Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-02-2020, 15:45   #16
DubCount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
I think they really need to clear up their own definition of it, especially around the ASD subject as it could become a PR nightmare in the future for them.

My daughter when we applied, was non-verbal, flight risk, not toilet trained, and very limited diet. Since then two years later she has made progress in communication (a few words) but we don't know how things will turn out. I hope i actually do have this problem down the line but it could go either way.
100% agree. "acute autism" is a meaningless term and their guidance is just not clear.

I hope your daughter continues to progress in the right direction and achieves her full potential.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-05-2020, 14:34   #17
lazyman

Hi all
We are in the process of applying for this for our four year old daughter who was diagnosed last year with autism so we will backdate the claim for the last 4 years
Just wondering for the future is the tax credit automatically applied so my tax is reduced during the year or do you claim once a year like with medical expenses and get a lump sum refund?
Revenue are not taking calls at the moment
Thank you
15-05-2020, 16:14   #18
fits

Its automatically applied.
15-05-2020, 16:36   #19
lazyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fits View Post
Its automatically applied.
Thank you, was hoping to get it every 12 months as a lump sum refund but not to worry, delighted to get it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Share Tweet