Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Autosport wrote: »
    Ooohhhh :P well in Kilkenny it's sunny :P

Kitchenside

Here’s hoping that sun makes its way down here by this afternoon, have lots of sitting gardenside planned for my days off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Ar an leaba. Legs sore from the gym yesterday so I’m planning on taking it handy before work. Today is car inspection day and I’m slightly apprehensive, I love that car so much I really want everything to come back okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Gary Uninterested Dashboard

I'd a brilliant backpack run around Portmarnock (and the beach) in the pissing rain last night, went home and died a death.

So just up from a brilliant sleep (I'd still be asleep if Richo hadn't wanted to jump into bed beside me).

Day 4 without coffee, I'd LOVE a cup but I'll hold out.. So, porridge and since I've taken a few days leave with nothing to do I might head down to the beach with Richo for a stroll.

484977.jpg

I love the tough runs when they're of my choosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Waiting to go for my interview... really tired so trying to keep perky! Wish I liked coffee!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waiting to go for my interview... really tired so trying to keep perky! Wish I liked coffee!!

Best of luck!

Deskside with coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I'd a brilliant backpack run around Portmarnock (and the beach) in the pissing rain last night, went home and died a death.

So just up from a brilliant sleep (I'd still be asleep if Richo hadn't wanted to jump into bed beside me).

Day 4 without coffee, I'd LOVE a cup but I'll hold out.. So, porridge and since I've taken a few days leave with nothing to do I might head down to the beach with Richo for a stroll.

484977.jpg

I love the tough runs when they're of my choosing.

It's good to sweat, would you listen to music while running?

Seanachai wrote: »
    It's good to sweat, would you listen to music while running?

Yup, depending on the type of run I'll listen to anything from house to metal.

Last night was going to be a longer slow run so it was 50 Cent.

I hate running without music, cycling is the same. I listen to music cycling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Having a coffee in a lovely little cafe in my mums hometown in Mayo and listening to Dermot Kennedy. Came to visit her grave, put down some lovely lillies and just tidied it up a bit.

Heading home soon and gotta start packing for my holliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Having a coffee in a lovely little cafe in my mums hometown in Mayo and listening to Dermot Kennedy. Came to visit her grave, put down some lovely roses and just tidied it up a bit.

Some people don't get grave visiting but I find it the most peaceful thing to do. I get great pleasure from visiting my dad's grave - just wish I could visit it more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭4Ad

Having a coffee in a lovely little cafe in my mums hometown in Mayo and listening to Dermot Kennedy. Came to visit her grave, put down some lovely roses and just tidied it up a bit.

Some people don't get grave visiting but I find it the most peaceful thing to do. I get great pleasure from visiting my dad's grave - just wish I could visit it more often.

I visit my mothers grave at least twice a week for a little chat.I live close by so it's easier...it's a beautiful spot..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭4Ad

Having a beer in a place called Mojstrana, Slovenia, came to rent a bicycle, all sold out..and I passed loads of places in the place I am staying, booked another nights accomadation, one less headache..
    I got up early and did a long off road run (Tamarju in Planica) stunning..no wonder the beer is gone to my head..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In the breeziest cinema in the west..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Yup, depending on the type of run I'll listen to anything from house to metal.

Last night was going to be a longer slow run so it was 50 Cent.

I hate running without music, cycling is the same. I listen to music cycling too.

You might like this,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Good luck!

I’m in the kitchen, just off the phone from the engineer who was inspecting the car. Few small issues but nothing major. He said for the price I probably wouldn’t get much better which I’m happy enough to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Feeling sad. Just found out a girl I was friends with in school died. Haven't seen her in a few years but she was so lovely.

Her poor husband lost his first wife, a toddler daughter, mother-in-law and his unborn twins in the Omagh bombing and my friend was Stepmom to his other children.

Just hard to fathom how someone survives something like that. Those poor kids have lost 2 mammies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Alayna Faithful Switchboard

About to head off to a 90th Birthday Afternoon Tea celebration for a dear old friend.

Witchie wrote: »
    Feeling sad. Just found out a girl I was friends with in school died. Haven't seen her in a few years but she was so lovely.

Her poor husband lost his first wife, a toddler daughter, mother-in-law and his unborn twins in the Omagh bombing and my friend was Stepmom to his other children.

Just hard to fathom how someone survives something like that. Those poor kids have lost 2 mammies.

Sorry to hear about your friend, that's awful.

And the poor man & his children, and those two ugly words 'Omagh bombing' will forever send chills through anyone who remembers those days.

Thankfully we're more resilient than we give ourselves credit for and your friend will get through this and hopefully find love and companionship again.

I'm not in the least bit religious but I'll certainly give that poor man and his children some thoughts from beautiful Portmarnock beach or Howth summit when I'm training later.

Not forgetting you either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Sitting on my balcony, reading a book :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Witchie wrote: »

I have to admit it. I’m crying. It’s a cruel world sometimes. Take care everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I'm the same. It's about a 2 hour drive from where I live and I hadn't been down since Christmastime, which I felt bad about but the few months after Christmas were so difficult for me that I couldn't bring myself to go and make myself more upset. I normally go with the aul lad but went solo today, which was nice for a change. Told her all my gossip :pac:

She'll be gone 10 years this October, so hard to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,777 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Frankley Services, M5 SB (#41)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Pizza & vino. Starting early. Be warned of odd musings as the night progresses. Apologies in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

honeybear wrote: »
    Pizza & vino. Starting early. Be warned of odd musings as the night progresses. Apologies in advance!

So how are you getting on?:D

Having dinner at a big table of people. No alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Grandeeod wrote: »
    So how are you getting on?:D

Having dinner at a big table of people. No alcohol.

All is fab. Had a busy day. Celebrating

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »

We welcome odd musings here 😀

Such fun with the two little people! Nearly 4 & nearly 2, so much Craic! I missed so much when I was away, it's great to get close again......
    Although, I'm knackered now.... Glass of wine time :)

Home from a hill walk over Howth summit with Richo

485034.jpg

Witchie, your friend & her family were in my thoughts, including all the victims of the Omagh bombing.

Just chilling with Richo at my feet and trying to watch Derry Girls, I can't get into it. I'm guessing its a teenie, girlie show or should I give it some more time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Home from a hill walk over Howth summit with Richo

485034.jpg

Witchie, your friend & her family were in my thoughts, including all the victims of the Omagh bombing.

Just chilling with Richo at my feet and trying to watch Derry Girls, I can't get into it. I'm guessing its a teenie, girlie show or should I give it some more time?

Ireland's Eye and Lambay in the background. Never lived up there, but spent many an afternoon up there in my teens. Beautiful place. The Bailey below it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside looking up honeymoon destinations I mean holidays :D

• Advertisement

trying to watch Derry Girls, I can't get into it. I'm guessing its a teenie, girlie show or should I give it some more time?

Yeah I couldn't get into it either, not so funny. Just OK background TV

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement