Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2019

• 07-01-2019 12:00am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Someone with their tree still up in February?
    A Christmas film on TV in the middle of March?
    Fairy lights for sale in April?

If so, this is the thread for you! Come in and let us know if you've seen something magical and festive at any random time of the year.
    And photos of anything festive are always very welcome. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Got this Tipperary Crystal book/ornament set yesterday in Harvey Normans - reduced from 40euro to 12! :D:D:Dhttps://www.tipperarycrystal.ie/products/red-christmas-story-book-set-of-4-decorations?cPath=3112

Will really look forward to opening them in December. Also got a three mugs and two Christmas bowls in Homestore :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Every year I would sneak a Christmas ornament or two and "forget" to take them down and put them away.

My wife has copped on to this and is firmly putting a stop to it in the new house :(

So I can't have a sneaky Christmas Ornament left lying around.

I'll have to settled for having a year round Christmas Wallpaper on my phone to keep up my out of season tradition me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I'll have to settled for having a year round Christmas Wallpaper on my phone to keep up my out of season tradition me thinks!

Funnily enough I changed my phones wallpaper from my christmas one to my normal one as I went to bed last night, twas my nod to little christmas ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I have recently started collecting some Hallmark Christmas keepsake ornaments....only avail in the U.S. Some of their designers have already released images of some of their upcoming Christmas 2019 ornaments!
    I collect the Hallmark birds series and I’m so excited to see next years release will be a cockatiel! Have to wait a while to get it but some other items are being released in April! Ah the smell of Christmas already! :D

https://www.hallmark.com/products/clever-cockatiel-exclusive-ornament-1799QXC5374.html

https://www.hallmark.com/products/o-tannenbaum-exclusive-ornament-1QXC5380.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Sundew wrote: »
    I have recently started collecting some Hallmark Christmas keepsake ornaments...

I collect the Hallmark birds series and I’m so excited to see next years release will be a cockatiel! Have to wait a while to get it but some other items are being released in April! Ah the smell of Christmas already! :D

https://www.hallmark.com/products/clever-cockatiel-exclusive-ornament-1799QXC5374.html

Ooh, the cockatiel is gorgeous!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Available July 13th.
    Only a few weeks before the BT Christmas shop opens, then we'll be on the home stretch! :D

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Ooh, the cockatiel is gorgeous!!

Check out the red macaw that was out this year. Got it reduced just after Christmas. A real pretty Christmas ornament and can be kept up all year round. N.B: Loughc ;)
    Posy wrote: »
    Available July 13th.
    Only a few weeks before the BT Christmas shop opens, then we'll be on the home stretch! :D

Whoop! whoop! Only 6 mths to go! But I still can’t get used to having me tree down :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I saw 21 houses still decorated/lit up on my way home from work. I feel cheated having to take mine down now.

The sitting room is so dark. Even with lamps and candles.

Was just visiting my Mothers a short time ago and she still has tree up lighting with curtains open and Christmas cards on show......brazen or what! :D
    I’ve still got to take down outdoor lights which are wrapped right around three birch trees. It’s gonna be a nightmare as the lightstring goes on forever

My ornaments all put to bed until next Nov!
    YuYQ51x.jpg

Here’s that mccaw!
    1OesDR2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I always think outside lights can be left up: they are used again for family celebrations, parties etc.

And they brighten up the cold and bareness of winter evenings.

Last year we turned on our porch lights again during the snow of early March and it looked so warm and Christmassy against the white scene!

• Advertisement

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Last year we turned on our porch lights again during the snow of early March and it looked so warm and Christmassy against the white scene!

That’s the dream haha.

I saw 21 houses still decorated/lit up on my way home from work. I feel cheated having to take mine down now.

The sitting room is so dark. Even with lamps and candles.

21!!! Wow!!!

I actually saw one house with all their external lights on this morning as i drove to the station, it was just around the corner from me so they must have gotten home after I did yesterday as the entire area was back to normal then.

I must admit seeing all their lights on made me smile on whats a tough second day back at the coal face.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Another highlight for me on here for 2018 was our debate series! The sweets was a brilliant one that kept switching leaders up to the last few hours. Definitely think it'll be something to re-visit in 2019 but in what capacity I'm not sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I actually noticed this year nearly ever house in my area/town kept there lights up until the 5th/6th.
    Tonight even one of the town lights was lighting!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not sure this qualifies but sitting here eating mince pies! Asked when I emailed the list for my grocery order from the mainland and they sent 2 boxes....

Graces7 wrote: »
    Not sure this qualifies but sitting here eating mince pies! Asked when I emailed the list for my grocery order from the mainland and they sent 2 boxes....

Would love a few mince pies now. Ate my last one earlier in the week & none of our local shops have them on sale anymore. So it'll be December 1st before I get the pleasure again.

Saw 3 houses still decorated this morning on way to work. One in particular had the most beautiful wreath on their door so you couldn’t blame them for not wanting to take it down!

I only realised last night when sitting down to dinner that our christmas table centrepiece is still out. Mentioned it to herself who said that as it was more of a winter one than christmas specific (its more or less a wreath with red berries etc) that she'd like to keep it out for a bit longer.
    I had no complaints.

Was disappointed to see the last house on my drive to the train station that had their lights up had them taken down last night. So that's that until later in the year for me I suspect.

Someone has put out a box of quality street sweets at reception in work. Exactly the pick up that was needed during a long week!

The first thing that struck me when I walked past them is how festive/decorative the sweets all look in the tin. The colours resemble mini Christmas decorations.

DvB wrote: »
    Would love a few mince pies now. Ate my last one earlier in the week & none of our local shops have them on sale anymore. So it'll be December 1st before I get the pleasure again.

Aww. that was me yesterday! Date is 30.03.19.. I do have 2 jars of home made mincemeat but was never well enough to make the pies... This by the way was Supervalu

• Advertisement

Someone has put out a box of quality street sweets at reception in work. Exactly the pick up that was needed during a long week!

The first thing that struck me when I walked past them is how festive/decorative the sweets all look in the tin. The colours resemble mini Christmas decorations.

I have a new tub of Heroes at my elbow. I was so unexpectedly given chocolates etc so they survived.. Not opened yet! ;)

Miracle on 34th street is on E4 today at 5.45pm.

Bad Santa 2 and Office Christmas Party both added to Netflix 2 days ago.

Miracle on 34th street is on E4 today at 5.45pm.

Saw that earlier and thought it odd.

Rise of the guardians is on RTÉ tonight 6.35 it always reminds me of a Christmas movie even though it’s technically not.

Car parked beside mine at the Blanch SC still had its reindeer antlers up, that counts doesn't it?

DvB wrote: »
    Car parked beside mine at the Blanch SC still had its reindeer antlers up, that counts doesn't it?

Absolutely. I went for a walk yesterday and I saw a house that still had Christmas stickers in the window. I have a sneaky suspicion they forgot about them!

Absolutely. I went for a walk yesterday and I saw a house that still had Christmas stickers in the window. I have a sneaky suspicion they forgot about them!

House behind us has had santa stickers in one of the rear bedroom windows for nearly 2 years now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Found myself driving down the road to the house I pass on the way home from work and they leave their decorations and Christmas sign up all year round, albeit not lit up but I can still see it:)

• Advertisement

I swear to God a relative of mine stil has her tree up lighting an all! I asked her did she want me to help in taking it down. I got a big fat no shouted at me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement