Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**website address removed** murdered

• 16-09-2019 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

It's crazy the way the new owners of **website address removed**murdered the site, they made it nessasery for people to have to re-register from scratch and hardly anyone did, now it' a ghosttown

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It was crap anyway so no loss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Is that what happened? I have to say there was one poster there called Siobhanor who was excellent and I'll miss reading her posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Happens to a lot of forums. Magic Mum and Weddings Online went the same way. Used to be hopping and now defunct.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I always found it clunky and a pain to navigate so was never really on it much.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

lazygal wrote: »
    Happens to a lot of forums. Magic Mum and Weddings Online went the same way. Used to be hopping and now defunct.

All the Magic Mum's are on HeyMammy.com now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Athdara

It’s like a Ghosttown on there now. I have a quick read of the maybe 1 new post per day and the 2-3 replies. There was a time if you didn’t check it a few times a day you would never catch up. It had quieted a bit before the takeover but now it has just died off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

A similar thing happened to boards when it was sold and most people that were here over 10years ago will say it's no fun now.
    Once a commercial entity takes over it's generally about trying to find out how to make money, which results in changes ... Some changes are too much for the people and they simply move away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Mod

We are not here to comment on other forums. Please keep topics to items you'd wish to discuss here. Any issues you have with them, take it up with them.

Closing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement