Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how often are you entitled to hse glasses voucher

• 10-10-2013 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My daughter is for she has had the same prescription for her glasses since 2009 they are badly scratched I rang hse for voucher and they told me I'm not entitled to another one as her prescription hasn't changed??? I've heard from other people you get 1 a year?? Anyone no anything trying to find out anything is like getting blood from a stone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭blackeyedpeat

Assuming your child is in primary school. Normally you get an annual examination with a voucher for your specs. You can normally get an additional voucher for broken/replacement specs to the same prescription once a year.
    In cases of no change the ophthalmologist normally issues the voucher anyhow or at least asks if you need a voucher. I would ask for the voucher and if refused say that the specs are too small and beyond use after 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 _gossip_girl_

HI, Sorry, just a questions... when are you entitled to the voucher for glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Resurrecting an old thread......however....
    Was wondering about this HSE eye voucher too. For my child we saw one pair in one glasses shop and another pair in another shop. We were going to get both. Can we get a voucher from both shops? I'm not getting the buy one get one free.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Resurrecting an old thread......however....
    Was wondering about this HSE eye voucher too. For my child we saw one pair in one glasses shop and another pair in another shop. We were going to get both. Can we get a voucher from both shops? I'm not getting the buy one get one free.

No you can't get two vouchers in one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Thanks for the reply. I think I messed up. The first shop I was in, I said I'll be back at the weekend, but in the meantime they sent off for the HSE voucher. I thought they'd hold the form until I definitely came back. Then I went to another shop in the meantime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement