Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Current Accounts - Unforeseen Pitfalls?

• 12-10-2019 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭

I've BOI A/C but want to switch to AIB for mobile pay. I'm currently using 365 monthly saver & current, but want to move both.

Apart from getting onto work for Bank A/C switch, from experience, has anyone found any unforeseen pitfalls of switching accounts?

For example, if a payee sends money to my account where will the money go?

Can direct debits be instructed to take from my other account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

The Switching Code should mean that all your outbound transfers, will switch across.

You will need to inform all your inbound transfer parties, of your new details.

The risks of the switch is that something will go astray. Leave your old account open until such time as you are confident that all inbounds and outbounds have moved across.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I used switching code to move from BOI to PTSB years ago. It was great not having to contact BOI at all and my final credit balance from BOI was transferred over to my PTSB account.

No way would I pay minimum €20 per year to BOI.

Advertisement