Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrtm17

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Similar situation. Heading away on the 2nd of May last payment due 18th April no ideato cancel or pay and hope they cancel

I know ,its hard to know
    They havnt responded to any messages over sent them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Paid for return flights to UK at start of April for two of us.
    Planes are Stobart Air.
    Does that mean Are Lingus will be issuing a refund.
    Already got the email about vouchers but that was before Stobart pulled out.
    Haven't applied for the vouchers yet but thinking I'd rather a refund.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

blade1 wrote: »
    Paid for return flights to UK at start of April for two of us.
    Planes are Stobart Air.
    Does that mean Are Lingus will be issuing a refund.
    Already got the email about vouchers but that was before Stobart pulled out.
    Haven't applied for the vouchers yet but thinking I'd rather a refund.
    Same position in mid-April! Let me know if you hear anything. I was going to get the voucher but a refund would be better again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

ixoy wrote: »
    Same position in mid-April! Let me know if you hear anything. I was going to get the voucher but a refund would be better again.

If was sold as Aer Lingus Regional, then its a Aer Lingus ticket, so you go to them for refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Aer Lingus: Twitter is going mad.... Lots of people complaining that they're only being offered the change of date / voucher + 10% rather than a refund for CANCELLED flights.

We're in the same boat. Got the e-mail as above. Cannot contact them by phone / Facebook / Twitter. One-way flight DUB - BCN on Mar 26.

Purchased on the credit card. Unsure whether to:
    1) Chargeback on credit card
    2) Claim off insurance (no excess)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Aer Lingus: Twitter is going mad.... Lots of people complaining that they're only being offered the change of date / voucher + 10% rather than a refund for CANCELLED flights.

We're in the same boat. Got the e-mail as above. Cannot contact them by phone / Facebook / Twitter. One-way flight DUB - BCN on Mar 26.

A friend of mine refused to select either option and the refund money just went back into her account, but that was a couple of days after the flight had been due to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is the refund option always there, or only in certain circumstances? I have a flight next month and I see a refund option.

Is there an admin charge to refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

The airlines want you to rebook or take the voucher to keep your cash

They all should offer a refund if you opt not to take the above options

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

After Googling (and finding) the refund form, AL finally got back (via Facebook) with the link.

Here it is, may be of use for others: https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/disrupted-flight-refund-form/

After Googling (and finding) the refund form, AL finally got back (via Facebook) with the link.

Here it is, may be of use for others: https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/disrupted-flight-refund-form/

Thanks for that!
    I'm claiming for two fights and even though you can enter two on that form, there is only a box for 1 booking reference.
    Should I do two separate claims?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

Thanks for that!
    I'm claiming for two fights and even though you can enter two on that form, there is only a box for 1 booking reference.
    Should I do two separate claims?

Would Aerlingus refund everything now that they gave cancelled flightg?
    Or are there admin fees or particular condition?

turniton wrote: »
    Would Aerlingus refund everything now that they gave cancelled flightg?
    Or are there admin fees or particular condition?

I've requested refunds on two flights now.
    Entitled to full refund if the flights are grounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

How long do Aer Lingus take to process refunds? I requested a refund over 2 weeks ago.

What is the best way to chase Aer Lingus on this if needed?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

If/When flights resume, that extra 10% might not cover the same flights previously chosen. They've got your money, and they can adjust prices upwards to recoup some of the losses experienced. I'm opting for a refund for mine, so I can choose the best flights for the money in the future.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm looking for a refund but when I search for the flights on Aer Lingus, it says "Sold Out". That's not the case - Stobart Air have grounded all international flights. I've got no e-mail though about it being actually cancelled and I'm due to fly in under three weeks.

Am I entitled to a refund even if I've got no official communication about it being cancelled despite it being mentioned in the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Im booked on a flight to Spain 31st May - Im not going but If i apply for refund does anyone know how much you get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Im booked on a flight to Spain 31st May - Im not going but If i apply for refund does anyone know how much you get ?

It needs to actually be cancelled for a refund. Have you been notified that it's been cancelled?

I'm assuming that full refunds are issued - having said that, I applied on 17/3 for a refund for a cancelled flight, and have heard not a dicky bird about it yet. I'm hoping it'll eventually come through, but have no great expectations!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It needs to actually be cancelled for a refund. Have you been notified that it's been cancelled?

I'm assuming that full refunds are issued - having said that, I applied on 17/3 for a refund for a cancelled flight, and have heard not a dicky bird about it yet. I'm hoping it'll eventually come through, but have no great expectations!

Check your spam.
    That's where my refund being processed notification went.

Check your spam.
    That's where my refund being processed notification went.
    Yes, I got an email acknowledgement and case reference number - nothing since though.

Not surprisingly, really!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Yes, I got an email acknowledgement and case reference number - nothing since though.

Not surprisingly, really!

Has anyone followed up on their refund? and if so how did they contact Aer Lingus? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Applied for a refund 8 days, got the email their processing it but no voucher yet.

Anyone else waited this long? Its US and for 520 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭numbernine

Flight isnt cancelled to America, any chance of a refund? Did anyone get one instead of a voucher or through a TA?

Applied for a refund 8 days, got the email their processing it but no voucher yet.

Anyone else waited this long? Its US and for 520 dollars.
    I applied on 17/3, got the confirmation email, but no refund yet (Europe, a lot less than that)

To be honest, with basically the entire world's fleet grounded so no income, I honestly can't see how everyone can get a refund.....

I got an email into my spam folder this morning though - someone is jumping on the bandwagon of anxious (non-)flyers :mad: - beware!! I'm sure they're banking on a few anxious customers clicking on the link......
    Dear customer,

It's time to celebrate!
    We're delighted to announce that we've reached our silver anniversary. 25 years ago, we sold our first ticket - and we haven't stopped since then! It's been an amazing time for us, and we're so pleased to start our celebrations off with a bang!

To mark these 25 years, we're inviting you to an exclusive celebration. A lucky few of our loyal customers will receive this special link.
    Follow it and, for just 10 Eur, you'll be able to download our anniversary voucher.

This voucher is valid for a full year, and can be used to book a pair of flight tickets to a destination of your choice.
    You and your loved one can enjoy a holiday anywhere in the world.
    Whether you're snuggling up in a log cabin after a day on the slopes, or sipping piña coladas on an exotic beach, just make sure to raise a glass to our anniversary!

(followed by a link, which I obv haven't included)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Flying to Orlando on June 1st, Did anyone get any communications for a flight that far out?

Irishder wrote: »
    Flying to Orlando on June 1st, Did anyone get any communications for a flight that far out?

I'd say they're far too busy dealing with what's in front of them.

I'd also guess there's very little chance of you flyingon that date - but you won't hear about that until much nearer the time. That's just my gut feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

We have a flight on the 7th of April (so a week tomorrow) from Berlin to Dublin and back 2 weeks later. It is about €600 worth.

We have just had the email offering flight change or voucher but the flight still shows as ready for check in.

Clearly we can't go. I won't risk bringing the virus to my elderly mother who is socially isolating.

Does anyone know if this flight is likely to depart? I know Ryanair published a list of a handful of key routes that would continue to be flown and the DUB-BER route was on that list but I've seen nothing similar for Aer Lingus.

If I knew the flights were likely to depart I would apply for the voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

they emailed me on the 26th March to tell me my return flight home from US on 18 March wasnt operating and offered me a refund or the voucher craic, asked for the refund

as far as theyre aware im stuck in America

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭GLCC

Due to fly from Cork to Bristol on Thursday. I didn't get an email yet to say that my flight has been cancelled but when i go to manage my flight it says
    'We're sorry but it is not possible to manage this booking. Please contact our helpdesk.'
    Do I need to apply for a refund or will it be automatically processed once the flight is cancelled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Regarding the vouchers... I applied for mine 2-3 weeks ago. As I didn’t revive a confirmation email or anything and was still getting the check in emails from them I rang and got through the day before flight was due to leave. The representative told me that they have been really crazy busy (which I can only imagine) and that a
    Couple weeks ago there were no confirmation emails going out at all. But so long as when you applied for the voucher and the screen said successfully submitted you’re fine. I actually always take a screen shot at this part for proof so I have my proof. She was very nice and said the vouchers could take weeks to come through but to try not worried as things are just taking a long time to be processed at the minute.

I then got an email from aerlingus last Wednesday: (this was 2 weeks after applying for voucher.

Thank you for your
    voucher request

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your voucher request. Your booking has been cancelled and you do not need to take any further action.

Your Aer Lingus voucher - plus 10% - will be sent to you shortly. Due to the large number of people changing their travel plans, there may be a slight delay.

We’ll be sending one voucher per booking so the person who made the booking will receive the voucher.

Vouchers are issued for flights booked via aerlingus.com only. If you made your booking via a travel agent, please contact your agent who’ll help you with changing your flight.

We look forward to welcoming you on board – when it works for you.

The Aer Lingus team

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

JTMan wrote: »
    How long do Aer Lingus take to process refunds? I requested a refund over 2 weeks ago.

What is the best way to chase Aer Lingus on this if needed?

Thanks.

They told me on Twitter it takes 10-15 working days. which is funny because on the 7th march I cancelled a flight going to AMS leaving on the 10th March, by the 11th March I had an email stating the refund was processed. On the 17th March I cancelled a flight going to AGP leaving on the 13th April, and having gotten anything back other than the case reference number email.

I'll give it the full 15 working days before contacting again, their staff are probably working their asses off and dealing with the dregs of society.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement