Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Who Will The Dems pick in 2020
Harris 45 6.43%
Bernie 195 27.86%
Clinton 24 3.43%
Brooker 8 1.14%
Biden 260 37.14%
Gillbrand 6 0.86%
Oprah! 32 4.57%
Warren 85 12.14%
Klobuchar 7 1.00%
Michelle Obama 31 4.43%
Cuomo 7 1.00%
Voters: 700. You may not vote on this poll

03-06-2020, 21:43   #4456
BonnieSituation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrol View Post
My fears about Biden are starting to fade after seeing this and you contrast it with how Trump is acting

https://twitter.com/chrislongview/st...534388225?s=20
Nailed it.

Trump's hate can't counteract that. What's he gonna respond with?
Advertisement
06-06-2020, 20:40   #4457
briany

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieSituation View Post
Nailed it.

Probably name-calling and capital letters.
Thanks from:
06-06-2020, 20:50   #4458
Gunmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieSituation View Post
Nailed it.

Probably get his gremlins at Fox News to find a still from a video of Biden where he is blinking and then "Hurhur Sleepy-Joe, he always sleeping hurhur"

That or break out one of the classics and call him Covfefe.

Future presidential debates will be interesting anyways.
(2) thanks from:
06-06-2020, 22:14   #4459
Itssoeasy

Some of the Fox News opinion polls should be very worrying for the republicans not just trump. The setnate republicans who are up will have to make a decision to break from trump even slightly if the polls don't improve. For example Biden and trump are in a statistical tie in Texas of all places with the election five months away. I don't think joe Biden is the perfect candidate but he is good enough and given the way the US is at the moment it may prove to be an excellent choice. Biden should just do what is required because trump is hurting himself without any help from the Biden campaign.
06-06-2020, 22:26   #4460
pixelburp

It's an election year, there's not a hope in hell the GOP will ditch Trump publicly, and the most you'll likely see is Romney or Murkowski tutting and feigning distaste. They've held their nose this long. Politics in the US are too partisan, too far gone for any party's members to deviate. Oh there'll be plenty of retroactive "I never did support him" once Trump's gone but for now? Naw, John McCain was the outlier here.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-06-2020, 22:38   #4461
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelburp View Post
It's an election year, there's not a hope in hell the GOP will ditch Trump publicly, and the most you'll likely see is Romney or Murkowski tutting and feigning distaste. They've held their nose this long. Politics in the US are too partisan, too far gone for any party's members to deviate. Oh there'll be plenty of retroactive "I never did support him" once Trump's gone but for now? Naw, John McCain was the outlier here.
I don't expect them to do it's publicly hence why I said even slightly. When it comes to the crunch let's be honest the GOP want their guy in the White House but they want to keep their seats in congress more IMO. So I'll agree they won't do it publicly but I can see those in vulnerable seats using the old "all politics is local" card if trump is sinking badly and making them look bad.
06-06-2020, 22:39   #4462
rossie1977

Yes we saw that when the MSNBC reporter tried to interview any Republican senator the other day and not one would talk to her.

Republicans one and all are still behind Trump, even Romney refused to answer questions.
06-06-2020, 23:10   #4463
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossie1977 View Post
Yes we saw that when the MSNBC reporter tried to interview any Republican senator the other day and not one would talk to her.

Republicans one and all are still behind Trump, even Romney refused to answer questions.
They didn't exactly sound like they were fully behind him bar ted Cruz who after all trump said about his wife and father still supports trump for some reason.
07-06-2020, 16:45   #4464
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossie1977 View Post

That's the most amusing thing about Romney, Romney who voted to impeach, and remove the president for being unfit for office, isn't sure if he will be supporting him in November. It would almost make you laugh.
Advertisement
07-06-2020, 16:50   #4465
Tell me how

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
That's the most amusing thing about Romney, Romney who voted to impeach, and remove the president for being unfit for office, isn't sure if he will be supporting him in November. It would almost make you laugh.
Could Romney be acting on big picture grounds?

If he were to state that he was not going to support Trump now, other GOP moderates (as much as they exist), might follow leading to a situation where the election might be all but a formality for a Biden win.

If that becomes clear in June, July, what is Trump going to do in the intervening months if he feels his 2nd term is being stolen from him.

I just typed there that he might incite civil war and I deleted it because it seems just too bizarre to say about a US President in 2020, but, look at where we are.
07-06-2020, 20:40   #4466
Water John

Powell voted for Clinton in 2016 and is now endorsing Biden;
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-us-president
07-06-2020, 20:48   #4467
The Phantom Jipper

Hopefully the likes of Romney and Bush are waiting until September or October to endorse, for maximum impact.
07-06-2020, 21:44   #4468
eire4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell me how View Post
Could Romney be acting on big picture grounds?

If he were to state that he was not going to support Trump now, other GOP moderates (as much as they exist), might follow leading to a situation where the election might be all but a formality for a Biden win.

If that becomes clear in June, July, what is Trump going to do in the intervening months if he feels his 2nd term is being stolen from him.

I just typed there that he might incite civil war and I deleted it because it seems just too bizarre to say about a US President in 2020, but, look at where we are.
I hate to say it but if it is close to November and it is clear he will not win it is certain IMHO the President is not just going to accept that and is liable to do anything at that point and inciting violence of one sort or another seems very likely given his behaviour to date and especially recently.
Thanks from:
07-06-2020, 23:12   #4469
Water John

Well, he was hoping the protests would turn violent, to fulfil his 'Law and Order', deflect from Covid 19 play.
He just got that wrong, too.
08-06-2020, 14:31   #4470
serfboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell me how View Post
GOP moderates
No such thing.

There was at one time, but that time is long gone.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion