Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Music - Setting Up In Ireland

• 15-03-2020 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hello All,

Apologies in advanced if this is in the wrong forum (If a mod needs to move it to the appropriate forum, please do).

I'm trying to set up Amazon Music for Ireland, but it's showing that I've already got Amazon Music set up outside Ireland. The default appears to be United Kingdom, but I've still got to put details in (Address, postal code, etc...). When I select Ireland and click Ok, it appears to do nothing. The only other option showing up is 'Amazon Music Unlimited' (I've already got Prime...)

Is there any downside to just using the United Kingdom as the default choice? Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

I have Prime too and it keeps telling me about my "unused benefit",
    but won't let me choose UK without a UK billed credit card address.
    Like yourself, I can choose IE too, but then it is not included as part of my Prime membership.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It comes down to account/billing details. You'll need to take it up with Amazon.

I use a virtual Revolut card setup as a UK card. And Parcel Motel for the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

Thanks.
    Can I have a billing adress for a method that doesn't match my home address without a problem?

If not, I can't do it that way.
    We have Amazon family and the last time I tried to change my address (to add the Eircode) I got a message telling me that as I had changed address, I was leaving the family - meaning my wife and kids would no longer have access to any of our purchases.
    It took two long frustrating phone calls to get this sorted out and under pressure they said they'd make an exception and put the address back but would not do it a second time!

I should look into the procedure for actually "moving house" and see if I could update addresses for everybody at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭decies

Sorry to post on here only recently got into Spotify and Alexa so I started to look at amazon music . I tried to sign up for amazon music on the normal amazon app this brought me to amazon music app where there is no place on app to sign up . Just going around in circles . So is amazon music not available in Ireland or what ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭finbarrrr

Great idea ... Do you need a new Revolut Account outside your current Irish one or can you add a second virtual card with a different address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭finbarrrr

Two options to Amazon Music

(i) Amazon Music Prime (2million Songs) Free for Amazon Prime (UK) Members

(ii) Amazon Music Unlimited (~100m songs) ~€10/month. Available everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just asking.....

Has anyone figured out a way to use amazon music prime in Ireland? I have a prime account but it's not something that's ever worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Has anybody figured out how to cancel Amazon Music Unlimited subscription?? Feel like I've been looking for half an hour and it just a dead end, no way to do it on my app or desktop at all??? Help!

Advertisement