and see what the story is. Anyone else heard about him?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭ShaneT

BJJ Black Belt from Brazil. Into MMA. Very nice guy. Doesn't speak much english - doesn't really need it. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I might pop down to his class if possible so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

whats his number?
    id love to see what all the fuss about this is...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ShayC

Would be interested in hearing more about this. Can you post the training times if you get them please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 scoob

I'd be interested in any info too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

Me three,

I'd love somewhere to learn BJJ in town coz it's a pain in de A hole to travel out to places in rush hour - Sackville eh?....must find where that is...someone post the times if they can.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Sackville place is off the former, sackville st. which is now O'connel st. You know the street with all the taxi's? Turn at the sony centre. Don't know where that dudes place is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

There's a dance school on that street somewhere, maybe the classes are in there.

There's also a branch of DIT, maybe they have a gym there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭ShaneT

It's in the dance school. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

anybody know the times or his number

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

*taps foot* :confused:

texted him and he said he'd text me next week what times the classes are on. presumably some teething problems. i won't post his number up just yet cos i don't have his permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

knocked in to that dance school in sackville place today after work,

- inquired about the class...the girls there told me he took the ad down coz his first class had low numbers......not enough people saw the ad quick enough......hope you text him n tell him there's a bit of interest on boards now which he should check out and maybe he can round up a few of us and give a class to kick things off coz I bet there's a few out there like me who want to do a bit of bjj without having to travel out of town after work...or whatever.
    ....just an idea !

I told him there were around 10 people interested. If/when he texts me this week I'll further explain that.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ShayC

I would imagine there are also people who commute into the city and would love to train during their lunch break or maybe straight after work. Might be worth suggesting to him. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭astfgl

Can you find out how much it is and for how many classes as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

Hey, can you ask him if this is no-gi or gi?

It's about 5 minutes from my gaf.

Peace

Actually, the training is on in Pinnacle gym (mickks from fitness forum gym).

a3_pinnacle.jpg

What days and what times I haven't been able to deduce.

his email is danielmatracajiu @ hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Leo?

Damn, sackville place would have been so handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Daniel has said that he would like to teach classes in my new gym but the studio is not quite ready yet so the times are not yet set. I am waiting for the tatami mats and cage section for the room, 3-4 weeks.
    Will keep you posted...

• Anyone know where I can find more info on this guy? Googled his name and cant find anything. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Thanks for the update, keep em comin :)

Northside city centre would've been handier for me too, off Camden St wouldn't be bad though.

camden street would be great for me...its only around the corner from where i work..

anyone hear anything more about this?

Other than he won't be starting for another few weeks no.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Will there be lunchtime classes? I'd make the walk for this (I work up by Guinness. Reckon I could make it in 20 minutes or less.).

guinness to camden street in 20 mins walk? Doubt it. NO ideas about times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

guinness to camden street in 20 mins walk? Doubt it. NO ideas about times.

I reckon it'd be about right for me. I'm a very fast walker. I generally do connolly station to guinness in 28-30 minutes (have done it in 25 under pressure).

I can cut through the liberties and up by kevin street.

I'm definitely interested. I'd take a long lunch and work late to attend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 nirish

TTT for info on times and locations for these classes.

i am very very interested in them

cheers

Advertisement