Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJI Mini 2 (No Longer Called DJI Mavic Mini 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

DJI press event tomorrow so expect it then.

https://twitter.com/DJIGlobal/status/1323625982071373825?s=20

Would have been nice to see a Mavic 3, no update in over 2 years now.
    First Mavic mini was released only 11 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

DJI press event tomorrow so expect it then.

https://twitter.com/DJIGlobal/status/1323625982071373825?s=20

Would have been nice to see a Mavic 3, no update in over 2 years now.
    First Mavic mini was released only 11 months ago.

Did you get the first mini? Any thoughts?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I had a spark before but got rid of it Very soon after buying. I made the mistake of not getting the flymore combo and found the range on the phone useless. I only bought it for mucking around and playing with the kids etc. I most likely would have kept it had I got the controller.

Recently been considering getting another drone to bring a bit of entertainment to lockdown and boring weeks with little work on my plate.

One cool feature On the spark was the follow me mode. The mini Mavic doesn’t have it, whispers the mini 2 might, but probably not. If it had it, I’d seriously consider it. Other than that I’m not sure that I’d see it worth buying ahead of the mini 1. The signal will be better, but for an amateur buying a toy, probably not worth the price difference..... any thoughts?

The only other feature I’d like to see on it which I don’t believe the mini 1 had when stacked up against the spark was the anti crash sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

madmoe wrote: »
    Did you get the first mini? Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Never had one myself. Just using it as an example of a pretty new drone already getting an update.

I own a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian, Mavic Pro Platinum and a Yuneec Q500 4k (which I might be selling ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Its on the DJI store now
    20% price jump on the flymore from the original - gone from € 500 to € 600

https://store.dji.com/ie/product/mini-2?vid=99411

• Advertisement

Tweaky wrote: »
    Its on the DJI store now
    20% price jump on the flymore from the original - gone from € 500 to € 600

https://store.dji.com/ie/product/mini-2?vid=99411

Expensive enough!!

No tracking on it :(
    No anti crash.

I think For the price difference I’d stick with the mini 1. Might have a look around for a Black Friday deal on it, do people think we’ll see them drop the price on the 1 to shift them out?

Others thing, I read somewhere that you use a different app to control the mavic mini and not the standard dji go 4 app, and it’s not as good. Anyone got any feedback regarding that and if the mini 2 has gone with the go 4 app?

I never had the first mini. A FIMI X8 SE 2020 arrived like this from Banggood this morning so I am definitely going with the mini 2 once I get a full refund on the FIMI!!

https://youtu.be/p_LU9MXqPuk

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 17,626 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Thinking of getting one for the new year, the price difference vs the Air 2 is whats enticing me but im slightly wary due to lack of obstacle avoidance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I read as much as I could on the mini 2 and I couldn’t see anything that made me want to buy it over the original mini and so I went with it instead.

From reviews it looks like flying time per battery might be slightly less than the mini as the battery is slightly smaller (not sure if that’s physically or capacity or possibly both) to make room for the additional sensors.

I haven’t got to fly my mini yet as it’s an Xmas present from my wife to me that I picked out for myself. It’s my first proper drone, had a parrot drone which I crashed on the 5 or 6 flight and killed it so looking forward to this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I read as much as I could on the mini 2 and I couldn’t see anything that made me want to buy it over the original mini and so I went with it instead.

From reviews it looks like flying time per battery might be slightly less than the mini as the battery is slightly smaller (not sure if that’s physically or capacity or possibly both) to make room for the additional sensors.

I haven’t got to fly my mini yet as it’s an Xmas present from my wife to me that I picked out for myself. It’s my first proper drone, had a parrot drone which I crashed on the 5 or 6 flight and killed it so looking forward to this one.

I got the Mini 2 as a Christmas present too and got a chance to fly it yesterday, was very impressed.

One on the main difference to it's predecessor is the OcuSync 2.0. The mavic mini only has wifi. So the transmission range is all round better and much stronger.

Maysa07 wrote: »
    I got the Mini 2 as a Christmas present too and got a chance to fly it yesterday, was very impressed.

One on the main difference to it's predecessor is the OcuSync 2.0. The mavic mini only has wifi. So the transmission range is all round better and much stronger.

I flew mine for the first time on Sunday and was very impressed by it. I had already bought range extenders from AliExpress and was using them. I got 1800m range before I got a weak signal warning. I know I could have pushed it to 2km easily but I decided to bring it home as I didn't want to lose it on its first outing. I didn't try it with out the range extenders to see how far I can get but will do once we get another calm day.

