Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blood in cat poo

• 20-10-2019 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭

My cat had diarrhea tonight, I noticed in his littler tray there was allot of blood in it.
    I will ring the vet in the morning but just wondering if anyone has experience with this? Any idea what could be causing it? I haven't changed his food, he doesn't seem to be in any pain or acting differently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

My cat had diarrhea tonight, I noticed in his littler tray there was allot of blood in it.
    I will ring the vet in the morning but just wondering if anyone has experience with this? Any idea what could be causing it? I haven't changed his food, he doesn't seem to be in any pain or acting differently.

Did it have an indian and a few pints last night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Could be stress, colitis, a foreign body maybe? Have it seen by a vet tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

s8n wrote: »
    Did it have an indian and a few pints last night ?

Yellow carded, we take a dim view of trolling in this forum. Do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I dont know, he just got over a nasty infection after being attacked by a wild cat, it took two courses of anti biotics and he still has a lump. I dont know if the two are connected? He did have pain around his stomach area and would hiss when lifted (very unlike him) but he hasnt been in pain in that area or the infected area for over 2 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

I dont know, he just got over a nasty infection after being attacked by a wild cat, it took two courses of anti biotics and he still has a lump. I dont know if the two are connected? He did have pain around his stomach area and would hiss when lifted (very unlike him) but he hasnt been in pain in that area or the infected area for over 2 weeks now.

Did the vet check his stomach pain or did that come on after the infection? The blood and diahorrea could be any number of things, only a vet will be able to narrow it down. He may still be in pain, even though you think he’s not, cats are extremely good at hiding it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

If you can, try and get a photo of the littertray/blood for the vet, a small sample of it can be useful as well.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

I wasnt trolling, it was a VERY honest question.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

s8n wrote: »
    I wasnt trolling, it was a VERY honest question.

One week ban for ignoring a mod instruction. 'Do not post in this thread again' is a pretty simple instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Thanks everyone, he's having some tests done so hopefully know more soon.

Advertisement