Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox Headset Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Argos are easy to deal with I've found from my experiences. As long as they aren't actually snapped in 2 or damaged visually in any way apart from maybe a few light scratches here and there, they shouldn't have any problems exchanging them for a new pair. Argos will cover it as long as it's under manufacturer warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just dug out the Argos receipt and it says "Exempt from 30 Day Guarantee". And the date I got them was 15/07/14. Would worry if I bring them to Argos, they will say I broke them and that it's been too long to consider a return...

30 Day Guarantee from Argos is only for change of mind, it doesn't replace your consumer rights for a damaged or faulty product. If you truly and honestly believe the headset broke because of a manufacturer defect / issue then go back to Argos with your receipt.

Also I used to work in a shop that sold these headsets and we replaced them once we could verify they were faulty for ourselves (i.e. hook up to a console!)

Check out "Consumer Issues" for more information if you need.

Most likely Argos will swap them anyway, I brought in a hard drive I'd had for a month after it stopped working and as soon as I said, "I've checked with other devices and they all work" and they said "oh, ok fine. Would you like the same one again?" :D

Most likely Argos will swap them anyway, I brought in a hard drive I'd had for a month after it stopped working and as soon as I said, "I've checked with other devices and they all work" and they said "oh, ok fine. Would you like the same one again?" :D

Lol yeah.
    I've brought stuff back loads of times. They're great that way, they won't even check it. Just ask you what happened it, (I just say, "it stopped working" simple as) and they're fine with that. Tell you to pick out a replacement, you don't even have to get the same one. I've also brought back Sennheiser earphones nearly a year after I bought them and gotten my money back as they had stopped working.

So yeah, bring your headphones into Argos and get a new set for yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

hey all

just a quick question, i am not crazy about spending (imo) insane amounts on a headset as i really want them to just lower down the volume so the missus can read in peace etc and i can play games

what is the general opinion of the xbone stereo headset, i have seen it for sale for 40 euro but dont wanna take the plunge if useless

recyclops wrote: »
    hey all

just a quick question, i am not crazy about spending (imo) insane amounts on a headset as i really want them to just lower down the volume so the missus can read in peace etc and i can play games

what is the general opinion of the xbone stereo headset, i have seen it for sale for 40 euro but dont wanna take the plunge if useless

If you get the stereo headset adapter. You can use any earphones or headphones you may have at home already as long as it has a 3.5mm jack. Just an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Heys guys,got the one the other day,tried out the mic that came with it....thought it was awful though :pac:.
    I had the X11's on the 360 and I thought they were a great headset but they were on their last legs by the time I got the one anyway.
    Reading back through the thread I seen Tritton Kama mentioned for €65 or I've seen myself the Turtle beach XO four for €90,so would anyone recommend one over the other or a different headset before I invest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Heys guys,got the one the other day,tried out the mic that came with it....thought it was awful though :pac:.
    I had the X11's on the 360 and I thought they were a great headset but they were on their last legs by the time I got the one anyway.
    Reading back through the thread I seen Tritton Kama mentioned for €65 or I've seen myself the Turtle beach XO four for €90,so would anyone recommend one over the other or a different headset before I invest?

What's your budget for a headset?

In October Xbox One gets a fully wireless surround sound headset from Turtle beach. It's premium priced.but I can't wait to get rid of the chat adapter and cables.

The XO fours and XO sevens produce the same audio quality however the XO fours ear cups are rather small and uncomfortable while the sevens have larger really comfortable ear cups.

I was originally going to buy the XO sevens but when I seen the price drop I realised that TB must be bringing out a new headset.

The sound quality of both XO headsets is really good for stero headsets.

What's your budget for a headset?

In October Xbox One gets a fully wireless surround sound headset from Turtle beach. It's premium priced.but I can't wait to get rid of the chat adapter and cables.

The XO fours and XO sevens produce the same audio quality however the XO fours ear cups are rather small and uncomfortable while the sevens have larger really comfortable ear cups.

I was originally going to buy the XO sevens but when I seen the price drop I realised that TB must be bringing out a new headset.

The sound quality of both XO headsets is really good for stero headsets.
    Probably wanna keep below €100 as I've just splashed on the one.
    Just on the ear cup size on the fours are they smaller the the x11's do you know? or is there anyway to check,as they were quite comfortable on me
    *Actually don't think the ear cup will be a problem,just reading reviews on amazon,if anything the xo sevens might be too big,I have a small head...I think

Down the line I may change to a higher quality headset again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I have the Kama, i would regard them as a very good inexpensive option given that they come with the chat adaptor, which is around €20-€25 which makes the headset itself around €40. Although I can see myself upgrading to a more premium headset down the road, these are fantastic and do a great job for the time being, comfortable to wear and the sound is pretty good.

Probably wanna keep below €100 as I've just splashed on the one.
    Just on the ear cup size on the fours are they smaller the the x11's do you know? or is there anyway to check,as they were quite comfortable on me
    *Actually don't think the ear cup will be a problem,just reading reviews on amazon,if anything the xo sevens might be too big,I have a small head...I think

Down the line I may change to a higher quality headset again.

Difficult to say the difference between the X11's and the XO fours's ear cup size. While Turtle beach stock ear cups for X11 they don't sell parts for XO fours :eek:

From doing a lot of research into Xbox headsets what came across to me is the headset is very uncomfortable for hours of gaming at a time.

I would have liked to hear more from people who bought them and have used them for weeks and months though.

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    I have the Kama, i would regard them as a very good inexpensive option given that they come with the chat adaptor, which is around €20-€25 which makes the headset itself around €40. Although I can see myself upgrading to a more premium headset down the road, these are fantastic and do a great job for the time being, comfortable to wear and the sound is pretty good.
    Think I might go for this option and probably upgrade further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Anyone else having problems with the Xbox adapter?
    I bought one in Gamestop for €30 so I could use my trusted X11's but I cannot hear my friends in party talking.
    They can hear me though which is odd.
    I can hear gameplay too.

CiaranW wrote: »
    I bought one in Gamestop for €30 so I could use my trusted X11's but I cannot hear my friends in party talking.
    I can hear gameplay too.

Can you hear people in game chat talking?

Try holding down on the chat button on the adapter until you hear a beep and then see of you can hear others.

The chat button is the one with the people icon on it.

Can you hear people in game chat talking?

Try holding down on the chat button on the adapter until you hear a beep and then see of you can hear others.

The chat button is the one with the people icon on it.

No, I can't hear people in game chatting.
    I'll give that a shot next time I'm on the Xbox, thanks man.

No, I can't hear people in game chatting.
    I'll give that a shot next time I'm on the Xbox, thanks man.

I also posted a while back about a common chat issue that sounds like what is happening to your party chat. In party chat press A over your name and choose game chat, then toggle it back and forth. You should be able to hear them then.

Here is the post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92139374

I also posted a while back about a common chat issue that sounds like what is happening to your party chat. In party chat press A over your name and choose game chat, then toggle it back and forth. You should be able to hear them then.

Here is the post

Thanks.
    Microsoft being crafty making me spend €30 on an adapter to use my headset.
    Was most definitely not buying a new one.
    Love my X11's.

Thanks.
    Microsoft being crafty making me spend €30 on an adapter to use my headset.
    Was most definitely not buying a new one.
    Love my X11's.

I use the X11's with the adapter at the moment.

I am picking up a new XB1 headset in October though. I have used a few headsets and my X11's just aren't that great in comparison.

The new XB1 headset from turtle beach is completely wireless, so no adpater needed. The stealth-500x

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I can hear gameplay too.

did you update your controller?

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Can i use tritton headset for 360 on xb1 does any1 knw?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭madcabbage

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Can i use tritton headset for 360 on xb1 does any1 knw?

I believe you can if there's an optical sound input and you've the official headset adapter that you can buy off Microsofts website.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    I believe you can if there's an optical sound input and you've the official headset adapter that you can buy off Microsofts website.

What you mean by optical sound input?

How does your headset connect for sound input for the 360? Red and white cable that attaches to the AV/VGA cable for video and sound? Or do you have a really small black cable that inserts into digital input? Basically the later is for HD sound if ya get what I'm saying. The red/white audio cable is the old system which does not work on the Xbox one (please correct me if I'm wrong here!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is it a triton trigger set? the headset detaches from the volume control and rest of the cable ? If so you just plug the headset part (3.5mm jack) into the adaptor for Xbox one and away you go. (you have to buy an adaptor)

Ya its tritton triger. Wud i stil b able to hear game and voice volume tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ya its tritton triger. Wud i stil b able to hear game and voice volume tho?

Yes indeed, I tested it with that exact set, volume and levels are controlled by the adaptor. You just plug the head set part of the trigger set into the xbox one adaptor via the 3.5mm jack, you can leave the rest (the cable part of the trigger) connected to the 360 and swap the head set between the 2 consoles with ease then.

Cheers bud. Happy i dont have to buy a new headset so when i get xb1

One more question , does the adaptor plug into the controler or the console?

One more question , does the adaptor plug into the controler or the console?

It's one of these you need. And it connects to the headset port of the controller.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/productID.295693100

This is what is says in that link "To receive game audio with a third-party headset for Xbox 360, connect headset to your Xbox One via Optical Cable or TV via RCA Cable; game audio not supported with Microsoft Xbox 360 headsets. Additional requirements may apply for full functionality"

So does that mean i wont be able to hear the game volume? Just chat volume unless i connect the red and white cables?

• Advertisement

It depends on the headset being used. I think some triton headsets get game/chat in throught the cable from controller to headset. Look up YouTube and see if there's clips posted.

Advertisement