Like I said its my 1st proper drone and I'm delighted with it so far.

I flew mine for the first time on Sunday and was very impressed by it. I had already bought range extenders from AliExpress and was using them. I got 1800m range before I got a weak signal warning. I know I could have pushed it to 2km easily but I decided to bring it home as I didn't want to lose it on its first outing. I didn't try it with out the range extenders to see how far I can get but will do once we get another calm day.

Like I said its my 1st proper drone and I'm delighted with it so far.

Just curious, when it was 2KM away from you could you still see it?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Cheers,
    M

No, you can't. Once it's about 200m away, it's very hard to spot or even hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Strongly thinking of getting my first drone and looking at the Mini 2. No idea where to buy drones in Ireland except for Drone works in Galway and they are out of stock. Any good online shops I could try or just buy direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

etxp wrote: »
    Strongly thinking of getting my first drone and looking at the Mini 2. No idea where to buy drones in Ireland except for Drone works in Galway and they are out of stock. Any good online shops I could try or just buy direct?

Some people on here have made the point in trying to buy local and I can understand that - but if you're having no luck, buying direct from DJI is fine.

Also, I'd recommend the Combo pack as 1 battery is never enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

I got mine from the Apple store, it was the best price for the fly more combo when I purchased.

Cheers,
    M

No I lost sight of it after approx 400m. I had been watching it but then looked down at my phone screen and couldn’t see it when I looked back up 5 seconds later.

I got mine from the Apple store, it was the best price for the fly more combo when I purchased.

seems to be the cheapest at the moment too. Mad how they can sell it cheaper than DJI.

No I lost sight of it after approx 400m. I had been watching it but then looked down at my phone screen and couldn’t see it when I looked back up 5 seconds later.

Has happened me a few times, exactly the same thing, put the s**ts right up me! Then I remember to breathe and steady myself ;-) and get that bird home!

• Advertisement

I pulled the trigger and went for the Mini 2 from Apple, Fly More package. We have a group scheme at work so got a discount on the price.
    Delivery is Wednesday so hopefully the weather clears up for then. Very excited to get it :D

Just need to get a SD card now.

seems to be the cheapest at the moment too. Mad how they can sell it cheaper than DJI.

ah but they are not
    Apple is €588.82
    DJI is €600
    but you can get a 5% discount code from DJI by signing up to their mail
    so that brings it down to €570

Seve OB wrote: »
    ah but they are not
    Apple is €588.82
    DJI is €600
    but you can get a 5% discount code from DJI by signing up to their mail
    so that brings it down to €570

In the small print of that mail for this coupon it said the Mini 2 was excluded from the 5% or did i read it wrong?

In the small print of that mail for this coupon it said the Mini 2 was excluded from the 5% or did i read it wrong?

not sure actually, but worth trying and see what happens

my phone is not compatible with the app and ive a new iPhone pro ordered since november (still haven't received it :( ) so im waiting till i get that to order

i request coupon a while ago and just realise its expired :(

plan was to just sign up with a different email address but maybe it won't work as you say

looked up the voucher on email and yes you seem to be correct as i imagine it will fall under other newly launched, so my apologies on that. however might be worth to some interested in buying a slightly older product, the mini 1 will qualify

Coupon Usage:
    The coupon can be used to purchase DJI product from the DJI Online Store (Except for DJI OM 4, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Osmo Mobile 3, Tello EDU and their accessories, other newly launched or low stock products). To view the supported product list, log in to your DJI account, click My Account, My Coupons, followed by Use Now;
    The coupon code can only be used for one product. If multiple products are added in a single order, the coupon will only be applicable for the most expensive item;
    The coupon is valid for 30 days from the time you receive it;

Seve OB wrote: »
    looked up the voucher on email and yes you seem to be correct as i imagine it will fall under other newly launched, so my apologies on that. however might be worth to some interested in buying a slightly older product, the mini 1 will qualify

I am pretty sure the 5% off works on the Mavic Air 2, great drone as well!

Cheers,
    Mark

Trying to PM you Seve but your inbox is full.

Trying to PM you Seve but your inbox is full.

just seen that actually... sorted now

Mini 2 got delivered yesterday but the memory card isn't being delivered until today. Typical when its a gorgeous morning that would have been great to get it out in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

I got a DJI Mini 2 for Christmas and it's a great little drone. I'm repeatedly impressed by the quality of the photos and videos.
    As it's under 250g, do I need to register with IAA?

Advertisement